From 0 to Plat in 30 hours

Eternal21

I know there's a thread already, telling you how to plat this game in 10 hours, but it's not meant for beginners. I could easily follow it now that I've beaten the game, but when I first looked at it, I had not clue what to do. If you just want to get this game out of the way, check out the video guide in the link below. I followed the videos exactly, and got the plat in about 30 hours (of which 10 hours were spent watching the 14 videos). I basically had the video opened on my iPad - and did whatever the guy in the video did. I know it's cheap, but I just wanted to get this game over with.

The person in the video starts a new game, and plays until he gets the plat showing you each step, including duping method, and farming for stones.

Here are a few notes that will make the plat easier for you even with the video:

1. Always play offline (the guy says to play Online - but don't listen, just sign off before yous tart the game, when it asks you to sign in, click Circle to cancel, and then select Cancel to quit).

2. Don't bother killing the Vanguard (big fatty in the very beginning). It took me a bunch of retries to kill him, and in the end you don't even need to bother, since you kill him later for the trophy anyway. Just make sure, that if you go this route, to make a note to go downstairs and pick up all the required items when you get to Dragon God in later stage. It's right after you kill the Flame boss.

3. Don't bother killing the first Red Knight. Instead, just skip him, and when the guy in the video buys Evacuate Miracle, keep playing the level over and over (killing easier enemies) and return to Nexus each time, until you get 20,000 souls to be able to buy Evacuate yourself.

4. Towards the end, when you get to Mephistopheles missions - be weary of the Foe Ring glitch (see my post in this thread)

Ask any questions regarding the videos here, and I'll do my best to answer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCRtIaUmkY]Demon's Souls Platinum Trophy Guide 1 - Intro & Boletarian Palace - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Eternal21

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI man,

That's a great link, I will surely use it if I cannot find anybody to trade with.

Any suggestions with the missing trophies I have? Here's my trophies I have left to do: Cyanpower's Demon's Souls Trophies - PSNProfiles.com

Do you think you can help me with the missing trophies or that you can give me quick suggestions on what to skip and what to do?

Thank you.

Do you think you can help me with the missing trophies or that you can give me quick suggestions on what to skip and what to do?

Thank you.

I don't know what spells or miracles you still need, but there's no way to transfer those, so you'll need to play the game again anyway. If I were you I'd follow the 10 hour guide, since you beat the game before it should be easy for you to figure out.

Thanks for this! I beat the Vanguard with no difficulty but then instantly died on the Red Knight. :( I then stupidly forgot about the enemies respawning after I died, and was killed while trying to get back to the Red Knight.

Yup - don't bother with the red Knight. The only reason people kill him, is to get 3000 souls, but if you just kill all the other soft enemies on that map and return to Nexus, you'll get 1000 souls. So you're much better off to just repeat killing easy enemies 3 times. Once you get your 20000 souls use the duping method to start upgrading your stats.

Personally I find buying evacuate a waste of time in the beginning. And running around the first zone to build up souls to buy it is justa waste of time if you plan on duping from the get go anyway.

Pick up the archstones at the dragon nest, there are two, dupe them first. But if you really just want evacuate, use the archstones or Nexial Binding an dupe the Lead Demon soul from Phalanx, 1500 isn't much, but it is fastr than running the whole zone 10 times.

Pick up the archstones at the dragon nest, there are two, dupe them first. But if you really just want evacuate, use the archstones or Nexial Binding an dupe the Lead Demon soul from Phalanx, 1500 isn't much, but it is fastr than running the whole zone 10 times.

Following the videos, I only had to re-play the 1-1 world three times, because I lost all my souls with the red knight (at that point I didn't even know that you could pick them up). And while what you are saying is true - it doesn't follow the videos so newcomers will be lost, unless you provide specific step-by-step non-Evacuate duping instructions. Plus, replaying 1-1 is good intro training to get familiar with the controls anyway.

Non evacuate duping works the same. You just equip the archstone or nexial binding and hit the button at the same time you would evacuate, not complicated. :)

Not complicated for people that know what they're doing. Remember - we're talking people that are playing Demon's Souls for the first time. Everyone else should be just using the 10 hour guide.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this video !

I have a question please : i've died trying Beating Vanguard (tutorial), and i've died in Boletaria Palace, could you die and obtain the platinum or you never have to die ?

Yes, you can die. The only exception is later on, when you need pure white world tendencies to obtain certain items. The guy goes over it in the video. Basically you can die as long as you are not in human form, which means you need to suicide on purpose inside the nexus, before you go into the map.

Yes, you can die. The only exception is later on, when you need pure white world tendencies to obtain certain items. The guy goes over it in the video. Basically you can die as long as you are not in human form, which means you need to suicide on purpose inside the nexus, before you go into the map.

You know you are in soul form when your life is not full ?

Yes - which is when it's safe for you to die, because it doesn't bring world tendency down to black then.

Thanks for this clarification. But i don't understand because on his video, he died against Miralda.

And for me the door to go fight Miralda is locked. I've just died a few more times but i was in soul form (before fighting the phalanx).

Edited by Ashesheart

Thanks for this clarification. But i don't understand because on his video, he died against Miralda.

And for me the door to go fight Miralda is locked. I've just died a few more times but i was in soul form (before fighting the phalanx).

The door is open only if you either get pure white or pure black world tendency. If you die in human form you shift world tendency towards black, that's why it's better to play in soul form all the time just in case, when you still need tendency related trophies. You will need to shift tendency to white by killing a boss in that level:

World Tendency - Demon's Souls English Wiki

The door is open only if you either get pure white or pure black world tendency. If you die in human form you shift world tendency towards black, that's why it's better to play in soul form all the time just in case, when you still need tendency related trophies. You will need to shift tendency to white by killing a boss in that level:

So i really don't understand, i died a few times when i was in soul form (before beating Phalanx). Then i've beat the phalanx. I've got my human form again. I went back to the nexus to deposit some items and use the archstone to go the door and the door was closed. So i really don't understand what happen.

So i really don't understand, i died a few times when i was in soul form (before beating Phalanx). Then i've beat the phalanx. I've got my human form again. I went back to the nexus to deposit some items and use the archstone to go the door and the door was closed. So i really don't understand what happen.

Are you playing online or offline? If you're online then other players affect your tendency as well. That's why I recommended in my very first post to always play offline. Look at the link I posted:

There is a total of 8 black-white levels (from -4 to +3). You need to be at level +3 in order to be in pure white tendency. From the article looks like you can kill a dragon for another +1 later on.

Edited by Eternal21

Are you playing online or offline? If you're online then other players affect your tendency as well. Look at the link I posted:

There is a total of 8 black-white levels (from -4 to +3). You need to be at level +3 in order to be in pure white tendency. From the article looks like you can kill a dragon for another +1 later on.

I've always played offline, i've started a new game yesterday and never go online when i was on the game. Thanks for the previous link, i understand how the leve white-black work. The red dragon in Boletarian Palace is hard to kill no ? And if i died (i'm in human form) it will change my WT ?

Edited by Ashesheart