Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't know what you're talking about!!! :francis:

Although because I don't follow anime anymore, I don't know most of the recent characters from Dengeki Bunko :pout:

No love for Kawaii Kirite? :pout:

And I really like what we've seen of the roster in this game!! :D And omg, any chance to play as my favourite anime waifu Misaka-chan is a must ~ :D

I can't wait to see the rest of the selection.

My gut feeling tells me they will include Horizon from Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon (or any other characters there). Considering the characters we've seen so far are from the top 10 (or used to be in top 10 like SnS) in このライトノベルがすごい! and Horizon was 10th place this year.

Perhaps Kino, Taiga, Horo and Alice (from Kamimemo-chou) will be there too?

Edited by Primasynthea

Heh, being able to play as Kirino and Shizuo (and thereby beat up Kirino using Shizuo to make up for that horrid Oreimo 2 ending) is quite interesting. They just need to add Taiga or some other character I know and this will be an instabuy. As it is, it's already on my radar.

Edited by Walt the Dog

• 3 months later...

Great support characters and a great playable character from the Ro-Kyu-Bu! series!

Dengeki PlayStation revealed more characters in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, a fighting game with a bunch of light novel characters and at least one Sega star. Tomoka Minato from Ro-Kyu-Bu! (pictured) is playable and Hinata Hakamada joins the game as a support character. Koko Kaga from Golden Time, Kino from Kino’s Journey, Mashiro Shiina from The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and Erio Towa from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko are also support characters. Really, Kino should have been playable. If Phoenix Wright can be a fighting game character surely Kino and her talking bike could work as a main character. Maybe being a markswoman made her too powerful.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Has Ro-Kyu-Bu, Kino's Journey, And Golden Time Characters In It - Siliconera

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0uoGeNm35o]『電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAXã€ã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ニングムービー - YouTube[/ame]

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax has light novel characters like Boogiepop from Boogiepop Phantom and Kirito from Sword Art Online. Akira from Virtua Fighter is a boss in the crossover fighting game and Dreamcast, yes the Sega hardware system, may be in the game too. The opening movie shows a Dreamcast console-tan between Holo from Spice & Wolf and Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!! Dreamcast was also in Samurai & Dragons, a free to play Vita game from Sega with a bunch of Sega characters and console tans. Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax comes out on March 18 for arcades. A release date for the console version has not been announced.
Sega Dreamcast Shows Up… As A Fighting Game Character?! - Siliconera

• 3 months later...
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax will be released this Fall in Japan for PlayStation 3 and Vita, Dengeki Online has revealed. The fighting game is developed by French Bread and is a crossover fighter featuring characters from a number of ACII Media Works’ publications. It includes characters from Durarara!!, Accel World, Shakugan no Shana and other anime franchises. Dengeki says the console version of the game will have more content than the arcade version did, but does not go into specifics.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Headed To PS3 And Vita - Siliconera

• 3 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CVZhDKiOfg][20140717] First look of Strike the Blood characters in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - YouTube[/ame]

A new video for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax shows Yukina Himeragi from Strike the Blood in a bout with Shana from Shakugan no Shana. Yukina has a decent amount of range even with her basic strikes while Kojou Akatsuki jumps in as a support character. These two characters along with the Black Bullet fighters are scheduled to come into the arcade game next week. Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is slated for release later this year on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Shows How The Strike The Blood Characters Battle - Siliconera

PS3 and Vita are region free and it's a fighting game where you don't need to be able to read anything while playing so...

Hopefully they add more characters for the ports, what they have so far isn't worth full retail.

Thanks for the info guys! But I am worried about this. Why is it not retail worthy? I have played the game with 12? fighters and about 5-8 support. Is that true?

I'm back from the dead to report this, 11/13/14 is the release date of the console version of Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX. I'm excited, shameless plugging but if you decide you want to watch matches of the game being played I upload every weeks tournament footage from Leisureland Akihabara which has arguably the best players for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tsuntenshi

[ame]

[/ame]