Iron Banner 2.0

SirShavesALot

So, it's finally back (hopefully working as advertised this time). As far as I am concerned this looks like a huge grind (especially if you want to get any of the armor). To get the boots you need to reach level 3 and to get the gauntlets you need to reach level 4. Both pieces cost 9,500 glimmer (I think). Luckily I have the shader and emblem from last Iron Banner, so I will get a nice little boost starting fresh with my Level 29 Hunter. The only reason I might subject myself to this is so I can get the gauntlets that have been preventing my Hunter from hitting level 30. I will definitely run the Raid first in hopes of getting said gauntlets. By the way, does anyone know the rep requirements for the different levels?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play the Iron Banner, but the amount of rep needed to buy anything worthwhile looks like it could take quite some time.

What are your thoughts? Will you be playing the Iron Banner or will you just keep raiding and hoping for a lucky RNG drop?

Bought the boots, now I can finally hit 30 without having to depend on the raid and RNG. :D

Lucky. :p

My Warlock is already level 30 so he won't even be entering into the IB. However, my poor Hunter is only level 29. The only thing I need are the Raid gauntlets. Of course those had to be placed Rank 4 in the IB. That's gonna be quite a bit of grinding to get my rep that high. Luckily I have the shader and emblem from last time, that should help a little. :rolleyes:

Hopefully when/if I run the Raid tonight I get my gauntlets and can save myself the trouble of PvP (which I really don't like too much).

There must be a full IB armor set eventually, because around a fortnight ago they messed up and opened the event area and IB vendor by mistake (only around an hour, I came back from nightfall/heroic weekly and it had gone). I was on my Titan and got to peak at the items and they had a cool looking IB helm with the wolf logo etched into the visor.

Have you guys used the"reforge" feature on Lord Salad? It's pretty cool actually. It only shows up if you currently have an IB weapon equipped. I had gotten Jolder's Hammer (Machine Gun) upon hitting IB rank 3. It was nice enough to include Arc Damage and Field Scout, however the two listed features were "faster reload when empty" and "kill with final round increases reload". Seriously, how often will your final bullet in a Machine Gun mag be the killing bullet?

So I reforged it. Each reforge costs 2 motes of light and can only be done to IB weapons. It flipped between elements, and it wasn't just the two listed attributes that changed, but the other triple-choice attributes varied as well. I rolled 5 times (using 10 motes) till I got what I wanted, or close enough anyhow:

-Arc

-Increased Stability

-Field Scout (more ammo in a magazine)

-"Reloading this weapon after a kill grants a damage bonus for a short time." (would have preferred "finding more ammo (for PvE)" or "kills add damage (without reload portion)

There must be a full IB armor set eventually.

They have shown a number of images with the full set of IB gear. Here are some large images:

[spoiler=IB-gear]

http://i2.wp.com/planetdestiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/hunter_ironbanner-1.png?zoom=2&resize=214%2C533

http://i1.wp.com/planetdestiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/warlock_ironbanner-1.png?zoom=2&resize=196%2C533

http://i0.wp.com/planetdestiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/titan-iron-banner-armor-1.png?zoom=2&resize=196%2C533

Edited by TrevorReznor

Had a good night last night (Raid wise). Ran my Hunter through on Normal and got the gauntlets I needed to hit 30, so no need to worry about getting the IB ones. Then ran my Titan through and I got the boots, chest, and Plan C. Not a bad haul (for once). My Warlock is at 30, I just have to level up the Hunter gauntlets to get them to 30, and my Titan... well, that's a different story. Right now he is at level 26 as the Raid gear hasn't been leveled up yet and he still has a *cough*blue helmet*cough*. I should be able to get him to 29 in hopes of getting the Raid helmet.

Long story short, won't be playing too much IB. Much more of a PvE guy anyway.

Word is they improved IB and it's actually, quite a bit of fun. I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting some time to spend with this. I'll take the boots, gladly. :)

It's still not the Iron Banner that was originally advertised.

The damage difference between close ranks is just way too small. On my Suros with critical hits, we're talking a one point difference between ranks. The theory is that if My level 29 character came up against a Level 20, I'd slaughter him. But in my experience, the players from 20-25 are very rare, and I'm facing Mostly 27-30s.

On top of that, they placed the priority of maxing out your weapons versus having better weapons. So A fully upgraded rare weapon can do more damage than a Legendary or exotic that isn't maxed. That's bullshit. They're still not giving those of us who have put time into the game to get the best gear and highest ranks enough of an advantage. If I wanted a leveled playing field, I'd play normal Crucible.

I want my 20% advantage per rank that I get in PVE. I want my Legendary and Exotic weapons to leave the shit blue guns in the dust.

I did get my Warlock to 30 when I got the boots, and now I have flexibility with the gauntlets. I still need to get the boots for my Hunter for 30, and my Titan needs a chest and helmet, so he'll be sitting out this time.

Ahh you guys make me jealous with your 3X 29 level characters.. I think this IB I will only be able to get my warlock to level 30.. Since it went live in last 4 days I have got my hunter and titan to level 20 then loaded them with exotics from Xur previous purchases and finished nightfall with help of my level 30 friend to get them both to level 25.. I do not think there is any point on trying to get IB gear for them right now seeing that the rank will reset on Tuesday.. I really want the event to go on ahead for 2 weeks.. After buying the emblem and shader I am already out of glimmer.. So far I have been lucky in PvP by keeping my Win > Loss except one time when I lost 8 times in row.. So far I like it.. It gives open to not be dependant on raid to get your gear specially with luck like mine (only 1 piece of raid gear so far)

Well lets see what else can be pulled in next 2 days.. I keep my fingers crossed and pray to Gods of PvP to match me against noobs who wants to loose..