Destiny Questions Thread

Wax743

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question I have at the moment is, where are the Playstation Exclusive dropships that were advertised by Sony/Bungie? I know that the Strike is (supposedly) where you get the weapons and gear, but is that for the ships as well?

I'm wondering, why the crucible marks and vanguard marks are always at 0 even if i did some bounties. And what are they for. I'm guessing that crucible marks will give maybe a better shield of something.

Keep in mind that the Day One patch doesn't allow you to accumulate Marks until Level 18. Not sure if they accumulate in the background before that and you get access to them later, or if they don't start to accumulate until you hit level 18. Crucible marks are needed to purchase weapons and gear from the various PVP vendors, and the Vanguard marks are for the PVE vendors.

Edited by swotam
Clarified Level 18 Requirement for Marks

I was wondering where I collect these codes in a previous thread. I've already input the codes and got my cards on the bungie site. Is there an in game spot to collect these or how does it work?

Once you enter the codes you need to go to the Codes tab in your Bungie profile and redeem them against your PSN account (which should be linked to your Bungie account).

Assuming you did that, the Grimoire cards should be added automatically when you start the game for the first time, the emblems and shaders can be found at the Post Office and/or the Special Orders office. I got all mine from the Postmaster.

Just as an aside, you can only have a maximum of 9 emblems, and apparently you can find some in chests and randomly from drops, so if you have some in your inventory that you don't like you should get rid of them or bank them if you can. If all 9 emblem slots are full and you find another one, you won't be able to pick it up.

Also, you can't use the Shaders until Level 20.

Edited by swotam

Not sure if they accumulate in the background before that and you get access to them later, or if they don't start to accumulate until you hit level 18. Crucible marks are needed to purchase weapons and gear from the various PVP vendors, and the Vanguard marks are for the PVE vendors.

They do not accumulate, they start when you hit level 18.

I've changed my fireteam option to public, but STILL have not completed a single mission with another group. I looked everywhere, but is it not possible to join another group already in progress? I guess I need to post in the co-op thread next...

The thing is, the game doesn't just put you randomly in existing fire teams, you still have to manually join one or be invited to join. This is what bugs me the most right now, for an MMO shooter I'm too much on my own right now.

For the inquiries about the maxing out the vanguard and crucible marks weekly limit. At 16 you gain access to a special strike playlist that awards vanguard marks(unknown the exact amount at this time). At 18 you start to earn crucible marks(3 for wins 2 for losses) so roughly 30-50 games depending on skill and team coordination).

I've found two rare coins. They're blue inventory items and not marked as materials. Anyone knows what those are used for?

On the same note, what can you use the actual materials for?

Also, are yall encountering any public events? In the beta i came across like 4 in half the time i played now and i've only seen one so far!

On the same note, what can you use the actual materials for?

Also, are yall encountering any public events? In the beta i came across like 4 in half the time i played now and i've only seen one so far!

Materials are used for upgrading your weapons. The higher your weapon level the more materials you gonna need so grab everything you see whilst adventuring and also dismantle green and blue weapons and armor.

I'm 30 hours in so far, almost at Lv20 and I haven't seen a single public event!

There's something wrong that needs to be patched.

What is highest tier in 10 public matches?

Is it PvP only?

Can it be achieved by playing missions with an open lobby?

Public matches are 3. Tiers ... Bronze , silver and gold.

You get gold for completing it on time.

You will get them when your patrolling planets and I have gotten 1 while doing a story mission on cosmodrome.

They are pretty rare to see, I think I have seen 3 maybe 4 the entire time I've played.

Everyone in the shard can participate so if your solo and your near it it will let you know there's a optional public mission, simply go to the area to get credit for participating. Some are not easy though, gotta fight big robots and if there's not enough players around its hard to kill it in time so it's recommended to be in a fire squad of friends.

Not sure if they accumulate in the background before that and you get access to them later, or if they don't start to accumulate until you hit level 18.

They do not accumulate, they start when you hit level 18.

This sucks a little. Only because I've submitted some bounties after completion already.

At least I got some experience. :rolleyes: