Platinum Difficulty Compared to Dark Souls

Knave21

So I've played through and thoroughly enjoyed both Dark Souls and Dark Souls II, getting the platinum trophy for each. This game has been on my 'to play' list for a long time but friends I've spoken to have given me mixed ideas on how difficult this game (and the platinum) really is. Some say it's comparative to Dark Souls, some say it's far more difficult. Just figured I'd ask if there's anyone out there who's played through all three and can stack them up in terms of platinum difficulty?

I've only played Demon's Souls so I can't compare it to the other Souls games. However, if you have platinumed both Dark Souls 1 & 2 I highly doubt you'll have any trouble platinuming Demon's Souls. The only thing you'll have to pay attention to this time around is the character/world tendencies. There are plenty of guides out there that can help you with that aspect of the game though.

• 1 month later...

I'm going against the grain here but I found Dark Souls harder (8/10) than Demon's Souls (7/10).

The bosses are much more difficult than demon's souls (exception is Flamelurker - I've platinumed this game three times, beaten it 12 times and I still have never beaten him in a straight up melee fight - always thief's ring & soul Ray).

Dark Souls also has a more open world and you don't know where to go and in what order. That means you stumble into areas you aren't ready for and get raped.

• 1 month later...

Ive spend long hours in Dark Soul 1 (400+) as I really like the game. Than got back to Demon's Souls. Demon S is so much less polished and that's why you die much more often. I wouldnt call it more difficult just combat is not as fluent and you can get killed by many tiny glitches, but bosses in Demon's Souls are disappointment. So I would say, be prepared to be pissed off by dying by strange things, not exactly connected skill.

+ if you accept idea of item duping, you can get plat really quick. Didnt try DS2, waiting for PS4 version.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
World Tendencies and stuff are kind of a pain.

You must pay attention to that, really. However, it is nothing too complex, as reading some wiki articles gives you every single information you need.

I just LOVE the world tendencies/character tendencies mechanic. It was a shame that was taken off from Dark Souls (I know, it is just one single giant world... but there could have been Region Tendencies, who knows?)

• 5 weeks later...

To be honest I think the platinum is quite easy. There is a glitch you can find in YouTube to multiply items, which will help you to multiple bosses souls and purchase all miracles and spells for the trophies as well as boosting your stats, before going to final boss I had full white tendency (not that hard to achieve) and did all white tendency related stuff, then just killed myself over and over in spawning zone to do all dark related tendency stuff, then completed the last boss easily (Like I said soul duplicating helps a lot to make the platinum easier) and achieved platinum in one play.

P.S. For weapons and armour that I missed I also found a helping hand which gave me all the items I have missed and then I returned them, all the stone related stuff can be duplicated and shared easily, you only need to hold all weapons or armour to achieve the trophies.

Edited by Spinxas

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I've spent the most time on demons souls and my opinion is that this game is harder than the dark series. Flame lurker and Maneater will give u the most problems for bosses. However the Plat is harder simply because how you have to be lucky on obtaining pure stones.

Requiem is 100% right on the fact that relying on drops makes it a harder plat. I still say just because I started on Dark Souls that Demon was an easier game to play for me when I got to playing it. It is also remarkably shorter than the Dark Souls games were, or at least it felt that way.

This is how I saw the difficulty

Demon's > Bloodborne > DSI > SOTFS

Bloodborne only beats DSI because of the Amygdala in the chalice dungeon, also the final DLC boss in Bloodborne can be brutal, but this is only needed if you care about the 100%

granted I got the Platinums in this order

SOTFS, Bloodborne, DSI, Demon's Souls

The hardest thing in Demon's is the drop rate on the Pure Bladestone and other upgrade items, it becomes a grindfest. The need to you need to play through it 3 1/2 times to get the Boss souls for spells, miracles and special weapons is also a pain. One of these playthroughs, the first one, you need to stay offline for the world/character tendency items too.

Edited by EntropicDissent

• 4 weeks later...
This is how I saw the difficulty

Demon's > Bloodborne > DSI > SOTFS

Bloodborne only beats DSI because of the Amygdala in the chalice dungeon, also the final DLC boss in Bloodborne can be brutal, but this is only needed if you care about the 100%

granted I got the Platinums in this order

SOTFS, Bloodborne, DSI, Demon's Souls

The hardest thing in Demon's is the drop rate on the Pure Bladestone and other upgrade items, it becomes a grindfest. The need to you need to play through it 3 1/2 times to get the Boss souls for spells, miracles and special weapons is also a pain. One of these playthroughs, the first one, you need to stay offline for the world/character tendency items too.

I say Bloodborne's the easiest. I started on King's Field originally and then Demon's Souls when that came out. I had Hell on that game at first and then I figured out what I was doing wrong. Since then, Demon's Souls been a literal breeze. I play it when I feel like going through a Souls-like game but don't feel like working too hard. Dark Souls is what I rank as the hardest because I started on the Japanese unpatched version. Every patch made Dark Souls easier until it became as easy as Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls 2 wasn't very hard but much harder than all the other ones out right now, save for Dark Souls 3 since I haven't played it yet. But I heard it's THE hardest of the series and I'm really hoping it is.