Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

337 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless something changes radically in the future of destiny, like being level 50 or whatnot/having uber gear from expansions this is easily a 10.

You have to have 5 super focused players for at least 2-3 hours. And that is if you have already spent 10+ hours in there.

Not to mention how long it takes you to get the gear to even be able to get into the raid.

Crazy things like bad luck can actually get you as well. Like slipping of a ledge during the jumping puzzle. I cringe at someone getting the raid detected or someone falling down. I wonder how long it will take for someone to get this trophy. If ever...

I voted a solid 10.

There are two trophies, that are very hard to get: Triple Play and Flawless Raider, although Triple Play still is a cakewalk compared to the raid trophy.

We just played the Vault of Glass and did the entrance and the pre-event of the templar fight. But the fight against the templar itself is hard enough to justify a 10 for this trophy.

Also note this interesting 1.0.1 patch-note, haha:

"Flawless Raider achievement cut, then un-cut, then cut, then un-cut, then declared immune to further cutting."

But I like it. This Platinum must be the most rewarding platinum of all time.

Edited by Cyphron

The raid difficulty and requirements for success are seriously off the chart... Would rate this platinum as an 11 if that were possible. There will probably be more players who unlock this trophy via hacks or other illegitimate means than by playing the game as the devs intended.

This is exactly why I am hoping they patch it if it does in fact end up being as hard as it seems even upon reaching level 30 (having completed it once to get the raid gear that allows to level that high.) If people hack it due to it being impossible it makes the trophy pointless to even have in the game so I hope they keep that in mind

Today i spend 6 hours on raid and dont finish the last boss. My team died more than 40 times. So this is gonna be a Impossible Platinum. Forget Gran Truismo 5 and Street Fighter.

I agree. I have the GT5 Plat with a controller and I'd rate GT5 a 4 compared to this raid trophy at the moment

I agree. I have the GT5 Plat with a controller and I'd rate GT5 a 4 compared to this raid trophy at the moment

That's the best line ever lol. F--- that GT5 Plat and this is a joke, but boy do I enjoy playing this game. So much fun

Oh, this is a 10 for sure

Like every other game. People will find strategies to beat it easier. Give it time.

Yeah. This is why there shouldn't be platinum difficulty polls made so early in the game... Time will come when people will find OP strategies/exploits/glitches and whatnot, and breeze thru the raid trophies. And then all those 10/10 votes will have been put in vain...

Like every other game. People will find strategies to beat it easier. Give it time.

Not sure about that. It's one thing to know a raid inside and out, it's another thing completely to do it without anyone dying. I don't think you can strategize your way out of the fact that shit happens and sometimes you can't control it.

Like I've said in other threads, if this was just a "don't die" trophy for the individual then yes it would be doable because if you get a group who all want it and are willing to take turns, one player could be extremely careful and not do anything that might risk death. But for this to apply to the whole Fireteam? That's a whole other level of hard.

I suspect that this will be an extremely tough and rare Platinum for a very long time, and if it ever becomes easy enough that anyone can do it then the guide can always be updated at that time. It's not like it'll suddenly drop down to a 2 just because of that...

I suspect that this will be an extremely tough and rare Platinum for a very long time, and if it ever becomes easy enough that anyone can do it then the guide can always be updated at that time. It's not like it'll suddenly drop down to a 2 just because of that...

Well it's what happened to Dead Space 3. It would have been a 7-8/10 platinum to beat hardcore without seriously dying at all, but then the save backing up/infinite ammo/foam finger glitches were all found, and it became an 1-2/10.

I also have the same opinion about NGS2 (twirl made the 9-10/10 team missions 1/10), but many don't agree with me on that.

I haven't even tried the Raid yet (some of the Strikes have proved rather challenging!) and just don't see how you can expect 6 people to not make a single error and be killed. If there is some exploit, like quitting if you die and then re-joining, then I guess it might happen. Otherwise 10!

"Do not vote only using descriptions from the trophy list. Use your personal experiences."

Everybody sees a don't die trophy, watches a round if people dying during the raid, and then votes a 10 without even trying it. Lovely...

People here have tried it, including me. What do you rate it then?

People here have tried it, including me. What do you rate it then?

My apologies, I use "everyone" terribly sometimes. Several poster's attitudes showed a strong likelihood they had not tried it, and several others that were voting hadn't even gotten an exotic or full legendaries when I looked at their lists.

I am only level 26, and will hold off my vote until I have put the accurate amount of time into the game, and my personal opinion for this game is that until you have tried it with all players at level 30 then you are not ready to vote.

Which begs the question, have you reached max level and then tried it? I watched a group speed run this in 47 minutes. They were not going for the don't die trophy, but the way they had it down to a science convinces me that this is something that can be mastered, and it didn't take them that long to master it.

I'm just as irritated by that 1 vote that is surely meant to counteract all of the 10s. Until they come up with a way to change your vote, I think its a bit hasty to be voting 10s.

I haven't tried the Raid yet but have done lots of Strikes and never been close to having nobody die. I did manage the mission to not have MY character die, but only by playing with friends who did all the work and soaked up the bulk of the damage (they both died several times). I've also seen how tough just the three Minotaur's outside the Vault can be so feel I have enough of an opinion to vote. This is just an Opinion Poll, after all.

I haven't tried the Raid yet but have done lots of Strikes and never been close to having nobody die. I did manage the mission to not have MY character die, but only by playing with friends who did all the work and soaked up the bulk of the damage (they both died several times). I've also seen how tough just the three Minotaur's outside the Vault can be so feel I have enough of an opinion to vote. This is just an Opinion Poll, after all.

You were one of the players I spoke of. You have no exotics, and you don't have full legendary. Of course you can't beat the raid. As for beating a strike without dying, it's one if the easier trophies in the game, so you'll forgive me for questioning the amount of effort you've put into the game. Time consuming is not the same as difficult, and right now, this game has only been time consuming in your case.

As stated, based on the rules set forth in the original post, I don't feel you have enough of an opinion to vote. The rules clearly state that, and if everyone throws the rules to the wind then the primary purpose of these polls (which is to show everyone the difficult and easy platinum) won't be reached.

I don't see this being any less than a 7. That said, I don't think it equals the difficulty of trials fusions either. You can grind your way to victory for all but one trophy, and as of now it's not known whether grinding will make that easier yet.

In all honesty , after doing this Raid a few times I do think it's very possible to do it without dying. Just gonna take 6 dedicated players getting the strategy down for each section. This trophy will be gotten soon.

Thank you for putting effort into trying to obtain the trophy before casting your final decision.