Demon's Souls Equipment Paradise

Phorus

Demon's Souls

Ever wondered what the best weapons and equipment are? then look no further. Detailed in this thread will be everything from shields, armour, weapons and spells.

Weapons (In no particular order)

In the world of Boletaria you will come across an array of weapons varying from swords and spears to poles and axes. Demon's Souls provides you with all the tools you need to create your character and transform him/her to suit your playstyle.

Of all the weapons available whether it be long range weapons like bows and arrows or heavy swords which requires tremendous strength to lift. You will find a collection of the best weapons to suit your playstyle below:

1) Blessed Great Sword +5 (Great Sword location 1-3) Enchantable - No

An extremely large straight sword. It's as versatile as the straight sword but is too heavy to be wielded by one of ordinary strength. The wielder can use its weight to knock enemies back. Biorr of the Twin Fangs is known to wield this weapon.

Materials needed - 54 Splinters of Hardstone/18 Large Splinters of Hardstone/44 Splinters of Faintstone/18 Chunks of Faintstone/2 Pure Faintstone.

Stats needed - Strength (26) Weight (10.0) Durability (230)

Added Parameters infleunced by stats - E/E/-/A - (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (620) Faith (99) Strength (99) Dexterity (99) (Two hand wield)

This weapon is only suitable to players with high faith, good dexterity and descent strength. With maximum stats in all 3 areas this weapon has 620 base damage making it one of the most powerful weapons a mortal can wield.

The Blessed Great Sword +5 is heavy therefore your attacks will not be as quick as the majority of weapons in Demon's Souls. In hyper mode with maximum stats and the Friend or Foe's ring combined with the Clever rats ring and Morion blade your damage will be godly expect figures over the 4000 mark with backstabs.

If the weapon has a base damage close to 600 and you attack bosses like Flamelurker and the Old Hero once you hit him he will be temporarily stunned due to the immense power of your attacks only a few weapons in the game can do this.

Special note: A Blessed Great Axe +5 with the same stats will have the same base damage as the Blessed Great Sword variant.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/949/949604/demons-souls-20090130100058845_640w.jpg

2) Blueblood Sword (Broken Sword location 5-2 swamp area) Enchantable - Yes

The white iron straight sword born from the soul of the demon Maiden Astraea. The sword of true nobility endowed with the innate power humans are born with increases its power. A really precious person's sword.

Materials needed - Broken Sword (Item location 1-1) and Pureblood Demon's Soul (Boss 5-3)

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (18) Faith (18) Luck (18) Weight (5.0) Durability (400).

Added parameters infleunced by stats - D/-/E/E (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (490) Strength (99) Dexterity (99) Faith (99) Luck (99)

The Blueblood sword is a phenomanal weapon for melee users this is the only sword in the game which deals magic damage and can be buffed with Light weapon/Cursed weapon etc.. therefore dramatically improving the weapons power.

If you were to imbue the Blueblood Sword with turpentine your weapon will deal all 3 damage types fire, magical and physical making you a killing machine. I have used this weapon and the damage is quite high but the power is influenced by your stats.

http://demonssouls.wdfiles.com/local--files/swords/blueblood-sword-on-hand-large.jpg

3) Crescent Uchigatana +5 (Uchigatana location 4-1) Enchantable - No

A keen and thin bladed katana forged in a distant country the long black blade is heavier than it looks. If mastered it has high attack power and causes enemies to bleed but the fragile blade is easily nicked.

Materials needed - 42 Splinters of Sharpstone/12 Large Splinters of Sharpstone/34 Splinters of Darkmoonstone/12 Chunks of Darkmoonstone/1 Pure Darkmoonstone.

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (13) Weight (5.0) Durability (70)

Added parameters infleunced by stats -/-/A/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (407) Magic (60)

The Crescent Uchigatana +5 is great for magic users with maximum magic the base damage would be around 450 or higher as the damage with this weapon scales in comparison to your magic stat.

As you may have noticed the Uchigatana has many upgrade paths that can compliment your character these katana's are the most used weapon type for duel wielding. If you have an invader with a pair of fully upgraded katana's then be up for a fight as these are incredibly strong and can kill you in seconds if you get caught.

4) Istarelle +5 (Item location 5-1 pure white world tendency) Enchantable - No

A hardened short spear made of Oak, it is one of the few revelations of the gods. A possession of the holy knight Lizaia. With the characteristics of a god the users posion and plague tolerances are increased.

Materials needed - 5 Colourless Demon's Souls

Stats needed - Strength (9) Dexterity (18) Faith (24) Weight (1.0) Durability (800)

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/D/-/A (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (246) Strength (41) Dexterity (40) Faith (99).

The Istarelle Spear +5 is by far the strongest weapon on the list but what sets this weapon apart is the weapons special ability to increase your resistance to poison and plague.

This weapon is useful in your offhand or on your back while progressing through world 5. As you are sure to be poisoned and perhaps plagued in this area several times.

Yes you can use Royal and Widow lotuses to treat the diseases but i prefer to use Istarelle as fully upgraded stacked with the Ring of Poison Resistance and a complete set of gloom armour my poison tolerance is through the roof expect figures over 1500.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing image.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) Keel Smasher +5 (Item location 2-3 Pure white) Enchantable - Yes

A bladeless, thick mass of iron used for smashing. The ancient excavators of Stonefang are said to have created it to face dragons. It is imbued with a spell to protect the wielder from fire because of its immense weight blacksmiths joke that it can scarcely be called a sword.

Materials needed - 5 Colourless Demons Souls

Stats needed - Strength (30) Weight (20.0) Durability (600)

Added parameters influenced by stats - B/-/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (560) Strength (99)

The Keel Smasher is another unique weapon which can be buffed with Cursed/Light weapon making the damage dealt with this weapon very high. This should be used by melee users with incredibly high strength.

Like other large weapons Keel Smasher can knock your foes back allowing you to heal while they pick themselves up or wait for the perfect time to finish him off. In hyper mode as a blue phantom with pure white tendencies with the Clever Rats ring, Friend's ring, Morion Blade and Cursed weapon on a backstab can inflict over 4400 damage to certain enemies.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mhyi6e.jpg

6) Large Sword of Moonlight +5 (Item location 5-2 Slug nest) Enchantable - No

The legendary large sword that reflects moonlight. Widely known in association with Moonlight Knight Bito. It's one of the few Revelations from God. The blue crystal blade is composed only of light so it is impossible to block with a shield.

As implied the Large Sword of Moonlight has 100% shield bypass and ignores all attempts at blocking. The only other weapon in the game to share this property is the curved sword Blind. It is also the only weapon in the game that does pure magic damage and as a result is highly effective against any enemy without magic resistance. At additional levels (+1 and so on) the stats of the weapon remain the same but the rate at which it scales with Faith improves exponentially. Lastly it has the second highest durability of any weapon in the game only Brand is higher. As well as being the lightest "large sword" and comes in second to only the Dark Silver Shield on Magic Cut percent when used to block a magic attack.

This weapon is in many ways an Easter Egg and a nod to the past as it is blatantly modeled on the Sword of Moonlight the signature weapon of the King's Field series. King's Field is the first game created by From Software and considered to be the spiritual predecessor to Demon's Souls. Other than this sword and perhaps thematic inspiration the two games have no other common ground.

Materials needed - 5 Colourless Demon's Souls

Stats needed - Faith (24) Weight (2.0) Durability (900)

Added parameters influenced by stats -/-/-/S (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (355) Faith (99) with a +5

The Large Sword of Moonlight has the second highest durability of any weapon and is one of the lightest weapons around coupled with the damage and the shield bypass ability this is an impressive weapon and is frequently used by players.

7) Lava Bow (Credit to Billlop). Enchantable - Yes

A longbow with a stem like a spider's leg. A weapon born from the soul of the demon Armour Spider it bestows a flame attribute upon all arrows fired.

Materials needed -Any Bow +7 and Hard Demon's Soul (2-1 Boss)

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (10) Weight (2.0) Durability (400).

Added parameters influenced by stats - D/D/E/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (412) with white arrows Strength (37) Dexterity (34) and Magic (26) .

If you have maximum stats in these 3 areas the bow's power will be even higher this bow is great for mage's. Every arrow you fire will also add 100 fire damage.

The Lava Bow is in my opinion the 2nd best bow around i prefer the lava to the white bow which is why i didn't include the white bow in my thread. This bow is not as hard to obtain as the Viscous and is a great choice for a mage.

Naturally i always want the best for my character but don't be put off by second best. Whichever bow you choose i hope you are happy with your choice.

8) Crushing Guillotine Axe +5 (Item location 1-1 pure black world tendency) Enchantable - Yes

An axe which is used for beheadings which has seen a lot of wear and tear. It's fat handled in appearence and short and heavy but can sever the cervical vertebra in a single blow. It is disdained as a beheader's weapon especially in Boletaria. Executioner Miralda is known to wield this weapon.

Materials needed - 34 Splinters of Greystone/12 Chunks of Greystone/1 Pure Greystone. (Guillotine axe +0)

Stats needed - Strength (20) Weight (6) Durability (250)

Added parameters influenced by stats - S/-/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (291) (two handed) Strength (41)

The Crushing Guillotine Axe is great for users with high strength with maximum strength this weapon may exceed 400 base damage. The weapon has very fast attack speed and is commonly used for dual wielders.

Again this is another weapon which can be imbued which will dramatically effect the weapons performance. The only drawback with this weapon is the axe is quite short therefore you will need to be close to your opponent.

Edited by Phorus

9) Meat cleaver (Club location 2-2) Enchantable - Yes

The Meat Cleaver is based on the weapon used by the Adjudicator and you will need his soul in order to forge it. The weapon is categorized as a large hammer but the weapon has a slow attack speed but deals slashing instead of blunt damage.

It does however make it a good argument for a barbarian to keep his starting club as it has very impressive scaling with statistics and an unmodified club is by far the cheapest way to make it.

Materials needed - Club and Swollen Demons Soul (Boss 4-1)

Stats needed - Strength (26) Faith (16) Weight (10.0) Durability (400).

Added parameters influenced by stats - S/S/-/A (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (584) Strength (99), Dexterity (99), Faith (99).

Meat Cleaver is perfect for melee users as this sword can be buffed with Light/Cursed weapon dramatically increasing the damage dealt to your enemies.

Like similar large weapons Meat Cleaver will knock your enemies flat on their face but due to the size of the weapon and its weight every attack you attempt will reduce your stamina more and your attacks aren't as swift as the majority of weapons available.

If you have maximum base damage and you use Cursed weapon and go into hyper mode with the Morion blade and the Clever rats ring and you two hand Meat cleaver and backstab an enemy depending on your tendency and the enemy you are attacking you can break 4000 damage.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/Unknown_PC/PS3/DS/Ex_Primeval_Demon.png

10) Moon Uchigatana +5 Enchantable - No

Materials needed - 42 Splinters of Sharpstone/12 Large Splinters of Sharpstone/34 Splinters of Moonlightstone/12 Chunks of Monlightstone/1 Pure Moonlightstone.

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (13). Weight (5.0) Durability (70).

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/E/C/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (415) Strength (33) Magic (60)

This weapon's attack scales with the users magic stat with 99 the base damage may exceed 450 making it a great choice for magic users.

I personally use this for my mage and the weapon has done me proud although my stats don't quite max the weapons power the damage i can deal for a magic user is a strong deterrant for invaders who try to anti-magic field me thinking i am an easy target but when i pull this out and add total protection they are wary of my presence.

11) North Regalia Enchantable - No

Legacy of the Old Boletaria Kings. The shadow this sword casts is formed by combining Soulbrand and Demonbrand. Little is known of its origin even in Boletarian Royal Family lore but it is said to have been left in the world along with the Old One for malicious purposes.

Materials needed - False King Demon's soul (Boss 1-4) Soulbrand (Defeat Old one) Demonbrand (Defeat Old King Doran (1-1).

Stats needed - Strength (20) Dexterity (14) Faith (12) Luck (12). Weight (6.5) Durability (400).

Added parameters influenced by stats -/-/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (540) Pure White/Pure Black Character Tendency

North Regalia is a great weapon for melee users and deserves a place amongst some of the best weapons in the game. This weapon is slightly problematical as if your tendency is not pure white or pure black the base damage will be serverly reduced.

12) Dragon Great Axe +5 (Great Axe location 2-2) Enchantable - No

A large cleaver axe this weapon is too heavy to wield with ordinary strength. Using that strength this weapon can blow enemies away. The effect of a critical hit is also larger than that of a standard axe.

Materials needed - 24 Splinters of Hardstone/44 Splinters of Dragonstone/18 Chunks of Dragonstone/2 Pure Dragonstone.

Stats needed - Strength (26) Weight (10) Durability (230).

Added parameters influenced by stats -/-/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (490)

Unlike the other weapons detailed on this thread the Dragon Great Axe +5 will deal 245 physical and 245 fire damage therefore this is a great weapon for any build as long as you have high enough strength to use it.

This weapon can be fully upgraded in a single playthrough therefore you can breeze through most of the game with the exception of world 2 as most enemies you will encounter here are fire based.

13) Gripless +5 (Gripless location 4-2 Slug pit) Enchantable - Yes

A gripless uchigatana. It has a blade that seems fairly wet. It was forged by a famous swordsmith in a distant country but since the wielder must grip the blade it's extremely difficult to handle causing damage to the wielder.

Materials needed - 5 Colourless Demon's Soul's

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (19) Weight (4.5) Durability (70).

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/B/-/-

Base damage - (399) Strength (99) Dexterity (99)

A fully upgraded gripless with maximum stats is no push over with a base damage of nearly 400 and its enchantable. This weapon also adds bleeding damage however due to the katana having no handle the user will lose 3% of their life for evey successful hit.

Edited by Phorus

14) Sharp Uchigatana +5 Enchantable - Yes

Materials needed - 34 Splinters of Bladestone/12 Chunks of Bladestone/1 Pure Bladestone. Uchigatana standard.

Stats needed - Strength (18) Dexterity (13) Weight (5.0) Durability (70).

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/S/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (400 approx) Hard to estimate but to max out you will need 99 Dexterity and Strength. When i find out i will update it.

Even though i haven't got an exact base damage for this weapon this katana can be buffed with Light/Cursed weapon. If your a dex user this is essential having said that this is probably the hardest weapon to get as you will need the dreaded Pure Bladestone to upgrade it to its full potential.

Personally i would rate this weapon in the top 10 providing you have the right stats of course. The Sharp Uchigatana +5 is in my opinion as good as a Blueblood Sword. Both of these weapons can be imbued and have excellent base damage and both scale based on your stats.

15) Viscous Compound Longbow +5 (Compound longbow location 4-1 Vendor 3000 souls) Enchantable - Yes

A large composite bow which allows the player to ready an arrow and aim with L1 striking there foe from distance. Ranged weapons require the equipping of arrows as well as a bow.

Materials needed - 13 Splinters of Hardstone/25 Splinters of Spiderstone/9 Chunks of Spiderstone/1 Pure Spiderstone.

Stats needed - Strength (22) Dexterity (12) Weight (2.0) Durability (100) Range (65)

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/S/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (485) Using white arrows Strength (41) Dexterity (99) however with 99 strength you may have 500 base damage.

Of course it only sounds logical for a ranged user to have a bow as you can attack your enemies from a safe distance. This is the best bow at 99 dexterity but to make the damage even higher you will want to buff your arrows and use them in hyper mode and as soon as an invader comes through strike and witness a huge proportion of his life blown away in a single shot.

16) Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5 (Mirdan Hammer dropped by enemies inside tunnel on 2-2). Enchantable - No

A rod type weapon. It's able to mow down targets in a single blow but they are difficult to handle and require both strength and skill to use. Between the priests this weapon has special meaning.

Materials needed - 1 Splinters of Hardstone/9 Large Splinters of Hardstone/25 Splinters of Faintstone/9 Chunks of Faintstone/1 Pure Faintstone.

Stats needed - Strength (14) Dexterity (12) Weight (3.5) Durability (200).

Added parameters influenced by stats - E/E/-/A (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (453) Strength (99) Dexterity (99) Faith (99).

The Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5 is great for pvp as this weapon has a great area of effect combined with the weapons power this is an alternate choice to the Blessed Great Sword +5 but i have seen players using both.

I don't know what i would choose between the Great Sword and the Mirdan Hammer knowing me i would want both lol.

17) Large Sword of Searching (Credit to SnapGW) Enchantable - No

"A large curved sword made of crystal with an enormous crescent blade. It was forged from the Soul of the Demon "Old Hero." The rickety blade has become severely weathered due to years of fighting. The Old Hero is also called the "Searcher of Storms," and its Soul brings its wielder good fortune in obtaining more items.

Materials needed - Any weapon below and the Old Hero Demon's Soul

Claws +8

Broad Sword +8

Flamberge +8

Shotel +8

Scimitar +8

Falchion +8

Kilij +8

Uchigatana +8

Sais +8

Stats needed - Strength (24) Dexterity (16). Weight (8.0) Durability (400).

Added parameters influenced by stats - D/D/-/- (Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Faith)

Base damage - (292) Strength (41) Dexterity (72)

The Large Sword of Searching is only suitable for farming materials if you have the Large Sword of Searching in your offhand and your main weapon in your other hand. Your drop rate will be improved.

This sword should be integral to any build you decide to create as you will have to farm materials either for the trophies or upgrading your equipment.

18) Morion Blade (Credit to SnapGW). Enchantable - No

A gnarled, thorny large sword of black quartz. Forged from the soul of the Demon "Storm King," it is actually the marrow of the storm beasts. These beasts take pleasure in the wielder's peril and in these situations the blade's attack power is greatly increased

Materials needed - Any weapon listed below and the Storm King's Demon's Soul

Short Sword +8

Long Sword +8

Knight Sword +8

Bastard Sword +8

Claymore +8

Great Sword +8

Stats needed - Strength (14) Dexterity (14) Weight (5.0) Durability (400).

Base damage - (210) (weapon doesn't scale with your stats).

Morion Blade is a noteworthy weapon i wouldn't say this is essential for melee builds but it can be helpful. The power of this weapon is really weak in comparison to the other weapons on this thread. However if you have less than 30% health and you have the Morion Blade in your offhand your primary weapon's damage will be increased dramatically. For ultimate stackability add the Clever Rat's Ring.

19) Stormruler Enchantable - No

A large sword with a thorny, spiraled blade. Now abandoned and most of it's power lost it seems that it once dominated foes but in an area with ancestral spirits or a monolith forest you may be able to see it's past sky-cutting power.

Base damage - (150) Durability (10) Weight (6.0)

The Stormruler is a unique weapon found only in 4-3 you have only one chance to obtain it per playthrough. With 150 base damage it is far from super powerful however this weapon is great for farming the manta rays in 4-4.

Outside of this area the sword isn't very useful if you use it in any other world except the shrine of storms the special effect will be removed. The only concern with this weapon is the durability is very low and the blade can break after several attempts at farming in world 4.

Edited by Phorus

Shields

If you want to survive in Demon's Souls you will need to master the art of blocking although its possible to block with a weapon you will still receive some damage therefore a shield is more suitable. There are various shapes and sizes to choose from listed below are some of the best:

1) Purple Flame Shield +10 (Item location 1-1 Under Blue Dragon)

An old large shield painted in vivid purple. The origin of its characteristic design is unknown. Using this shield replaces parrying to a shield bash attack.

Materials needed - 94 Splinters of Hardstone/54 Large Splinters of Hardstone/27 Chunks of Hardstone/2 Pure Hardstone.

Stats needed - Strength (22) Weight (8.0) Durability (170).

Hit Resistance - (82) at +10

Damage cuts % - Physical (100) Magic (30) Fire (90)

One of the best shields a player can wield if you plan to adopt a sword and shield policy i would highly recommend you take this shield under consideration. The Purple Flame Shield +10 is very useful against the Fat Ministers and anything that will deal fire damage for instance the carts in 2-2 and the bearbugs when they explode if you block the blast with your shield depending on your stamina you will recieve minimal or no damage. Brilliant shield!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/11j27gi.jpg

2) Dark Silver Shield +5 (Item location Kill Garl Vinland in 5-3)

The dark silver shield of Vinland Legacy. Known as the oldest of metals the dark silver is said to purify dark malice. It protects the user from all types of spells.

Stats needed - Strength (16) Weight (5.0) Durability (450)

Hit Resistance - (65) at +5

Damage Cut % - Physical (100) Magical (100) Fire (70)

This shield can perform riposite moves which require great timing to set up for a powerful counter attack which is stronger than any backstab. Although the hit resistance is significantly less this is a fantastic shield in the right hands.

3) Adjudicator Shield +5 (Item location 4-1)

A large wooden shield that depicts a brightly colored scene of the deceased being judged. On the other side an epigram is carved in old script: "Cowardly acts and the eating of birds must not be the deeds of a Hero of Storms. If the one being judged displeases the Adjudicator's master, the Golden Crow, the deceased soul will be gnawed upon until nothing but their bones remain." Its user will recover HP a little at a time.

Stats needed - Strength (14) Weight (3.5) Durability (150)

Hit Resistance - (50)

Damage Cut % - Physical (90) Magical (50) Fire (50)

As you can see from the stats in terms of hit resistance and damage cut percentages this shield is inferior to the other two. However at +5 you will regain 8 hit points of health per second if you are a faith build and you stack this with the Regenarator's Ring, the miracle Slow Recovery and a Blessed weapon +5 you will be recovering 37 hit points back every second with maximum vitality.

4) Large Brushwood Shield +5 (Item location 1-1 Pure White)

An old large shield owned by the Boletarian royal family from long ago. Particularly good at fending off flame type attacks. In recent times it is known as an item of Biorr of the Twin Fangs.

Stats needed - Strength (26) Weight (13.0) Durability (500).

Hit Resistance - (80)

Damage Cut % - Physical (100) Magical (30) Fire (100).

Overall this is a great all purpose shield the 100% fire resistance comes in very handy although the shield you choose is down to personal preference all these shields are very useful and are in my opinion the best shields around.

Edited by Phorus

Miracles

The majority of miracles you can learn are defensive everything from regenerating your health to removing status effects e.g poison. Unlike Magic there are only 12 miracles to choose from listed below are the most popular among players:

1) Evacuate (Obtain from Sage Urbain 20,000 Souls) Mp cost (40) Miracle Slots (1)

Evacuate is extremely useful when it comes to farming souls as this Miracle will transport the user back to the nexus when casted. The best part is not having to find your way back to an archstone to harvest your souls but the fact that you keep all your souls intact is for me arguably a top 3 miracle here strongly recommended.

2) One time revival (Obtain from Saint Urbain requires Old Hero's Demon Soul Boss 4-2) Mp cost (100) Miracle Slots (2) .

One time revival is a tremendous spell as if you use this spell and then die you will be revived with exactly half of your life back however once you have been revived the spell's effect has worn off so if you wish to be revived again you will need to recast. This spell is notorious for pvp.

3) Rage of God (Obtain from Saint Urbain requires Dragon God Demon Soul Boss 2-3) Mp cost (100) Miracle Slots (2).

Rage of God is an offensive miracle which creates a strong circular shockwave which can penetrate walls allowing the caster to hit enemies from the other side of a wall without being detected. One of the strongest spells in the game.

4) Cure (Obtain from Saint Urbain requires Wriggling Demon's Soul Boss 5-1) Mp cost (30) Miracle Slots (1).

This miracle will cure the caster of poison, plague and bleeding all this for 30 mana is a steal. One of the best out there especially useful for visiting world 5 where you are bound to be poisoned several times.

5) Anti-Magic Field (Obtain from Sage Urbain requires Storm Kings Demon's Soul Boss 4-3) Mp cost (10) Miracle Slots (2).

This miracle is useful against several bosses in the game as it takes away there ability to cast magic however be warned as this will also effect the caster as well. Having said that this is incredibly useful if you are a melee user and also works well against invaders who rely on magic.

Edited by Phorus

Magic

Magic is all about offensive there are a few exceptions but the majority tend to be spells which are dealing damage to your opponent. There are 22 magic spells in total listed below are some of the best:

1) Firestorm (Obtain from Yuria the witch an npc in 1-3 requires Dragon God Demon's Soul Boss 2-3). Mp cost (100) Magic Slots (3).

Firestorm will deal massive amounts of damage, when casted multiple pillars of fire surround the player. If you wish to be a mage and intend to have a lot of mana and high magic power this should be your number 1 choice.

2) Total Protection (Obtain from Sage Freke an npc in 3-1 requires Iron Demon's Soul Boss 1-2) Mp cost (50) Magic slots (2).

Total protection is perfect for melee users as this spell will significantly reduce all damage you receive for the duration of the spell. This spell can be the difference between life and death.

3) Soul Light (Obtain from Sage Freke requires Doll's Demon's Soul Boss 3-1) Mp cost (15) Magic slots (1).

Soul light is very useful for almost every build for a mere 15 mana you can cast an upgraded version of soul arrow which will penetrate multiple foes in a single cast. Useful against Phalanx as well as others.

4) Light/Cursed Weapon (Obtain Light From Sage Freke requires Silver Demon's Soul Boss 1-3) (Obtain Cursed from Yuria the witch requires Silver Demon's Soul). Mp cost Light (50) Magic slots (2) Mp cost Cursed (100) Magic slots (3).

The reason there is 2 here is because i can't decide this really depends on your build, mana and weapon. As cursed is stronger but requires an additional magic slot and when casted you will lose health if you cast cursed.

But on the other hand Light weapon costs half as much to cast and is pretty powerful. The choice is up to you on this one.

5) Thirst/Soulsucker (Obtain both from Yuria the witch thirst requires Yellow Demon's Soul Boss 3-3 whilst Soulsucker requires Maiden in black Demon's Soul Good Ending). Mp cost Thirst (200) Magic slots (3) Mp cost Soulsucker (100) Magic slots (3).

These are the 2 best spells when it comes to farming souls if you want to earn the maximum amount you will need to stack these with the Ring of Avarice and a Silver Bracelet but be warned the bracelet may only be worn by a female character.

6) Fireball (Obtain from Sage Freke the visonary requires Dragon God's Demon Soul) Mp cost (20) Magic slots (2).

When it comes to pvp fireball is a fantastic spell for mages as fireball will explode on impact creating a large area of effect which is hard to evade when in close proximity.

The only downside to fireball is that the spell has less range than a standard spell like soul light nonetheless if your a mage or have high magic and you plan to play pvp this spell should be your first choice.

Edited by Phorus

Rings

These equipable items can provide special bonuses whether it be making you harder for your enemies to detect or providing added resistances to diseases. Unfortunately you can only equip 2 rings and you are only able to equip 1 of each ring. A friend of mine would have preferred to have a ring on every finger as there are over 25 rings to find nevertheless 2 is all we have so make the most of it.

1) Cling Ring (Obtain from 1-1 near a Blue eyed knight guarding a fog door instead of heading through make your way through the passageway at the far end, descend to the bottom and pull the lever the ring is on a corpse) Weight (0.2).

The Cling ring is absolutely priceless if your in soul form as this will raise you maximum health to 75% unless your tendency is pure black then you will have significantly less.

2) Thief's Ring (Obtain from 1-1 this time go through the fog where the Blue Eyed Knight is standing and you will see a brick wall at the end of the stairway and a platform below walk up to the edge and your character will climb up simply fall on the platform and collect the ring) Weight (0.2).

The Thief's ring makes it harder for enemies to detect you this is useful in either human or soul form as some enemies won't see you if your to far away from them.

3) Eternal Warriors Ring (Obtain by slaying Old King Doran an npc in 1-1 requires Mausoleum key) Weight (0.2).

This ring is perfect for human form as your stamina will refill much faster with this ring equipped allowing you to keep attacking with your sword or giving you the chance to evade your opponents if your in trouble.

4) Ring of Avarice (Obtain from 3-2 at the pit where the giant creature falls) Weight (0.2).

This ring is perfect for harvesting souls as you will gain an extra 20% per kill so lets say an enemy gives you 1000 souls kill him with the ring on you will get 1200.

5) Clever Rats ring/Dull Rats ring (Obtain Clever Rats ring by the shooting statue in 3-1 the Dull Rats ring requires Pure White in world 3 travel to the top of the first tower in 3-2 and you will find a key. Travel to 3-1 and free Lord Rydell from his cell he is found on the opposite side to freke) Weight (0.2).

This one i couldn't make up my mind either if your health is below 30% the Clever rats ring will increase all your weapons base damage by 50% but you can be killed easier but your power is godly.

The Dull rats ring will increase your defence if your health is below 30% making you harder to kill.

6) Ring of Magical Sharpness (Obtain from 3-1) Weight (0.2).

This ring is only suitable for mages as this will increase the power of your spells this can be stacked with Kris Knife +5 and Monk's Headwrap to make you a powerful mage.

7) Ring of Herculean Strength (Obtain by trading the Jade ornament to Stockpile Thomas) Weight (0.2).

The Herculean ring will increase your maximum carryable weight by 50% therefore this is a great ring when you are farming for materials especially when you first visit 2-1 as you can easily get over-encumbered.

Other than that the ring isn't very helpful and personally once i get my endurance high enough this ring becomes obsolete so its really only useful for the first or even second playthrough.

8) Ring of Great Strength (Obtain in 1-1 underneath the Blue Dragon's tail) Weight (0.2).

The ring of great strength will increase your loadable weight by 50% this is more practical in everyday use than the previous ring. However this ring is only useful if you are trying to equip heavier armour or using heavier and better equipment.

As in the beginning the chances are you won't be able to wear the armour and use the weapons you want because they are too heavy but this ring makes it possible.

9) Ring of Poison/Gash/Disease/Flame Resistance Item locations (Poison 2-1 in lava area/Gash 4-2 speak with Patches the Hyena/Disease 2-2 Scaffolding opposite Scirvir the Wanderer/Flame 2-2 gift from patches) Weight (0.2).

These rings will increase your tolerances to various diseases the Ring's of Poison & Gash will increase a resistance of 227 to 548. The Ring of Flame resistance will improve your tolerance to fire by 40 points. Finally the Ring of Disease will increase a resistance of 138 to 192.

Edited by Phorus

Armour

As an action role playing game Demon's Soul's stays true to character creation and customisation. There is a lot of armour to choose from but some of them have gender restrictions so you may come across a suit of armour on your travels and find out you can't wear it. Some of the best armour is listed below:

1) Brushwood Armour (Item location either Pure White in 1-1 or kill Biorr of the Twin fangs)

A piece of the old armour owned from long ago by the Boletarian Royal Family. It especially holds off flames. It is known as Biorr of the Twin Fang's equipment however the armour is heavy so stamina regeneration is largely impaired.

A full suit of Brushwood consisting of a Helmet, Breastplate, Bracer and Boots offers the following. (Accumulative Weight 45.0)

Physical Defence - (109)

Blunt Defence - (109)

Cut Defence - (131.7)

Stab Defence - (109)

Magic Defence - (51)

Fire Defence - (83)

Disease resistances

Bleed - (60)

Poison - (39)

Plague - (0)

This should only be used for players with high equipable weight as 45.0 is very high but the defence the armour provides is first rate. If you want to be able to roll with a full suit of brushwood armour and add your weapons you will need to have around 40 endurance with the ring of great strength equipped.

2) Dark Silver (Item location 5-3 kill Garl Vinland) (Accumulative Weight 35.1).

This armour is worn by the intimidating knight Garl Vinland in 5-3. Dark Silver armour has excellent magic defence and protects the user from harm. To equip this armour the user will need high endurance as the armour is quite heavy.

Physical Defence - (90)

Blunt Defence - (90)

Cut Defence - (112.7)

Stab Defence - (90)

Magic Defence - (70)

Fire Defence - (63)

Disease resistances

Bleed - (60)

Poison - (39)

Plague - (0)

As you can see Dark Silver armour is lighter than Brushwood but doesn't offer as much protection if your character has low endurance and loadable weight then you are better off choosing this over the Brushwood.

The great thing about Dark Silver armour is that this armour provides the highest magical damage resistance of any armour so although the physical protection isn't as high as the brushwood the magical resistance makes up for it.

Edited by Phorus

3) Ancient Kings (Item location kill Old King Doran in 1-1 requires Mausoleum key) (Accumulative weight 20)

Worn by the npc Old King Doran in 1-1 this armour is the best lightweight armour a male character can use. The armour offers great overall protection against your opponents attacks.

Physical Defence - (81)

Blunt Defence - (81)

Cut Defence - (103.7)

Stab Defence - (81)

Magic Defence - (56)

Fire Defence - (89)

Disease resistances

Bleed - (60)

Poison - (39)

Plague - (0)

The Ancient King's armour can only be worn by a male character this armour is very lightweight as a result you will not incur any stamina regeneration penalty when this armour is equipped. Highly recommended for melee players.

4) Binded Armour (Item location 1-1 Pure White kill Exectutioner Miralda) (Accumulative weight 15.1)

Worn by the npc Executioner Miralda in 1-1 this armour gives great protection against attacks this is the best lightweight armour a female character can use.

Physical Defence - (73)

Blunt Defence - (73)

Cut Defence - (73)

Stab Defence - (73)

Magic Defence - (51)

Fire Defence - (67)

Disease resistances

Bleed - (39)

Poison - (39)

Plague - (0)

Binded armour can only be worn by female characters this armour offers decent protection all round and is very light. Like the Ancient King's set you will not incur any stamina regeneration penalty.

Edited by Phorus

Talisman's & Catalyst's

Talismans

1) Talisman of Beast's (Item location either Pure Black Character Tendency in world 2. Travel to 2-2 and defeat the npc Scirvir the wanderer). Alternatively if you complete Mephistopheles quests and kill Ostrava which means you need to save him first) Weight (0.2)

An old wooden amulet resembling the Old One. It can utilize both miracles and spells. The symbol of God was nothing more than the image of the Old One.

Stats needed - Strength (4) Faith (18) Luck (18) Durability (150).

Magical power - (120)

Miracle power - (19)

The Talisman of beast's is a great item which will allow the user to cast both miracles and magic without the need of carrying both a catalyst and a talisman therefore providing an extra slot for either a weapon or a bow.

If you wish to use the Talisman of beasts i would strongly recommend you have your faith and magic stats equal.

2) Talisman of God (Item location 4-1). Weight (0.2) Durability (300).

A metal crafted amulet which resembles the symbol of God used to cast miracles. To use miracles the following must be met:

- You have learned a miracle.

- You have memorized the learned miracle.

- You have a talisman equipped.

- You have the MP required to cast the miracle.

Stats needed - Strength (5)

Miracle power - (116)

The Talisman of god is great for faith builds as you have higher miracle power than the Talisman of beast's however you will only be able to cast miracles with this equipped. The Templar Knight class starts with a Talisman of god.

Catalysts

1) Insanity Catalyst (Materials needed Old Monk Demon's Soul Boss 3-3 and any catalyst). Weight (0.5) Durability (400) .

A catalyst wrapped in golden cloth. Forged from the Soul of the demon "Old Monk," it causes insanity in the wielder and drastically increases the strength of spells but halves the wielder's maximum MP. If you have no dreams for the future you may want to place your trust in the power of the golden garb.

- You have learned a magic spell.

- You have memorized the learned spell.

- You have a catalyst equipped.

- You have the MP required to cast the spell.

Stats needed - Strength (6) Faith (16).

Magic power - (189)

The Insanity Catalyst's magic adjustment will increase with your magic stat. If you plan to be a mage in Demon's Souls then this is a great option but you will need a lot of mana so you can still cast the spells you desire as the catalyst will half your Mp but your spells are more powerful.

2) Silver Catalyst (Item location 3-1 Top of Tower 1) Weight (0.5) Durability (40) .

Stats needed - Strength (5)

Magic power - (114)

When equipped the Silver Cataylst will increase your maximum mp by 20% although the magic adjustment isn't as strong as the wooden or the insanity cataylst i prefer to use the silver or the insanity depending on my mp.

Special Items

1) Kris Knife +5 (Item location 2-1 before heading down the elevator to face the Armour Spider).

A small ceremonial sword. Old runes are expertly chiseled into the blade. Used as an aid for incantations. The wielder's magic ability increases though he or she will suffer more magical damage.

Materials needed - (Kris Knife and 5 Colourless Demon's Souls).

Stats needed - Strength (8) Faith (16). Weight (1.0) Durability (120).

Base damage - (254) Strength (21) Faith (18).

The Kris Knife +5 is perfect for mages as your magic attacks will be 30% more powerful the only drawback is you will receive 40% more magic damage but as long as you evade or block any magic with your shield you will be fine.

2) Monk's Headwrap Weight (0.0)

A yellow cloth crown of the main Latorian elders, it controlled the withered old people. According to the summon of the yellow cloth this bizarre crown was given to those who requested it. Maybe the yellow cloth is searching for new old people.

The turban worn by the arch demon the old monk in 3-3. This special headwrap is great for mages who want to maximise their magic power.

Defences - Physical (2.0) Fire (2.0)

This turban can only be obtained by becoming the boss of 3-3 and winning against the host but the drop rate is quite low so it may take a while to obtain it.

Miscellaneous Items

1) Augite of guidance (50 souls a pop from vendor in 3-1) Weight (0.1 each)

A stone that temporarily radiates light when it comes into contact with air. It is prized as a one of a kind jewel but with no use in crafting it is mostly employed simply as a guidepost.

Augite of guidance can be used as a marker in co-op almost like leaving a trail as to where you are this can be useful in 3-1 especially as if you don't stay close to each other you may lose your team mate.

In a more destructive way i have seen players place these stones to create a trap for any invaders as they are likely to follow it therefore you can lead them to a spot where they have limited space and attack them.

These items are limited so if you place more than 12 some will disappear so make sure to space them out a bit.

2) Soul Remains Weight (0.1 each) (500 souls a pop from Graverobber Blige)

The remnants of an old hero's Soul drifting partially into another world. Attracts those who are hungry for Souls.

These remains at first glance appear useless however they can become very useful at any level but at lower levels these remains seem to be the most useful.

If an enemy hasn't seen you and you throw some remains in a direction near either a cliff edge or if you simply want to distract his attention so you may pass.

The enemy will directly go to the soul remains and start attacking them but after a few hits they will disappear. In my experience not many players use soul remains but they are strong enough to kill there enemies.

Stacking 101

1) Extra mana without levelling your willpower

To do this you will need 2 items the first is a Silver Catalyst which can be found at the top of the first tower in 3-1. The second is a Silver Coronet also found in 3-1 inside a prison cell.

If you equip any of these items you will receive an extra 20% of your current mp. Equipping both of them can increase your mana reserves by a large amount. Lets say you have 100 mana if you add both of these items you will have 144 mana (increase 44%).

With maximum willpower you have 450 mana if you add both of these equipable items you will have 648 mana so 198 mana extra.

2) Maximum magical power

For this you will need 5 items the first is the Ring of Magical Sharpness found in 3-1. The second item is the Monk's Head Wrappings which you can get by becoming an invader in 3-3 and killing the host but the drop rate is quite low.

Next you will need a Kris Knife +5 a standard Kris Knife can be found in 2-1 up the stairway next to the elevator which descends to the boss fog. A Friend or a Foe's ring depending on if you intend to play as an invader or a blue phantom. Finally you will need an Insanity Catalyst which requires any catalyst and the Yellow Demon's Soul boss of 3-3.

If you combine this with maximum magic stat you will be uber powerful to enemies and invaders alike.

Edited by Phorus

3) Maximum damage for melee users

You will need 4 items to make this happen the first is Morion Blade which is made by upgrading a sword to +8 and imbuing the weapon with the Storm Demon's Soul the boss of 4-3. Next you will need the Clever Rats Ring which is found near the machine firing arrows in 3-1.

To continue to improve the damage you will need a Friend or a Foe's ring depending on how you want to play of course. Next you will need to learn the spell Cursed Weapon which requires the Silver Demon's Soul the boss of 1-3.

By adding this to your primary weapon you can inflict incredible damage to your enemies but you need to have a strong weapon which is enchantable. The only problem with using Cursed Weapon is you will lose 8 hit points of life every second for the duration of the spell (30 seconds).

4) Harvesting the maximum souls possible

To achieve this you will need 4 items the first is the Ring of Avarice which is found in 3-2 where the giant demon falls and the insects come out of his flesh the ring is found on a corpse in this area. Second item is the Silver Bracelet this is found in 3-1 near the strange demon which shoots projectile attacks and has legs everywhere the Bracelet is found on a corpse however only female characters may wear the bracelet.

Next you will need the spells Soulsucker which requires the Maiden in Black Demon's Soul and you will need to learn Thirst which requires the Yellow Demon's Soul the boss of 3-3.

To use both of these spells simultaneously you will need 40 willpower but you can make it work with 30 mana but you will need the aforementioned Silver Catalyst and Silver Coronet.

5) Mana Regeneration

To make your mana regenerate the fastest way possible without the need for spices is as follows. You will need 3 items a Phosphorescent Pole +5 a standard Phosphorescent Pole can be obtained by killing the Black Phantom Lord Rydell in 3-1.

The second is the Fragrant Ring which can be obtained by giving the crow in 4-1 the Brass Telescope which Ostrava gives you in 1-1. Finally you will need a Crescent weapon +5 if you have all of these items equipped you will be regenerating your mana at the highest rate possible.

6) Health Regeneration

If you want to regenerate your life back in the most effective way then this is what you need to do. You will need 4 items the first is the Regenerator's Ring found in 4-1. Second item is the Adjudicator's Shield also found in 4-1 after you have proceeded through the second fog entrance the item is behind the black skeleton.

Next you will need a Blessed weapon +5 and finally the miracle Slow Recovery which requires the Swollen Demon's Soul the boss of 4-1. If you have maximum vitality and are in human form you will regenerate 37 hit points of life every second.

The ring grants a regen rate of 4 hit points per second added to the 8 hit points of life the Adjudicator's Shield +5 provides. Combined with the 6 hit points the Blessed weapon +5 grants and the 19 Slow Recovery gives as this is 1 hit point for every 100 health.

Weapon Buff Items

1) Turpentine (Vendor 1-2 Costs 500 Souls a pop)

Turpentine is a consumable item which will add fire damage to your right hand weapon for obvious reasons you cannot add this to wooden weapons. Weapons which are upgraded with Moonlightstone, Suckerstone, Dragonstone Darkmoonstone, Pulpstone and Fainstone are un-enchantable.

Turpentine will add 80 fire damage to your right hand weapon however the effect will only last for 60 seconds.

2) Black Turpentine (Vendor 5-1 Costs 1500 Souls a pop)

Black Turpentine is much stronger than regular Turpentine this will add 150 fire damage to your right hand weapon but the effect will only last for 30 seconds.

3) Sticky White Stuff (Farm slugs inside the pits on 4-2 travel to Old Hero Archstone and head back and you will be there). (Alternatively Patches the Hyena will sell them at 5000 Souls a pop).

Unlike Turentine, Sticky White Stuff will add 110 magical damage to your right weapon. Although you need to farm these the slugs inside the pit have a good drop rate. So you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you come here as you can get Suckerstone splinters from them.

Indirect Enchant

Although Bows can not be directly enchanted (since they are wooden) you have to use an indirect method.

- Equip a Bow in your Left hand.

- Equip a weapon that can be enchanted in your Right hand.

- Use the weapon buff. The Right hand weapon is now enchanted.

- Equip the Bow with both hands.

If you shoot an arrow now the arrows fired will have the weapon buff.

Healing Consumable's

1) Dark Moon Grass (Patches the Hyena Cost 10,000 Souls a pop). Alternatively you can farm these in the 5-3 boss room.

Dark Moon Grass is the best healing item available not only will it fully replenish your health but they will also heal you from status effects therefore i strongly recommend you have these with you or at the very least New Moon Grass.

2) Old Spice (Vendor 3-1 Costs 1000 Souls a pop). Alternatively you can farm these from the Black Octopus enemies in 3-3.

Old Spice is the best way to replenish your mp each old spice will recover 100 mana making them superior to every other method to recover mana.

3) Stone of Ephemeral Eyes (Patches the Hyena 50,000 Souls a pop). Alternatively you can farm these in a number of places.

Plague babies in 5-3 also drop the stones. The drops are far less common than from the troll's however there are more plague babies in one place and they are faster to kill and closer to the spawn point.

With an increased luck and the sword of searching its not uncommon to find 3 stones in a run that lasts less then 3 minutes. Pure black tendency may increase drop rate however by proportion to the difficulty increase it does not appear to be worth while.

At neutral tendency with 8 luck and no sword of searching the average appears to be just under one stone per complete run but you can find 2-3 with 24 luck and the sword on neutral.

These stones are absolutely priceless as they will bring you from soul form to human form.

4) Ed's Grindstone (Blacksmith Boldwin in the Nexus 2000 Souls a pop).

These items will fully repair your right hand weapon therefore i strongly recommend if your weapon will cost more than 2000 souls to repair at the blacksmith buy one of these as even if your sword would cost 10,000 at a merchant you will only need 2000 to repair it.

Ammunition

1) White Arrows

As a ranged attacker your bow will need ammo, if you intend to deal physical damage to your enemies then look no further White arrows will deal more physical damage than any other.

Although the availability of these is relatively low, you will want to save these for future playthrough's where you will need the extra kick unless your playing pvp white arrows are a must.

2) Heavy Arrows (Purchase from Patches the hyena for 30 souls a pop)

These are more powerful than normal arrows and should be used frequently. The damage dealt is reasonably high and at 30 souls per arrow from patches who seems to have an unlimited supply is well worth it.

3) Toad Eye Arrows (Graverobber Blige in 4-2 for 200 souls a pop)

Unlike the previous arrows Toad Eye arrows deal magical damage therefore these arrows are more suited to skeletons, bearbugs and even some bosses for example Flamelurker.

Although at 200 souls each they seem expensive but once you know how to farm souls well you will have no problems keeping your supply topped up.

Edited by Phorus

Once again, an invaluable addition here. I think you missed a few key weapons, however.

Since you listed the Ring of Avarice, for farming purposes, it makes sense to add the Large Sword of Searching to the list. Doubling your Drop Rate statistic when wielded, whether it's offhand or not, is perfect for seeking out those hard-to-find items. When hunting for stones, I NEVER farm without it! It's actual damage is negligible, and the only benefit it gives, other than the Drop Rate increase, is longer reach than usual for a basic curved weapon.

Stacked with the Clever Rat's Ring, the Morion Blade is essential for any and ALL hard hitter builds. Even for those who take a different route, it's always worth the 3lbs. weight to hold onto for boss fights. A difficult battle can be won in a few swift blows if you have both the Morion Blade and Clever Rat's Ring active. Like the Large Sword of Searching, this weapon has little use, outside of its special property. Just about ANY generic Large Sword is better than this, in damage.

While I was very tempted to go the Great Sword route for my Blessed weapon (my asian server main is a Faith Build), I opted for the Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5. While it's damage is inferior to the Great Sword variant, it has excellent range AND rate of attack, making it arguably better for any melee PVP. It's done me proud, thus far! ^^

Was kinda hoping he'd either paste my descriptions (or make his own) WITH that info, for players like you. But I guess in lieu of that (or until he DOES)...

The answer is yes, you do. The cheapest method of Obtaining the Large Sword of Searching is by upgrading some crappy Claws the +7, and imbuing it with the Hero Demon's Soul. That Demon's Soul has 2 uses; that, and the Miracle "Second Chance" (One-Time Revival). So if it's your first playthrough, decide between the two which you want.

Yes the Blessed mirdan hammer +5 is a noteworthy weapon as its on my list i haven' got round to adding it yet lol. As for the large sword of searching i will add this to the list although i personally have never used it this weapon seems to be popular for farming.

The Morion Blade is a good weapon but only for the purpose of stacking with clever rats ring other than that a standard longsword +8 is better. Nonetheless i will add it.

In addition to that i still need to add the Kris Knife +5 which is invaluble to mages. Then i just need to add some pictures so people can see what the weapons look like.

Thread updated

damn some of these pictures are hard to find. Once i have all images i need i may submit this as you will not find a list of the best equipment on any other site which includes exact base damages and the stats needed to achieve those figures. This information is priceless but i want this to be as close as perfect as i can get it. Will also include specialized pvp builds.

Any suggestions for improvement, weapons you feel deserve to be added if i agree with you i will add them and you will receive credit. feedback welcome

no comments then lol

Edited by Phorus

• 2 weeks later...

So is it the consensus that the Mirdan Hammer is the best pole weapon to use? I'm looking for something with range.

I went through most of my first playthrough with a Rapier / Buckler +10 combo, but eventually outgrew that and went with a Crescent Falcion +5, which, with a 55 Magic Stat, has proven very useful. After I grab a Pureblood Demon's Soul (and my Platinum trophy), I'm thinking of actually making a new character and playing this game again (three consecutive playthroughs -- still not tired of it), but would rather have a pole weapon.

Yes the mirdan hammer is arguably the best pole weapon available most players tend to use a blessed mirdan hammer +5 or a dragon mirdan hammer +5 but it does depend on your statistics to which upgrade path would be more suitable.

In addition to the mirdan hammer there are other pole weapons which are very useful including dragon halberd +5 and an upgraded sais. If you have high magic go for a moon or crescent mirdan hammer +5.

The falcion you are using is ok but that can be improved i don't know the base damage for the weapon but i wouldn't think the stats are better than a moon uchigatana +5 with your current magic.

Don't you use a kris knife +5? as this will dramatically increase your magic attacks. Stacked with the old turban and the ring of magical sharpness in soul form you will be a powerful mage even without the need for morion blade and the clever rats ring.

Ultimately it depends on what you like i can only give my opinion but if you are planning to play pvp then the choice may change. But your shield needs to be upgraded much more from a buckler + 10 if that is what your still using.

Edited by Phorus

Yes the mirdan hammer is arguably the best pole weapon available most players tend to use a blessed mirdan hammer +5 or a dragon mirdan hammer +5 but it does depend on your statistics to which upgrade path would be more suitable.

In addition to the mirdan hammer there are other pole weapons which are very useful including dragon halberd +5 and an upgraded sais. If you have high magic go for a moon or crescent mirdan hammer +5.

The falcion you are using is ok but that can be improved i don't know the base damage for the weapon but i wouldn't think the stats are better than a moon uchigatana +5 with your current magic.

Don't you use a kris knife +5? as this will dramatically increase your magic attacks. Stacked with the old turban and the ring of magical sharpness in soul form you will be a powerful mage even without the need for morion blade and the clever rats ring.

Ultimately it depends on what you like i can only give my opinion but if you are planning to play pvp then the choice may change. But your shield needs to be upgraded much more from a buckler + 10 if that is what your still using.

Nah, my main shield ended up being a Purple Flame Shield +10... couldn't find enough Cloudstone Chunks to really make a good Dark shield.

As far as the Falcion goes, that's just where I started my Darkmoonstone upgrade path -- I was just applying the upgrades to whatever I had lying around that would work, not necessarily what was the best / most powerful weapon to upgrade. Thankfully, since its Magical Attack power increased every time I raised my Magic stat, it wasn't really an issue... I just had to level up more than I normally would have.

As far as my Rings go, I ALWAYS had a Thief's Ring and a Cling Ring equipped when in Soul Form (which I tried to be in at all times to curb invasions), unless farming, when I'd have a Ring of Avarice instead of a Thief's Ring.

And I never even got the Turban... I tried getting it on my NG+, but couldn't connect to anyone else.

My equipment wasn't really top notch, but it got me my platinum so it got the job done. Still, I'd like the next character I build to be planned out a little better.

It really depends on what your main focus is going to be with a new build if you plan to level up to play pvp or do you wish to take the other route of co-op?

Invading is the most challenging in terms of your skill especially if the host has some helpers fortunately if you build your character right and you practice a lot you will be able to take out 3 challengers without dying which is the most impressive feat especially if they are chasing your ass.

Yes i can complete the game without armour and pretty bad equipment so you don't really need top quality equipment but if you want to survive online and hold your own against the best players in the world then that is another matter entirely.

Purple flame shield +10 is a brilliant shield but it depends on your build in demon's souls as to which equipment is best suited and what to upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man but i feel the layout needs to be improved so it is easier to understand as there is a lot of information to take in. But at least the info is there so i don't need to type it again :)

Still other things i need to add to this thread like the pictures and a few other things i need to flesh out but its getting there.

• 1 month later...

Character Creation/Progression

Starting Class - Temple Knight

Character Gender - Male

Soul Level - 4

Final Soul Level - 358

Opening Statistics

Vitality - 11

Willpower - 8

Endurance - 13

Strength - 14

Dexterity - 12

Magic - 6

Faith - 13

Luck - 7

Starting Equipment/Spells

Halberd (102 base damage/105 base damage when 2 handing)

Heater Shield (53 Hit Resistance)

Talisman of God

Complete set of Mirdan Armour

Miracle - Heal

Final Statistics

Vitality - 40

Willpower - 40

Endurance - 40

Strength - 99

Dexterity - 99

Magic - 10

Faith - 99

Luck - 8

Final Equipment

Shields - Purple Flame Shield + 10/Adjudicator Shield +5/Dark Silver Shield +5

Ranged Weapon - Viscous Compound Longbow +5 (White/Toad Eye/Fire) arrows.

Melee Weapons - Blessed Great Sword +5/Blessed Mirdan Hammer +5/Meat Cleaver/Dragon Great Axe +5

Talisman of Beasts

Brushwood Helmet/Ancient King's Breastplate/Brushwood Manifer/Ancient King's Leggings

Total Protection/One Time Revival/Cure or Slow Recovery/Cursed Weapon

Remarks

Some of you may be wondering why i have listed 3 shields for my favourite build the reason behind this is my character is versatile i can either choose the PFS+10 or i can switch it to the AS+5 for the health regeneration (stacking).

The Viscous with white arrows will ensure i can be as powerful in close combat as i am from distance. Most people will go for magic than bow and arrows but i prefer the arrows as its more agile/silent and cost effective.

Cursed Weapon is only used if i am wielding Meat Cleaver or if i want to buff my arrows. As for all the weapons i have listed my character is proficent with the majority of the best weapons in the game period. The only weapons which are not suitable are Lava Bow/Blueblood Sword etc..

Character Progression

This will be a step by step guide of how to develop this build which is essentially a Faith/Dex/Strength hybrid.

Additional information

Body Form:

Body form is your normal state where you have maximum life and you make noise while you move. The damage you inflict is less than the damage you would deal in soul form but in body form you have more health. So there are advantages and dis-advantages of these 2 states.

When you are in body form you can summon Blue Phantoms to aid you in battle but you can also be invaded by other players. If you are in soul form you have no fear of being invaded.

Soul Form:

If you die in body form in Demon's Soul's which you will do a lot you will then become a soul. Although you do more damage in soul form and don't make any noise while moving you will have reduced health therefore you can die in fewer hits if your not careful.

In order to revert back to human form you can either use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which you can find as treasure in several levels or you can buy them for 50,000 souls each. You can offer your services as a Blue Phantom by using the Blue Eye Stone and defeating the boss or if someone casts the spell Ressurection on you. The last option you have is to invade as a Black Phantom and kill the host.

Bloodstains:

Bloodstains are short replay animations of another players death therefore by replaying someones last 10 to 15 seconds of their life may ensure that you don't make the same mistake.

If your playing online you will see Red messages on the floor these have been left by other players. Messages can be rated if you found the information helpful. By recommending a message the player who left it wherever he is at will receive an on screen message and will have his health replenished.

However not all messages are helpful some people will purposely write messages to get you killed. I have seen several messages which are false. They usually say "take a step off the cliff for a treasure". I once saw a message on 1-2 before the first Red Dragon bridge saying it is safe to run through if you follow this you will be barbequed.

Pale White Ghosts:

If you are playing online you will see white ghosts running around the world around you. These are other players who are in the same area as you but you cannot interact with them in any shape or form.

My Itenary

Step 1 -Complete the Tutorial Level

It doesn't bare a huge significance if you fail to defeat the Tutorial Boss Vanguard but if you can than great the extra splinters and renowned souls will come in useful in upgrading your stats/weapons.

Step 2 - Complete Boletarian Palace (1-1)

It is vital that you pickup the following items from this level please see below:

Ring of Great Strength - Under the Blue Dragon's Tail

Purple Flame Shield - Under the Red Dragon

Cling Ring - After the Boulder has been pushed by the enemy proceed up the stairs and you will see a Blue Eyed Knight in the distance guarding a fog door. Just ahead of this is an archway follow the archway down to the bottom and pull the lever the Cling Ring is found on the corpse.

Jade Hair Ornament - After you have the Cling Ring head to the right just outside and collect the treasure on the 2nd corpse. Make sure you talk to Stockpile Thomas in the nexus and give him this item for the Ring of Herculean Strength which will come in useful for your visit to 2-1.

Thief's Ring - Near Ostrava

Brass Telescope - Given as a reward by Ostrava for killing the enemies below.

Special note: Can be traded to the crow in 4-1 for a Fragrant Ring

Step 3 - Complete Phalanx Archstone (1-2)

Items of importance are listed below:

Ring Of Poison Resistance - Found in the underground near the group of dogs

Wooden Catalyst - Top of Tower 1

Summarise thus far

Left Hand 1 - Heater Shield

Left Hand 2 - Wooden Cataylst

Right Hand 1 - Halberd +1 or +2 (Hardstone)

Right Hand 2 - Talisman of God

Ring 1 - Cling Ring

Ring 2 - Thief's Ring

Armour - Mirdan Set

Vitality - 14

Willpower - 14

Endurance - 13

Strength - 14

Dexterity - 13

Magic - 10

Faith - 13

Luck - 8

Soul level Range 15 - 20

Step 4 - Complete Shrine of Storms (4-1)

Items of Importance listed below:

Regenerator's Ring - Found on the otherside of the wall where you pickup the Talisman of God.

Adjudicator's Shield - Found Behind a Black Dual wielding Skeleton.

Crescent Falchion +1 - Found near a Black Dual wielding Skeleton near the start of the level.

Graverobber's Ring - Found on a platform before you head towards the boss.

Compound Longbow - Found near the Skeleton Archer note he is alone.

Talisman of God - Found to the right of the first fog entrance

Special note: Give to the crow in 4-1 for a Colourless Demon's Soul

Note: You can farm the 2 Crystal Gecko's here for Darkmoonstone Splinters/Chunks which can be used to upgrade the Crescent Falchion +1. You can kill these lizards 4 times each playthrough.

Edited by Phorus

Shortcuts of 4-1

Shortcut 1 - As soon as you start the level kill the first skeleton and proceed through the archway kill the skeletons here and the 2 standing at the top of the stairs.

Instead of proceeding through the fog door look to the left of the stairs and you will see a thin line of bricks and a piece of land near it. The technique is to line yourself up and run along the path and perform a roll to reach the land. On the other side of this is the first Black Wielding Skeleton where you will find the Crescent Falchion +1.

If you can do it you can proceed through the level without entering the first fog door therefore some invaders will be out of your reach as they will not be able to get past.

Credit to the youtube user stillchaos for uploading the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90i3463kN7Y&feature=related]YouTube- Demon's Souls ShortCut 4.1 Stillchaos[/ame]

Shortcut 2 - Ok once you are through the first fog entrance you need to go to the left through the alleyway. Head up the stairs to the top kill the skeletons here and continue to the other side again you will need to line yourself up with the wooden floor and you may need to perform a roll to get on the wall. When you descend the treasure at your feet is the Regenerator's Ring.

Credit to the youtube user byakokoko for uploading the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDnktksr0E&feature=related]YouTube- Demon's Souls - Shortcut in Shrine of Storms to Adjudicator[/ame]

Shortcut 3 - Probably the most less known shotcut of 4-1 here is how to do it. Ok once you have defeated Vanguard and you have proceeded through the fog door head up the stairs and you will see a ladder to your left. Climb up and take a look around you will see another thin ledge again the method is the same run along it and as soon as you reach the edge perform a roll. If done correctly you will be walking on the wall and are able to walk in the air simply walk towards the boss area and you will descend where the Graverobber's Ring is located.

Step 5 - Complete Stonefang Tunnel (2-1)

Items of importance listed below:

Crushing Battle Axe +1 - As soon as you have past the miners throwing boulders at you look to the right pull the lever and head outside. Ride the lift to the top and kill the Fat Minister and the 2 miners here and take the axe from the rubble.

Kris Knife - Just before you head down the elevator you will see wooden stairs follow the stairs across and collect the weapon.

Ring of Poison Resistance - Underneath the Waterfall inside a broken cell on a corpse.

Note: After you have completed this level you can purchase Splinters of Hardstone for your Halberd from the Vendor for 500 Souls each therefore if you have any remaining souls left you may want to invest in some materials.

Shortcut for future playthroughs

Credit to the youtube user enisle2004 for uploading the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpvQE36OBY]YouTube- Demon's Souls - Shortcut in 2-1[/ame]

Summarise so far

Ok at this point the following levels are completed 1-1/1-2/2-1/4-1 respectively at this stage you should still be using the Mirdan armour as normal. Your stats should look something like this:

Vitality -15

Willpower - 14

Endurance - 16

Strength - 15

Dexterity - 16

Magic - 10

Faith - 16

Luck - 8

Weapons and Equipment

Left Hand 1 - Heater Shield

Left Hand 2 - Wooden Catalyst

Right Hand 1 - Halberd +4

Right Hand 2 - Crescent Falchion +1 or +2

Step 6 - Valley Of Defilement (5-1)

Item of importance listed below:

Ring of Magical Dullness - This Ring can be found on the wooden platform by completing a series of successful drops through the holes in the wood the ring is guarded by 2 enemies so be careful.

Note: After the level is complete head to the nexus and talk to Blacksmith Boldwin and purchase a Dagger for 700 Souls and upgrade the blade with Hardstone to +3. After you have completed 2-2 upgrade the Dagger +3 with Clearstone.

Step 7 - Armour Spider Archstone (2-2)

Club - Found near Patches the Hyena

Pure Hardstone/Pure Sharpstone - Found on a corpse above the Crystal Gecko nest as you descend down the elevator you will see 2 Crystal Gecko's running to the left follow them all the way through the tunnel and you will see the nest.

Hand's of God - Just before you enter the boss fog to fight Flamelurker. Watch out for the 3 rock worms guarding the unique item.

Ring of Flame Resistance - Kill the bearbug near Patches the Hyena and then talk with him. Stand clear these guys will explode when they die.

Ring of Disease Resistance - This is found on a ledge as you take the right at the start of the level through the tunnel but you need to complete a series of successful drops to obtain it.

Great Axe - Found as a treasure through the first fog door to the right across the wooden platform.

Pure Dragonstone - Found in the Lava area but without high fire resistance you may want to come back to this at a later time.

Step 8 - Tower of Latria (3-1)

Silver Cataylst - Top of the first tower

Clever Rat's Ring - Near the machine firing arrows

Kite Shield (55 Hit Resistance) - Found on a corpse near the Silver Bracelet near the strange creature with a lot of legs.

Save Sage Freke the Visionary - Requires the Special Prison Key located to the tower right of the machine firing arrows. Saving Sage Freke will reward you with the unique weapon Geri's Stiletto.

Baby's Nail - Located in the boss area behind the coffin at the far end you will see a treasure pick it up to receive this unique weapon.

Note: Due to the Luck and Magic stats already maxed out for this build. You should continue progressingly to improve Faith/Dexterity/Strength or Vitality. You could keep Strength at 50 and invest the remaining levels in Vitality.

Edited by Phorus