is it even possible to platinum demon's souls now?

discostu668

i thought they shut down the servers a few years ago... and i thought all of that tendency stuff partially relied on the online servers.

From what I understand the tendency stuff is only based on whether you die as a human (negative) or finish level sections (positive) in each world. You can follow one of the walkthrough of it and it basically says what you need to do for each thing. Online not required. :p

as people have already noted online play is not needed for platinum. there is one advantage of having online play available to you. one is that the world tendency is nearer pure white if you start a character while online, which means you're 1-2 boss fights away from pure white world tendency in every world. if you start a character offline, you'll be at neutral world tendency.

i happened to have bought my game xmas 2010. there was a pure white world tendency event going on with the servers so all of the worlds started off pure white. it's important to go offline once you achieve either pure black or white tendencies until you've accomplished all the events of those tendencies, because the servers will pull you towards center if you remain online.

Servers are still up and running :) I would highly recommend playing OFFLINE though, if you don't know what your doing you can get screwed out if pure white tendency and have to start over as happened to me. I would highly recommend playing offline till you get the trophies you need and then go crazy online :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I JUST got Platinum on this after a few weeks of playing (a lot). You can get the friend's ring (pure white character tendency) by killing 10 (2 playthroughs of all 5) named black phantoms. Then black character tendency is easy. Also the pure bladestone is where the real challenge comes in, I farmed hundreds of times before getting it at the end of last night's 6-hour youtube & farming session. Good luck! Hidden passage skeleton btw.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...