Did I mess up?

ZOLANTON

Hello all. I am fairly new to Demon's Souls, in fact I started it a couple of days ago. So I went to the 2-2 World and came up to the place where Patches the Hyena was. Before even talking to him (I didn't know it was him since it's my first run) I went to kill that huge bug above him. The blast didn't kill him and now every time I speak to him he says "How did you do that?"

After dying accidentally I went to the Nexus to unload some ore I got and I didn't see him there. I went back to the area he was but he's not there either. I got the treasure (Club, Fire Resistance Ring).

So my question is if I messed up, because I didn't speak to him before killing the bug. And if I did, is there any way to make him appear again anywhere without going into NG+?

I just completed that stage (5-1), thankfully no enemies went close to the Filthy Woman. I think you have up until 3 hits on the NPCs before they turn hostile. Trophy-wise you are still ok, since she doesn't sell anything important and as long as you don't kill her, you'll be fine. When you go for Pure Black Character Tendency, feel free to kill her.

Yes I met him with no troubles at 4-2, it was weird that he didn't show up at the Nexus until then, that was a bit troublesome since I couldn't buy those awesome Heavy Arrows he sells.

Now I am almost at end game, only 1-4 left before I finish the game for the first time, one of the finest RPGs I've played. Can't wait for the ending and then NG+ :D