XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
TeamRKO

Default quick question

Even though I've been playing this for some time I have yet to turn in any of my Lead Demon's Souls for high level spells or miracles because I'm I am unsure of wether or not they are one time use or not. I know that I'll need to do it twice for the Sage's Trophy because of Yuira and Freke's needing the souls, but if for example I give Freke the Old Monk's soul (homing soul arrow) will I be unable to give that soul to Saint Urbain for Banish miracle on the same playthrough?

I figure this is quite the noobish question and the answer should be to just pick something and play on but oh well. I guess I'm the type that likes to know the outcomes of the choices before he makes them =p
~Data-share requests will be deleted. Do the work yourself

TeamRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
MMDE
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Duplicate it and you can use it to whatever you want.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dem...-possible.html
Same with all souls, stones, arrows and greens. Don't abuse it to overlevel though, just makes the game boring, and you can't really PvP anymore.

Last edited by MMDE; 01-02-2012 at 07:38 PM.
MMDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Norieaga

I need to try this duping stuff. I've also been wondering how to use the boss souls.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
TeamRKO

awsome, I knew I was going to use the duping trick for the "best weapon using X stone" but I wasn't sure I could do it with the lead demon's souls. I totally agree that I don't want to make the game too easy but I don't mind cutting out a few xtra playthroughs this way. thanks for the quick reply.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
MMDE
Banned

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRKO View Post
awsome, I knew I was going to use the duping trick for the "best weapon using X stone" but I wasn't sure I could do it with the lead demon's souls. I totally agree that I don't want to make the game too easy but I don't mind cutting out a few xtra playthroughs this way. thanks for the quick reply.
It's good if you want to make and test various PvP builds!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
CatNZ

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

the duping method is VERY easy... but a couple of tips when you're learning:

1) make sure Thomas doesn't have whatever you're duping. if he has 1 of that item, it won't dupe.

2) learn to dupe with something trivial, like arrows or grasses. dupe boss souls & stones once you're confident.

I prefer using Nexus Ring, that means I can dupe right after finishing 1-1 without spending 20k on Evacuate.
CatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
TeamRKO

Good call, I don't wanna risk any of my pure stones or whatever else I have without really mastering the duping craft first. In the end I'm gonna need a 2nd playthrough anyways because I accidentally messed up my WT while trying to do the quest for Selen Vinland but at least I have the Vinland Crest for when I see her next. Man this game is awsome.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
CatNZ

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

at least WT will carry over to NG+, so you won't need to clear all of world5 to visit PWWT Selen
CatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
TeamRKO

very true, but I was planning on doing PBWT on this playthrough for the Mephistopheles (or whatever) for the Foe ring and pure Bladestone. Not to mention I whiffed on my chance to get the Pure Darkmoonstone in 4-2 and 4-3 (stupid fast suicidal lizards!). I'm feeling another playthrough is inevitable and really I'm kinda excited cause this time around I'm ready for it.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
MMDE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRKO View Post
very true, but I was planning on doing PBWT on this playthrough for the Mephistopheles (or whatever) for the Foe ring and pure Bladestone. Not to mention I whiffed on my chance to get the Pure Darkmoonstone in 4-2 and 4-3 (stupid fast suicidal lizards!). I'm feeling another playthrough is inevitable and really I'm kinda excited cause this time around I'm ready for it.
You should get PWWT first, not the other way around. Takes two playthroughs to correct it otherwise, or there is a way around, but it's long and not sure if works. (affected by the server online)