Speaker Emblems have hidden buffs?

SWAT_brigadeCT

It could just be wishful thinking, though it IS entirely possible since we know Shaders, Class Items and Emblems are capable of this sort of thing (the Queen's Wrath event ones give a stacking rep boost for the faction). Would definitely like to see more of that regardless. Taking this with a grain of salt at the moment until more testing is done.

Welp, we can all go home now, right? :p :locked:?

That's stupid. Why else would an emblem cost 7 motes of light? There has to be a real reason for it to be priced so high. I sure as hell know it's not because of the rarity of it.

There has to be something but no one wants to say what. I wouldn't even trust Bungie anyway how do we know they're not lying?

I'm not saying the emblems DO have hidden buffs but there could be a possibility.

That's stupid. Why else would an emblem cost 7 motes of light? There has to be a real reason for it to be priced so high. I sure as hell know it's not because of the rarity of it.

Because it's a cool looking legendary item, and besides Xur there's nothing else to spend motes on at the moment.

OP is the Speaker and he's just trying to get shit sold.

lol

PMSL. xD

Because it's a cool looking legendary item, and besides Xur there's nothing else to spend motes on at the moment.

If the recent leaks are true and one of the events cost a Strange Coin per entry, I'd rather they'd use Motes. :p

See if i wanted an emblem i'd just get one from somewhere that isn't overly priced. I know the motes don't have a lot of use right now but 7 for an emblem? Could at least be 3 or 5 if it has no benefits.

I love a good bit of Game Conspiracy Theroy :D

Reminds me of GTAVs Mountain and Jet Pack.

BUT, this seems like it could have some backing,

I mean, as stated, why cost so much Motes of Light??? :think:

A future Patch will add stats to these items? That's just Speculation for the record!

Does make you scratch your chin tho :think:

You can only equip one exotic armor piece at at a time though. So once you have a piece, there's no real need to get another unless you want to swap gear around.

Not to mention that along side the various potential acquisition methods, motes are a guaranteed item just from playing since anytime you "level" after you hit 20 it gives you a mote of light. I personally had bought one of the emblems and have bought an engram as well and have enough to buy another engram if I really want to when Friday rolls around.

Having said that, 25 for a class item DOES seem a bit steep. :|

Edited by MeradinUnknown

Be aware that the OP on Bungie.net updated his post to indicate that he had someone from Bungie confirm that these items DO NOT increase your chances of anything, so the original concept is incorrect. You can buy these items, but they're not going to improve your chances of getting loot, etc.

Be aware that the OP on Bungie.net updated his post to indicate that he had someone from Bungie confirm that these items DO NOT increase your chances of anything, so the original concept is incorrect. You can buy these items, but they're not going to improve your chances of getting loot, etc.

O well... Sometimes if you believe it works It feels like it works.

Me personally, so far I used motes of light to get the lucky raspberry chest armor and the Mask of the Third Man helmet. I used to play as the warlock and switch after getting cool stuff for a hunter. I have all three classes, so maybe this coming week I will get something I prefer as well.

Or was that just a dev being sneaky?!?!

Yes, the devs are sneaky, and got a bunch of people to spend the motes on ugly emblems.

Maybe, but privately they were thinking, "That's a cool idea. Why the hell didn't we think of that?" and working to implement it in an upcoming patch. ;)