Flawless raider achieved!

gable1234

Its possible. It can be done. This trophy was probably one of the hardest things I have ever accomplished in the entirety of my gaming. The sense of accomplishment we all felt as we beat the entire raid in one sitting with 0 mistakes was unbelievable. We screamed and shouted as if we saw the 2nd coming of Christ. Now, let me stop relishing in our victory and give you some incite on how we did this. As you may have noticed I am using the pronoun "WE". This is a collaborative effort that requires each member to carry their own weight and then some! No piggy backing whatsoever. Also it helps extremely to have a chemistry with each other and have spent some time together and hell, becoming friends. I stress this. Its impervious that you have run the raid multiple times with each other and are very comfortable with the layout of the vault of glass and all the roles. General game experience matters. I had over 6 and half days of game play(an entire day of that in the raid) when I went for flawless and everyone was on par or played even more. We were all level 30 and did it on normal of course. Honestly the hardest part is the platforming section, because of the pressure. We all had superb gear, Maxed out ice breakers, kick ass fusion rifles, ect. Our fire team consists of 3 sun singer warlocks, A gunslinger hunter who is the primary shield beerier, and 2 titans who alternate between defender and striker. Sun singers should pair up with the two titans and hunter for the beginning and Templar phase 1/2 because of their damage reduction and DPS. Time your supers so everyone can benefit and constantly have a ward of dawn on the ground. Kill the oracles and let the shield beerier stop the Templar from telaporting and take your time making sure you control the mobs. The gorgon maze is a 30 second path. The platforming=good-luck. We went one at a time to ensure no bullshit. Find out how and when to use your jump/glide/jet-pack. Don't use blink, period. The Atheon boss fight make sure you designate who is going in and who stays outside(even though the patch coming soon will change this). Phase one, is easy if you know what your doing. Well there's a few pointers. My psn:gable1234 I will have the platinum this week. Good-luck everyone, Its going to take an immeasurable amount of effort from the entire fire-team. PLUE :whistle:

Congrats gable. And yeah the jumping puzzle was my biggest "legit" threat but thanks to EthiopianMobsta I never fail it now.

Most important thing to me is the chemistry, good luck to everyone go get it before the patch :D

Thanks and I have social lubricant also, what patch helped it?

This thread will likely be closed, but I got the trophy today... Exactly as I expected, it took me a day. We figured out a team that worked and nailed it.

I'll probably have nightmares about the Gorgon Maze and Platforming tonight, though. Gorgon Maze isn't too rough, it just takes some "thinking on your feet" when their patrol patterns are out of sync, but Platforming screwed us soooo many times. Every one on our team was great at the platforming (pretty much flawless) but one of us would choke every time (me included).

Post-Game Carnage Report | Bungie.net

That's the stats from our raid. I was relic carrier at Atheon and designated sniper on the Oracle patterns (before templar fight).

Edited by ifistbrowni

but practices makes perfect.

It's too bad that statement isnt true, though. I had died on the platforming when I had a perfect landing... I was a warlock and I "glided" all the way down for a soft landing went to sprint forward just a little bit after landing and my guy fell over, dead (would've captured it if i knew how to work the stupid share button).. It ended our flawless run and completely took away my moral (since at this point, we had failed like 3 times due to glitches, once at Atheon 3rd teleport).

This trophy takes a huge amount of experience, awesome gear (weapons and level 29/30) and an incredible amount of luck. The raid is just too glitchy.

I'd suggest fully upgraded Gjallahorn for minotaurs/praetorians, and Atheon Epilogue as a primary (void on the gun really helps kill the minotaurs/praetorians very fast).. I would swap between upgraded Gjallahorn and Ice Breaker, depending on my role. Void weapons will make your life easier while going for this trophy. Also, a really experienced relic carrier at Atheon is a must.

Edited by ifistbrowni

It's too bad that statement isnt true, though. I had died on the platforming when I had a perfect landing... I was a warlock and I "glided" all the way down for a soft landing went to sprint forward just a little bit after landing and my guy fell over, dead (would've captured it if i knew how to work the stupid share button).. It ended our flawless run and completely took away my moral (since at this point, we had failed like 3 times due to glitches, once at Atheon 3rd teleport).

This trophy takes a huge amount of experience, awesome gear (weapons and level 29/30) and an incredible amount of luck. The raid is just too glitchy.

I'd suggest fully upgraded Gjallahorn for minotaurs/praetorians, and Atheon Epilogue as a primary (void on the gun really helps kill the minotaurs/praetorians very fast).. I would swap between upgraded Gjallahorn and Ice Breaker, depending on my role. Void weapons will make your life easier while going for this trophy. Also, a really experienced relic carrier at Atheon is a must.

sorry u are wrong it does help to go over the jump part over and over, and to be fair why glide all the way should of just followed the path its very easy if u put the time in before hand,

sorry u are wrong it does help to go over the jump part over and over, and to be fair why glide all the way should of just followed the path its very easy if u put the time in before hand,

I'm sorry... Where did I say that practicing didn't help at all??? Look up the definition of Perfect.. It's impossible to say practice makes perfect when the game has some crazy things that can happen late..

By all means, practice the CRAP out of that platforming part... Get it to where you "feel" like you can get it 100% of the time.. When you're that confident, go for flawless, but just so you're aware, when under pressure that "100%" turns into about a 90%...

Practice doesn't make perfect. It makes you more experienced, but there is nothing in game that you can do to replicate the "jitters" that you will have when you're depending on 5 other people to make the jump, while also under the pressure of possibly ending their flawless with only one slip up, or a simple glitch like the one I had encountered.. The only way to replicate that kind of pressure is to repeatedly get there and practice, while under the pressure of ruining your flawless or somebody else ruining it for you. Practicing under no pressure doesn't exactly make you a "flawless raider," but it will help.

If you're saying I'm wrong about the "glide to a soft landing and still dying," that's alright. I have no reason to make that up and I couldn't care less if you believe me. To be fair?? I find it incredibly easy to glide the whole way down, flawlessly 95% of the time (there is no 100% in this game) and after teaching "my ways" to the other Warlocks in the group, I'm sure they would disagree with the path/pillars being the easiest way down.

Edited by ifistbrowni

I'm sorry... Where did I say that practicing didn't help at all??? Look up the definition of Perfect.. It's impossible to say practice makes perfect when the game has some crazy things that can happen late..

By all means, practice the CRAP out of that platforming part... Get it to where you "feel" like you can get it 100% of the time.. When you're that confident, go for flawless, but just so you're aware, when under pressure that "100%" turns into about a 90%...

Practice doesn't make perfect. It makes you more experienced, but there is nothing in game that you can do to replicate the "jitters" that you will have when you have 6 people that you need to depend on to make a jump that could end in so many bad ways... The only way to replicate it is to repeatedly get there and practice.... Practicing under no pressure doesn't exactly make you a "flawless raider," but it will help.

If you're saying I'm wrong about the "glide to a soft landing and still dying," that's alright. I have no reason to make that up and I couldn't care less if you believe me. To be fair?? I find it incredibly easy to glide the whole way down, flawlessly 95% of the time (there is no 100% in this game) and after teaching "my ways" to the other Warlocks in the group, I'm sure they would disagree with the path/pillars being the easiest way down.

I have done it, but u are right 95% of the time u die its because of some bull shit,

how u get the post game report for raid I cannot find it.

I dont know how.. I just made sure to grab it off my "recent game" off my warlock. It always shows you your last activity (raid, story mission, strike)... I knew once I played a Strike, i would likely never get to see the stats, so I went there first thing and grabbed the perma-link. I wish there was a way to look at most the raid stats (and there just might be, I'm new to this bungie.net stat tracking).

Lol haven't you guys bragged enough? Let recent guys bask in the glory, like me. I too am wondering how to get the report also I synced my trophies last night and went onto psnprofiles but I see a few people from my fireteam but me. Any idea why? I tried saving a clip afterwards by hitting share then square but it only saved three seconds. It's like they don't want me to have any proof that I got this trophy.

My group had 2x lvl 30 and rest were 29. Level doesn't matter, it's skill and communication. My fireteam rarely died from enemies. I think we did once when our relic holder got sniped in Mars cause someone else shot them activating their shield. Other than that it was gorgon or jump puzzle.

I haven't heard of anyone recommending blocking the Templar from teleporting during a flawless run...that'd just be silly.

Absolutely do not block teleports when going for flawless. Flawless is hard enough so every minor risk that can be avoided should be avoided. My team even took off rocket launchers at templar just so no one accidentally blew themselves up in a detain field. When relic carrier called out super we all completely stopped moving at 3 to make sure we didnt jump or fall out of detainment. Flawless is all about taking your time to make sure the little crap doesnt kill you because it will. Everything in the game is easily beaten in the time they give you. No need to rush and make a stupid mistake that scraps another 30 plus minutes of work for everyone. OP I just got mine today and i can vouch for the incredible feeling you get for obtaining this trophy. It was definetly one of my best gaming moments ever. Getting into a rag tag fire team of random strangers, being pulled through the mud, coming out victorious in the end, and some pretty damn good respectable friends after it was all done. People who knew nothing about each other now share a moment that binds them. One that many wont get to experience. Its awesome. To those trying...perserverance , dedication, practice, and time and it can be done. If you need advice i would be happy to offer mine. Good luck guardians.

U