Self Duping Now Possible!!

Kahalachan

This works with all consumables and stones. This will not work on armor, weapons, or rings. Credit to Loscycos from the Asian server for this discovery.

What this means....

-This will make the platinum much easier when the servers close and you can't use a duping buddy.

-Since you can self dupe demon's souls, fewer playthroughs required for the platinum.

-Farming time is drastically reduced. Pure stones will still need to be found, but you can make 99 copies of them in 20 seconds. The time needed to farm all other stones will be greatly cut since they can be duped just as quickly.

-Souls can be duped, meaning quick leveling up. Take a legendary soul from 3-1, dupe 99 of them, level up, profit! Even better with a Beast Demon's Soul. Or if you wanna play it super safe, just level up with 99 soldier's soul (after duping) you can find in the Nexus immediately after you beat 1-1.

-No farming for sticky white stuff, black turpentine, new or dark moon grass, old spice, etc. All rare consumables can be easily duped.

-Much easier to manipulate world tendency by yourself since you can dupe stones of Ephemeral eyes.

Method:

1. Take all the items you want to dupe from Thomas. Make sure he has none of that item in his inventory. The glitch is caused by Thomas not having any of the items in his inventory.

2. Either hotkey a shard of archstone or have the Evacuate spell ready to go.

3. Talk to Boldwin, select an item to buy, have it on the screen that says how many of that item you want to buy.

4. Walk away. Boldwin will start to say "What's the hurry? Where you off to? Haven't you any manners?"

5. In the middle of Boldwin's dialogue, spam the button where you have shard of archstone or Evacuate hotkeyed.

6. When the option to return to the Nexus comes up, push start to remove that screen. Do not select yes or no. Simply push start to get rid of that screen.

7. Deposit the item to Thomas you want to dupe. Exit out of this screen as fast as you can so you don't actually evacuate to the Nexus. The items will still dupe but this saves you time and won't use up shards of archstones.

8. What happens now is that the animation for returning to the Nexus will start. When you go to Thomas to claim the item you deposited to him it will show over 100 of that item in his inventory. But we all know the max Thomas can hold is 99. Take your items back from Thomas and he'll show 99 still and you'll also get tons of copies of that item.

Tested and confirmed. I just got 99 pure faintstones in like 15 seconds.

Edited by Kahalachan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was already stoked to play this game again considering what is now known and we already know how that ancient running firestorm works, but more game breaking abilities like this... ;)

The thought of never running out of Ephemeral eyes per-playthrough means jumping online will never be an issue again. I like.

What are you serious how early in the game can you do this..... I'm pretty sure now i will actually try my hardest to platinum this game. I platinum 3D dot game heroes but that was more stragiht foward, Demons soul is complicated IMO. I has Noobish question do you know when the servers will close down, and you don't need them other than trading weapons right?>

Kahalachan, I'd link it and use it in my guide.

Now it's gonna be Platinum in under 20 hours Guide...

No problem. Glad to help.

This is extremely helpful for those of us who like to PvP cause making a new build takes time and we like to find shortcuts anyway we can.

And for trophy hunters this'll make the platinum much easier.

This might sound like a totally daft thing to say..

But how do I create a hotkey if I wanted to do it using the "Evacuate" spell

Have a talisman of god or talisman of beasts in any hand. Have that item equipped and ready to go. Push up on the directional pad to have Evacuate ready.

Spam whichever button you assigned ToG or ToB (L1, L2, R1, or R2) to cast Evacuate ASAP.

Have a talisman of god or talisman of beasts in any hand. Have that item equipped and ready to go. Push up on the directional pad to have Evacuate ready.

Spam whichever button you assigned ToG or ToB (L1, L2, R1, or R2) to cast Evacuate ASAP.

Ah right, I thought by hotkey you meant that there was some kind of way to program the game so if you pushed any button you would auto switch to your casting agent and the spell.

does this work for us and european version also?

Well I can confirm it works on the EU version

Just thought I'd add this as I wasn't sure if I were doing it right.

I have to utterly hammer the casting button and the spell will only cast after boldwin finishes his line, when it pops up "Return to Nexus" push start

(Note, if you were practicing this by simply casting evacuate in the nexus without speaking to boldwin, trying to push start to get rid of the message will NOT work).

So anyway after I speak with thomas about which item I want to transfere, the moment I then select which item I want to go, I see the item in my inventory go up by 1 and it then grays out (as if I have over 99 and try to give them to Thomas).

Then the spell auto casts and I'm transported to the nexus (from within the nexus).

When the game reloads and I appear by the statue in the nexus, I go back to thomas and sure enough the item has been dupped over 99 times in Thomas' inventory.

Just did it with Cresent moon grass and pure dark moonstones on the EU version. Also given how the game is the same code (more or less) universally, there should be no reason (unless it gets patched) why this would not work on any version of the game.

Edited by King_Ubu

Then the spell auto casts and I'm transported to the nexus (from within the nexus).

When the game reloads

Quickly exit out of the screen where you're depositing items to Thomas. He'll finish the dialog and you'll just do the casting animation and not actually evacuate to the Nexus.

This saves loads of time and you won't have to deal with the loading screen. If you're using shard of archstones, this will also prevent you from using up shards of archstones.

Well it's ok.

I can now cancel out the spell. You were right, just hammer the O button once you transfere the item, the spell will sorta deactivate and you'll be standing by thomas.

Edit: Have I mentioned how much I'm loving the fact I can consume demons souls to my hearts content yet?

Also... if you're reading this and you've not yet completed demons souls on your first game, I think it's important that you at least try to do it once before you start glitching, just for the experience of it if nothing else.

Edited by King_Ubu