Ostrava frustration.

thereefernander

I've ran through the first level a bunch of times now after going back reading I needed to save this "Ostrava" person. I went where he is in 1-1 (which by the way I didn't go to before and I've got like 8 demon souls from various levels) Grabbed the theives ring and killed all the guys not thinking much. Through the entire first chapter I never once heard anyone cry for help. I am currently at the false king boss battle in chapter one and have seen no trace of Ostrava. Did he die? Can I still find his body and get the key to that door? As far as I know I need that key so I can get that Demonbrandt weapon. Is there any other reason I need to find Ostrava or have him alive? Where can I find him if I haven't seen a trace of him and I'm almost done with 1-4?

I've ran through the first level a bunch of times now after going back reading I needed to save this "Ostrava" person. I went where he is in 1-1 (which by the way I didn't go to before and I've got like 8 demon souls from various levels) Grabbed the theives ring and killed all the guys not thinking much. Through the entire first chapter I never once heard anyone cry for help. I am currently at the false king boss battle in chapter one and have seen no trace of Ostrava. Did he die? Can I still find his body and get the key to that door? As far as I know I need that key so I can get that Demonbrandt weapon. Is there any other reason I need to find Ostrava or have him alive? Where can I find him if I haven't seen a trace of him and I'm almost done with 1-4?

I doubt it, but you might be lucky, in which case the last place you will see him is right after you run under where the dragon is right before the false king, in the first staircase there on the right side. Spoilers ahead: He will suicide and you will get the key, after that he will spawn as a Black Phantom right before the boss location and when you kill him you just get some of his equipment! o.O

But don't worry, you always got another playthrough, and you can kill him the first time you meet him, and get the key and just go visit the Old King Doran, who also happens to be in 1-1. ;) Though I've never had any problems keeping him alive, and he will give you a pure stone at some point, so if you need that pure stone, you should keep him alive till then, else you have to farm it from Lizards! :)

Edited by MMDE

1) how did you get Thieve's Ring without noticing Ostrava standing right there? he's dressed in Gold armor and impossibly to miss if you went and got Thieve's Ring.

2) Ostrava is also impossible to miss in 1-4, just before meeting the False King. no matter if you've ever met him, or killed him previously etc... you have no choice but to encounter his BP form in 1-4

and as MMDE already said, the Mausoleum Key is a guaranteed item no matter what happens. the only bonus of helping Ostrava through his little quests is the Pure Clearstone - which is farmable from 2-3's Crystal Lizard.

1) how did you get Thieve's Ring without noticing Ostrava standing right there? he's dressed in Gold armor and impossibly to miss if you went and got Thieve's Ring.

2) Ostrava is also impossible to miss in 1-4, just before meeting the False King. no matter if you've ever met him, or killed him previously etc... you have no choice but to encounter his BP form, before facing the False King.

and as MMDE already said, the Mausoleum Key is a guaranteed item no matter what happens. the only bonus of helping Ostrava through his little quests is the Pure Clearstone - which is farmable from 2-3's Crystal Lizard.

I swear, I dropped down and got the ring and no one was there. I did it after about 20 hours of game progress though. I didn't see him at all in 1-4 around the Blue dragon area. When I finally killed that dragon I just ran straight through and under him and fired arrows. I never saw this Ostrava guy. Or any phantom of any sort I am really confused.

I swear, I dropped down and got the ring and no one was there. I did it after about 20 hours of game progress though. I didn't see him at all in 1-4 around the Blue dragon area. When I finally killed that dragon I just ran straight through and under him and fired arrows. I never saw this Ostrava guy. Or any phantom of any sort I am really confused.

if you've completed 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 etc.. without interacting with him, then went back into 1-1 for Thieve's Ring, then it's possible he could've left.

but I believe it's impossible to miss his BP form in 1-4. he should appear no matter what on that bridge before False King's elevator.

checkout the beginning of this video, it shows where his BP form can be found, it's a very unmissable location. if you really can't find him, just kill him for his key in NG+ and defeat Old King Doran there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LgJdSwhNkg]Demon's Souls Walkthrough World 1-4 [2/2] False King Allant - YouTube[/ame]

Ostrava is trapped in 1-1 near the Thief's Ring. It is possible you cleared out the group of enemies blocking his path by coming from the other side (past the Blue Eye Knight). If e is freed in 1-1, he will get stuck again in 1-2 and, should you free him there, he gets stuck in 1-3.

That could also be a reason why you did not meet him in 1-4: did you help him in 1-1 and in 1-2 and in 1-3?

what Tosti said :p

plus, Ostrava has a pre-defined patrol route in 1-2. if you speak to him once on that level, he'll start wandering back & forth that route until you finish 1-2, or he gets killed, whichever comes first. if you died in that level after talking to him, he'll start his walk as soon as you respawn in 1-2!

1-1 is safe, he won't get off his platform until you've cleared the enemies below him. 1-3, well, he just runs & hides in the corner. 1-2 is the only level where he may die without you knowing.

I stupidly killed ostrava in my first playthrough which meant my character tendency was down. So I had to killed the five Black Phantoms that get your character tendency up, and then four of them again in my second playthrough, before I was able to get the friends ring.UGH!

You would need to do stuff in NG+ anyways... especially the first level.

I used the Platinum in 10+ hours guide. I'm at nearly 30 hours now, but I really only need to get the key from ostrava in NG+. If I had done it this playthrough, I would be getting Platinum by the end of it. Alas, I will have to play a tad bit into NG+

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, but i'm rather confused about Ostrava. I had saved him in two different places, I think, and after that he stood at the Nexus.

Then, right before Old King Allant, I found his BP, who tried to evade me and fell from the bridge. It was hilarious, until I saw his loot below... does he drop anything important?

Also, he isn't at the Nexus anymore, and I never got any Mausolem Key. Can anyone please help? What should I do now?

Sorry guys, but i'm rather confused about Ostrava. I had saved him in two different places, I think, and after that he stood at the Nexus.

Then, right before Old King Allant, I found his BP, who tried to evade me and fell from the bridge. It was hilarious, until I saw his loot below... does he drop anything important?

Also, he isn't at the Nexus anymore, and I never got any Mausolem Key. Can anyone please help? What should I do now?

Read about him here:

Ostrava, of Boletaria (Prince Ariona Allant) - Demon's Souls English Wiki

You can meet and save him in each of the levels in world 1, except you can't save him in the last level. If he is still alive there, he will suicide in the staircase right inside after passing the dragon. He will then later re-appear as a Black Phantom right before the boss. He drops the sword and shield he got. Which is needed for one of the trophies.

Don't worry, you can do it all right in the next playthrough! :)

Read about him here:

Ostrava, of Boletaria (Prince Ariona Allant) - Demon's Souls English Wiki

You can meet and save him in each of the levels in world 1, except you can't save him in the last level. If he is still alive there, he will suicide in the staircase right inside after passing the dragon. He will then later re-appear as a Black Phantom right before the boss. He drops the sword and shield he got. Which is needed for one of the trophies.

Don't worry, you can do it all right in the next playthrough! :)

Oh man... alive or dead, that man insists in causing me trouble. He (or they) will pay dearly in my next playthrough then. Anyway, many thanks for clearing this out!