Destiny Bitching Thread

Lukezordz

The Destiny Bitching Thread

We all knew it was coming, so here it is.

Vent off any anger, confusion, or gripes you have with the game, big or small, it makes no matter here!

Don't worry, we won't judge you. :whistle:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the Gravity on the moon!?

Why can I jump the exact same height on the moon than I can on earth.

God damn it Bungie.

(It's been pointed out many times that there actually is gravity on the moon. Yes. I am aware of this.)

Edited by Lukezordz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really loving the game but my main complaint is in the PvP, because there is a strong delay when you kill someone, for example I killed another player with the fist, he killed me first with a shotgun but the second later he died for my fist.

This was a big problem for me in the Beta, honestly, I don't really notice it in the full game. It's there. For sure. But 90% of the time for me, I don't notice the delay. The other 10% of the time is when I use a shotgun.

I tend to "killtrade" with enemies when using Melee too, but I don't think that's a delay problem, or even a problem at all for that matter.

Why is there Gravity on the moon!?

God damn it Bungie.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I got there! XD

Also multiplayer - similar to Halo, you can fire a whole clip at an enemy and all they need to do it soak it up and punch you in the face for an instant kill :|

I was thinking the exact same thing when I got there! XD

Also multiplayer - similar to Halo, you can fire a whole clip at an enemy and all they need to do it soak it up and punch you in the face for an instant kill :|

Use a shotgun. :whistle:

I can't do anything in MP unless I'm using a shotgun or punching people in the face :rofl:

I kinda wish I hadn't played the Alpha/Beta. All the mystery and sense of discovery is gone. I got to level 6 last night and all I could think is how much further my Beta character is/was. I still feel like I'm catching up.

My real complaint is that it seems like you can't skip scenes (correct me if I'm wrong). I accidentally repeated a mission that is followed by a long cut scene (which I had just watched less than an hour ago) and I couldn't skip it.

Online-only related gripes, which should be expected:

• Can't pause the game. Obviously, but still annoying.
  • Twice yesterday I was 'kicked' back in to orbit (as weird as that sounds) whilst playing a mission, also getting kicked from the Fireteam. Luckily I was able to just land back on the site, join up with my Fireteam and continue where I left off (something you can't do when kicked in the online of other games). Still annoying though.

That's it for now. Enjoyed what I played so far.

I kinda wish I hadn't played the Alpha/Beta. All the mystery and sense of discovery is gone. I got to level 6 last night and all I could think is how much further my Beta character is/was. I still feel like I'm catching up.

My real complaint is that it seems like you can't skip scenes (correct me if I'm wrong). I accidentally repeated a mission that is followed by a long cut scene (which I had just watched less than an hour ago) and I couldn't skip it.

I noticed this as well, but you can use the time to check inventory and upgrade stuff - which make it not so bad.

God damn it Bungie.

Haha I love how this is your biggest complaint from the start. I mean, other planets have been terraformed, a giant sphere has taught people magic, you can glide and double jump, and you even get revived by Dinklebot at the beginning... but no, the gravity is where the line is drawn :p

Maybe they put some sort of semi-magical machine on the moon that creates a gravitational field around it. I mean, in sci fi movies they have gravity created in space ships and no bats an eye. If these guys can turn Venus into a hospitable environment I'm sure they can create gravity fields.

Or ya know... suspension of disbelief :p

Haha I love how this is your biggest complaint from the start. I mean, other planets have been terraformed, a giant sphere has taught people magic, you can glide and double jump, and you even get revived by Dinklebot at the beginning... but no, the gravity is where the line is drawn :p

Maybe they put some sort of semi-magical machine on the moon that creates a gravitational field around it. I mean, in sci fi movies they have gravity created in space ships and no bats an eye. If these guys can turn Venus into a hospitable environment I'm sure they can create gravity fields.

Or ya know... suspension of disbelief :p

It's not a real complaint, more of a minor "annoyance" :rofl:

I've noticed a few things, but I thought I'd leave the less obvious one's out. Genuine "complaints" I guess would be that you can't reload while sprinting, or lower turn speed while sprinting, but I've already gotten used to that :)

Biggest gripes :

* Unskippable cutscenes

* Nearly no enemy variety (different colours does not count)

* Maximum 100 Crucible marks each week (a weapon costs 150)

* Same with Vanguard marks

* The missions are so linear and repetitive that it gets old after just an hour

Other than that, it's a decent game, just not what I would expect it to be. I guess they really did not want to call it a "MMORPG".

The Destiny Bitching Thread

We all knew it was coming, so here it is.

Vent off any anger, confusion, or gripes you have with the game, big or small, it makes no matter here!

Don't worry, we won't judge you. :whistle:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God damn it Bungie.

Umm, because there IS Gravity on the moon. Just not as much as on Earth. I know it's just an example, but it needed to be clarified.

Use a shotgun. :whistle:

I can't do anything in MP unless I'm using a shotgun or punching people in the face :rofl:

haha shotguns! How to stop a kill streak with an abrubt end :devil:

I'm not all happy with the class balancing. I started with hunter and don't really see my strong points very much use in PvP. Never enough open range to snipe, everyone zigzags or moves otherwise erratically and just a bit of lag on top of that makes accurate sniping impossible.

You can be sneaky in Control being a sniper. Players need to stop moving to capture the control points ;)

Why are there male and female androids?

Otherwise all the robots would be gay.

Umm, because there IS Gravity on the moon. Just not as much as on Earth. I know it's just an example, but it needed to be clarified.

He was talking about the same amount of gravity on the moon as earth :p

It would have been cool to have the moon missions where the gravity was 1/6th :D