Current Destiny preorder totals.

kfree7

At least we know that there will be plenty of players online anyway

Or offline waiting for the servers to stop crashing :)

oh MMO launches, how I love thee. Should be even more fun since consoles tend to have trouble launching games in general. Very impressive numbers though, no doubt.

Or offline waiting for the servers to stop crashing :)

oh MMO launches, how I love thee. Should be even more fun since consoles tend to have trouble launching games in general. Very impressive numbers though, no doubt.

MMOs never have proper stress test BETAs like Destiny had. When they opened up to every platform and everybody, the servers were still going fine. Hopefully it was enough of a test to avoid those day one launch troubles.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything I've seen on destiny looks great and people seem to be crazy for it, I want to try it but have never played a mmo except for one about 10 years ago on PC. I think if I give it a try I would probably like it though, may as well quit worrying about it and try this out, looks like as good a place as any to start.

I think I remember reading an article the other day from a random vg website, might've been IGN, but it said that Destiny is the number one preordered game of all time right now. It only said the top preordered game in relation to number of games preordered, not the amount of sales for those preorders, so I think GTAV is still ahead of that one. If Bungie is smart and has a heart, then maybe they can put out more Limited Editions for people to preorder because I was too stupid not to do so when I had the chance.

What's even more impressive is that the vgchartz info is purely just USA pre-orders, we don't have any info for the rest of the world, but when you estimate the numbers for Europe, Asia and Oceania you can already tell this game is going to be bloody HUGE.

I think I remember reading an article the other day from a random vg website, might've been IGN, but it said that Destiny is the number one preordered game of all time right now. It only said the top preordered game in relation to number of games preordered, not the amount of sales for those preorders, so I think GTAV is still ahead of that one. If Bungie is smart and has a heart, then maybe they can put out more Limited Editions for people to preorder because I was too stupid not to do so when I had the chance.

It was most pre-ordered new IP.

That's the one thing that scares me, I hope the servers will be able to handle it. Us PS4 users may have an hour tops before the Xbox one people start finally getting it (yea different servers but together they could crash both systems in a way, cause if one needs maintenance, they'll most likely shut down the other, or h/o it works "to be fair")

That's the one thing that scares me, I hope the servers will be able to handle it. Us PS4 users may have an hour tops before the Xbox one people start finally getting it (yea different servers but together they could crash both systems in a way, cause if one needs maintenance, they'll most likely shut down the other, or h/o it works "to be fair")

I can assure you that they won't take out the other versions if one of them goes down. Bungie aren't stupid