Desperate Escape Trophy Guide

Deadaim357

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/getaway.jpgGetaway (B)

Complete "Desperate Escape" on any difficulty

Obviously straight forward. Finish Desperate Escape.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/greatescape.jpgThe Great Escape (B)

Complete "Desperate Escape" with an S rank.

The usual RE5 ranking system returns. You need to focus scoring as high as you can in these 5 fields. Accuracy, Damage, Time, Score, Enemies killed. Playing on amateur should net you the trophy no problem. Just make sure to pick up the score stars when you see them.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/guantlet.jpgRun the Gauntlet (S)

Complete "Desperate Escape" on Professional

Professional mode is a lot harder here than on Lost In Nightmares. Co-Op is RECOMMENDED. If you don't work together with your partner YOU WILL DIE.

It's generally straightforward until the end. Just take your time, conserve ammo and utilize the sniper rifle for turrets.

Rooftop stand tip:

The easiest way I found to stay alive during the final stand is to actually run. Run like a scared little girl. Stopping only to shoot what's directly in your way. A great meet up spot on the roof is..

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/CIMG0467.jpg

With each person covering each entrance it's an ideal spot. It allows funneling of enemies and quick access to each other to swap healing items, ammo and time for reloading. After a quick meet up continue to run around.

If anyone else has other tips post them.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/warrior.jpgWay of the Warrior (B)

Defeat 150 enemies singlehandedly in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

The easiest way of getting this is playing through amateur and killing everything that moves. I recommend doing this and The Great Escape at the same time.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/Deadaim357/messenger.jpgShoot the Messenger (B)

Defeat 3 Agitator Majini in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

A very vague trophy but luckyegg has a pretty nice guide on it. If you're still unsure on how to spawn one Achievement Hunter have a video.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/resident-evil-5/40633-shoot-messenger-guide.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPghJW3_TE]YouTube - Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape - Shoot the Messenger Guide[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied Guide.

Nice guide dude but I was thinking maybe you should include weapon locations and other secret locations to find things like First Aid spray for I think it's 3 First Aid spray is just after the 3 Chainsaw Majini and your our where there are those guys are with the rocket launchers attached to the buildings anyway when you first show up there go to your left and there will be a place to jump jump that you will find a safe with around 3 cans of First Aid spray

Desperate escape strategy as well for the part with the two turrets, and a bridge in between the two. What me and Deadaim did;

• Kill the Reaper.
  • Leave the molotov majini (fat one), as he consistenly kills all the other idiots.
  • Jump down left, do an assist jump to the building, up another flight of stairs and get the rocket launcher/first aid spray.
  • Josh waits in the area where the assist jump was, and holds his ground.
  • Jill jumps down, turns around and goes into the building. Open the door before grabbing any items.
  • Josh comes in, clears the path with Jill swiftly, and runs outside. (leave the items for after the next checkpoint, as you can backtrack.)
  • Jill goes to the left, Josh goes to the right. Josh mans the turret and shoots open the door where Jill has to go (across the bridge)
  • Jill mans that turret, and shoots the door that leads to the next section. Josh should already be on his way there.
  • There should be a Reaper, and about 300000 majini after you now. Run through the open door with the checkpoint, avoiding all contact/firefights.
  • Once the checkpoint is reached, pause the game and restart from last checkpoint. This will auto-kill/remove all enemies that were chasing you from the earlier section.
  • Return and loot the map.
  • Use one person to lure the enemies from the next section towards the bridge section, where the second player kills them with the turrets.

We also saved all weapons for the rooftop scene. Use the rocket launcher on the executioners or any other large enemy that spawns out of the elevator. We held our ground in the spot that Deadaim took a photo of, and switched between that spot, and the rooftop diagonal across the map from it.

Ladder duty is important, as you can stand on top of a ladder and use your knife to stab anyone who tries to climb up. This takes a while, but kills a bunch of time on the rooftop (which is perfect), and keeps the pace slow, apart from it saving you tons of ammo. Just make sure you watch your back when the elevator enemy spawns, or when the AK guys jump down (though they die in 2 shots). The AI is dumb enough to gather in front of the ladder, and take turns trying to climb up. You can burn a lot of minutes this way.

In the end, we just kept running from one raised building to the next, buying as much time as we could. We made sure we killed the larger enemies (slowly and systematically), and kept a move on using elevated terrain to funnel the crowds.

Edited by Aidan

ive got a question.

this dlc started out with standard majini for the entire game. then there were a few armored ones at the part with the turrets.

now its armored majini from the start.

what the hell?

edit: to be more clear, when i start an amateur game there are people with machine guns as apposed to flame arrows. why?

Edited by Vikaris

ive got a question.

this dlc started out with standard majini for the entire game. then there were a few armored ones at the part with the turrets.

now its armored majini from the start.

what the hell?

edit: to be more clear, when i start an amateur game there are people with machine guns as apposed to flame arrows. why?

That's Capcom for you lol. On normal and veteran you have your standard Majini. Which honestly in my opinion makes for a better experience. On amateur and professional you have the armored Majini and other enemies that appear later in the game. I would think this is so there aren't as many enemies rushing at you at once. Allowing you to take it slow and have an easier time.

i've routed 290 enemies on a single playthrough on normal and died a few times. does that count towards me NOT getting the 'Way of the Warrior' Trophy? is it glitched somehow?

oh and i took the gun away from Josh.

has this happened to anybody else? that they didn't get the trophy?

Edited by wookiie

i've routed 290 enemies on a single playthrough on normal and died a few times. does that count towards me NOT getting the 'Way of the Warrior' Trophy? is it glitched somehow?

oh and i took the gun away from Josh.

has this happened to anybody else? that they didn't get the trophy?

As far as I know any kills you get that result in a death don't count. You need to make it from checkpoint to checkpoint without dying for the kills to count.

That's Capcom for you lol. On normal and veteran you have your standard Majini. Which honestly in my opinion makes for a better experience. On amateur and professional you have the armored Majini and other enemies that appear later in the game. I would think this is so there aren't as many enemies rushing at you at once. Allowing you to take it slow and have an easier time.

idk, something is not right about that.

i specifically recall playing on amateur and having standard.

i also remember playing veteran and having armored.

i swear to god its like something happened to where they switched somehow.

i actually stopped playing because i cant beat veteran with the armored guys. had they been standard it would be no problem.

idk, something is not right about that.

i specifically recall playing on amateur and having standard.

i also remember playing veteran and having armored.

i swear to god its like something happened to where they switched somehow.

i actually stopped playing because i cant beat veteran with the armored guys. had they been standard it would be no problem.

I played on Amateur and had the Town Majini.

Played Veteran and had the Base Majini.

Played Professional two times, 1 time its had the Town Majini and the 2nd had the Base Majinins...

I think its random on any difficulty.

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to invite me to a professional game on both dlc? I had recently lost my game saves and I have no desire to do a playthrough on veteran again. If someone would be able to assist me that would be dandy. I also wouldnt mind actually trying to help someone beat professional as well. thanks

psn- rockordie56