Desperate Escape - Road Map & Trophy Guide

http://i.imgur.com/3KH2COH.jpg

Much thanks to Whiteclone for the awesome header!!!

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 6/10

-Offline: 5 (1(S), 4(B))

-Online: None

-Approximate time to Platinum: 3-6 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs: In theory, just 1 if you can join someone’s Professional difficulty session.

-Number of missable trophies: 2 ("Way of the Warrior" & "Shoot the Messenger" – see below)

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies: To my knowledge, there aren’t any cheats.

-Does difficulty affect trophies: Yes, you must complete the game on the Professional difficulty.

Roadmap

Introduction

Although most likely impossible, you could obtain all trophies in one playthrough by joining someone's Professional difficulty while online. Personally I was able to enjoy the game and get the five trophies in four playthroughs.

First Amateur Playthrough

Simply enjoy the game and don't worry about trophies.

You'll unlock "Getaway".

Second Amateur Playthrough

Request Josh's weapon at the beginning and kill all zombies on your own. Also be sure to spawn the three Agitator Majini. You'll unlock "The Great Escape", "Way of the Warrior" and "Shoot the Messenger".

Veteran Playthrough

Complete this difficulty level in order to unlock Professional.

Professional Playthrough

You'll unlock "Run the Gauntlet".

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/81/66.jpgGetaway (B)

Complete 'Desperate Escape' on any difficulty setting.

Simply beat the game. Obviously this is a whole lot easier on Amateur.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/81/67.jpg The Great Escape (B)

Complete 'Desperate Escape' with an S rank.

Do this on Amateur. The ultimate goal is to obtain at least an aggregate score of 80,000. You’ll most likely get this trophy while trying to unlock “Way of the Warrior” since the 150+ kills will aid you tremendously. Other than that, fire accurately, collect all treasures whenever possible, and obviously avoid damage/death.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/81/69.jpg Way of the Warrior (B)

Defeat 150 enemies singlehandedly in one playthrough of 'Desperate Escape.'

Do this on Amateur. At the onset of the game, request Josh's weapon and make sure you are the one which inflicts all damage on the Majini. If Josh helps out in any way (via melee or knife) then that particular zombie will not count towards the goal. You can guarantee defeating the 150 if done in conjunction with “Shoot the Messenger” (see below) since that trophy requires you to hang around certain areas and continually kill enemies until the Agitator Majini shows up.

As a reference, the trophy popped for me in the area right before the final rooftop battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/81/68.jpg Run the Gauntlet (S)

Complete 'Desperate Escape' on Professional.

Without a doubt, the most challenging of the 5 trophies. While online you could join someone’s Professional game, but if that option isn’t available you must first beat the game on Veteran in order to unlock this difficulty.

I’ve read posts saying that completing the game on Professional with an AI partner is impossible, but trust me – it’s not. I was able to do it in about ninety minutes and despite a few trouble areas, it is actually a pretty fun playthrough. Luckily AI Josh is not an absolute moron like AI Sheva, so that’s a big help.

Below you will find specific tips for each area, but first here are some general rules:

•  
  • Avoid unnecessary battles and run whenever you can
  • Whenever you hit a checkpoint, restart your game right away. This is a must since doing so will get rid of any enemies which were on your tail
  • In the very first section, you must absolutely obtain the shotgun. If it isn’t there, restart your game
  • Somewhere along the game make sure to pick up a magnum. If you don’t, the final battle will get very nasty

Now here are my quick tips for each section.

Note that I was playing as Jill along with AI Josh.

[spoiler=123]Initial Area

Make your way to the safe in the upstairs control room on the right. If the key is not in the safe, restart. If it is, avoid all enemies and quickly open the gate and keep running until you reach the checkpoint. Restart your game, then head back to the initial area to collect available weapons and ammo.

Checkpoint # 1

Nothing complicated here. Kill all enemies and open the door for Josh.

Checkpoint # 2

Now it gets a bit troublesome. Head to the middle of the area (by the bottom of the ramp) and have enemies follow you to the entrance area. Once no one else attacks, have Josh throw you up the ladder found on the right side of the map. Pick up the grenades quickly and rejoin your partner until the big machine gun guy appears. Use whatever is at your disposal, but preferably the grenades, gas canisters and shotgun. Might take a few tries, but once he’s down grab the dropped key right away and make for the exit.

Checkpoint # 3 – Turret Area

Start by taking out the three zombies who will head to the turret on the left. If you have a sniper rifle, great, but if not it’s doable with the machine gun or pistol. Make your way to the gap and have Josh toss you across. Watch out for the turret to the left of the door which you must open. Do your best to avoid its fire and wait for Josh. Head to the turret and blast the red door. If there are tons of enemies on your back, restart.

Checkpoint # 4 – Turret Area

Don’t stop, just sprint to the newly opened red door and go straight to the other door just past it. Open it with Josh and if things are hairy, restart.

Checkpoint # 5 – Turret Area

Explode the gas canisters and wait for the fire to burn out. Run past all the baddies and head up the stairs on the right to reach the turret. Quickly use it to blow up the red door in the distance. Restart your game.

Checkpoint # 6 – Turret Area

Sprint over to the demolished red door and head for the turret. Again, use it to blow up another red door found to the left. Pray that the safe next to this turret holds a magnum! Now sprint to said red door and restart your game.

Checkpoint # 7 – Turret Area

Take out as many of the zombies shooting flaming arrows at you. Eventually the game will throw a boss at you. If it’s that insect, you know how to take him out easily. If you are so fortunate to get the executioner, exit this area and head to the turret on the right. Luckily he won’t follow you all the way, but he will stay in your turret sight! Don’t forget to go to that shack in between the turrets for a bunch of ammo. Now go back to the checkpoint start and equip your shotgun for the rest of this area – it will make your life a lot easier. Climb up the stairs and take out that buddha Majini in the green tent. Stock up on ammo and grab that health can! Have Josh throw you up to the next level and simply sprint to the door which you must open for him. Head up the ramp and make sure that Josh is always right next to you as you head for the exit. Don’t go straight for the exit and wait for Josh – I guarantee you that while you wait on him a gang of zombies will kill you.

Checkpoint # 8 – Rooftop

Finally! Break all the crates which you see and stock up. Don’t forget those grenades either. If you’re lucky, you should have about 60 shotgun shells as well as the magnum. After the cut scene, head straight and go up the ladder. This is where you’ll spend the majority of this battle. Take out your shotgun and blast away. Easily defeat the big machine gun guy with 6 blasts from your magnum. Depending on which spawns for you, use your grenades on either the chainsaw guy or the insect. After the timer bumps back up to 2 ½ minutes, keep blasting with your shotgun until either the chainsaw guy or insect re-emerge. Now simply run for the rest of the battle. Head down the ladder and run behind the building all the way in the back and then return to the original area via the ladder on the opposite side. Rinse and repeat. Obviously be vigilant, but this should keep you out of harm’s way until the end!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/81/70.jpg Shoot the Messenger (B)

Defeat 3 Agitator Majini in one playthrough of 'Desperate Escape.'

The Agitator Majinis' are the guys dressed in black and white with the megaphones. If done correctly, there will always be a cutscene to announce their arrival. There are only three found in the game, so if you miss one you’ll have to start all over again. Check out the video below which nicely lays out the locations and requirements to make each one appear. Note that the video describes a glitch where the trophy is obtained after only killing two of the Agitators. Unfortunately I was not so lucky and had to deal with all three for the trophy to pop.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPghJW3_TE&feature=player_embedded]Achievement Hunter: Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape - Shoot the Messenger Guide [/ame]

***Much thanks to the fellas at RoosterTeeth for creating this excellent video!***

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty good, but I think that "Shoot the Messenger" shoud go under glitched trophies. Although you can unlock it, there have been reports of people getting it after only killing two agitator majini's. As well as that, some people can't get the first guy to show up even after killing all of the enemies in the first area.

This is pretty good, but I think that "Shoot the Messenger" shoud go under glitched trophies. Although you can unlock it, there have been reports of people getting it after only killing two agitator majini's. As well as that, some people can't get the first guy to show up even after killing all of the enemies in the first area.

thats why i maked my guide shoot the messenger. i had many problems to spawn the first agitator. but once i known how to spawn the first aginator i wanted to share it to the forum.

I sort of had the same problem, but it was infuriatingly annoying, as we'd followed the guide, but even after killing everyone he wasn't there. But we could still hear him! He could be heard near the fence on the left hand side, but we couldn't see him. Eventually we found him on the OTHER side of the fence! So we couldn't knife him, and when my partner shot him, he didn't die. (I would have tried shooting him, but only my partner could see him!)

On the bright side, this happened right near the beginning, so we just retried and the next time, he appeared properly. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I was trying to beat Professional offline I got a weird glitch. After almost 3 hours of frustration in the rooftop scene, I was at the top of the house near the heliport, I killed the masochist guy with hammer and lots of other enemys, but not killed the RPG guy at the top of the tower. No other enemys respawn after that, all that I needed to do was wait for the clock. Actually that was a bit frustrating get the trophy like that, but I really wanted to see if that glitch works. If anyone try it, please return here, because I yet don't know if it was just luck.

• 1 month later...

I love playing Desperate Escape in professional, as it goes back to become a horror shooter game once again, with limited ammo. And you don't necessary want to stay and kill all enemies, as sometimes they are just too much to handle! Great DLC.

Do not touch the door (wich you need the key for) ibn the first area.

Stay in the area and kill every single enemy there.

When no more manji appear, open the door and perfom the assist jump.

Now a cut scene should be triggered, jump back down and kill the agitator.

thanks Captain Obvious. Thats exactly what the video says....

thanks Captain Obvious. Thats exactly what the video says....

No problem Captain Smart Ass...

But obviously

I can't make the first Aginator to appear?!

Has either not seen the video or didnt understand it.

But its good to see that you prefer to insult someone over helping someone.

---

Edit: @Kundvagnen

Look at this:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/resident-evil-5/40633-shoot-messenger-guide.html

thread from luckyegg.

He has some detailed information in there and a video, should give you all you need.

Edited by nimrod

No problem Captain Smart Ass...

But obviously

Has either not seen the video or didnt understand it.

But its good to see that you prefer to insult someone over helping someone.

---

Edit: @Kundvagnen

Look at this:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/resident-evil-5/40633-shoot-messenger-guide.html

thread from luckyegg.

He has some detailed information in there and a video, should give you all you need.

yeah, i saw his question and didnt respond. thats because all the info i could offer was already in the video guide, and since that obvioulsy wasnt helping him out, i thought it best not to vomit up the same tips all over again. simple common sense dude....

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about getting this DLC as soon as I complete Professional in the retail game (which isn't too far away, finally).

Quick question though: Would money gotten in this DLC be able to be used to upgrade weapons for the 'Take it to the Max' trophy?

Reason I ask is because that is the only trophy in addition to 'Complete All Chapters on Professional' I'm missing for my Plat. And it would be great to be able to get DLC trophies while I upgrade my weapons instead of farming or egg trading. ;)

Edited by Takk_For_Maten

Thinking about getting this DLC as soon as I complete Professional in the retail game (which isn't too far away, finally).

Quick question though: Would money gotten in this DLC be able to be used to upgrade weapons for the 'Take it to the Max' trophy?

Reason I ask is because that is the only trophy in addition to 'Complete All Chapters on Professional' I'm missing for my Plat. And it would be great to be able to get DLC trophies while I upgrade my weapons instead of farming or egg trading. ;)

thats a good question. i can only speculate since i dont have the game anymore, but i think that the answer is no. both DLCs are completely separate from the main game and I doubt that anything can be saved over. if anyone thinks im incorrect, let us know since i'd hate to be ggiving out wrong info.