quick question

TeamRKO

Even though I've been playing this for some time I have yet to turn in any of my Lead Demon's Souls for high level spells or miracles because I'm I am unsure of wether or not they are one time use or not. I know that I'll need to do it twice for the Sage's Trophy because of Yuira and Freke's needing the souls, but if for example I give Freke the Old Monk's soul (homing soul arrow) will I be unable to give that soul to Saint Urbain for Banish miracle on the same playthrough?

I figure this is quite the noobish question and the answer should be to just pick something and play on but oh well. I guess I'm the type that likes to know the outcomes of the choices before he makes them =p

Duplicate it and you can use it to whatever you want.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/demons-souls/98639-self-duping-now-possible.html

Same with all souls, stones, arrows and greens. Don't abuse it to overlevel though, just makes the game boring, and you can't really PvP anymore.

Edited by MMDE

awsome, I knew I was going to use the duping trick for the "best weapon using X stone" but I wasn't sure I could do it with the lead demon's souls. I totally agree that I don't want to make the game too easy but I don't mind cutting out a few xtra playthroughs this way. thanks for the quick reply.

It's good if you want to make and test various PvP builds! :)

the duping method is VERY easy... but a couple of tips when you're learning:

1) make sure Thomas doesn't have whatever you're duping. if he has 1 of that item, it won't dupe.

2) learn to dupe with something trivial, like arrows or grasses. dupe boss souls & stones once you're confident.

I prefer using Nexus Ring, that means I can dupe right after finishing 1-1 without spending 20k on Evacuate.

Good call, I don't wanna risk any of my pure stones or whatever else I have without really mastering the duping craft first. In the end I'm gonna need a 2nd playthrough anyways because I accidentally messed up my WT while trying to do the quest for Selen Vinland but at least I have the Vinland Crest for when I see her next. Man this game is awsome.

very true, but I was planning on doing PBWT on this playthrough for the Mephistopheles (or whatever) for the Foe ring and pure Bladestone. Not to mention I whiffed on my chance to get the Pure Darkmoonstone in 4-2 and 4-3 (stupid fast suicidal lizards!). I'm feeling another playthrough is inevitable and really I'm kinda excited cause this time around I'm ready for it.

very true, but I was planning on doing PBWT on this playthrough for the Mephistopheles (or whatever) for the Foe ring and pure Bladestone. Not to mention I whiffed on my chance to get the Pure Darkmoonstone in 4-2 and 4-3 (stupid fast suicidal lizards!). I'm feeling another playthrough is inevitable and really I'm kinda excited cause this time around I'm ready for it.

You should get PWWT first, not the other way around. Takes two playthroughs to correct it otherwise, or there is a way around, but it's long and not sure if works. (affected by the server online)

You should get PWWT first, not the other way around. Takes two playthroughs to correct it otherwise, or there is a way around, but it's long and not sure if works. (affected by the server online)

yeah server-based tendencies is his other solution, but only Atlus does it for their NA servers... so EU & Asia players are shit outta luck with that :o

server tendency events don't happen that often anyway. I believe Atlus only does:

PWWT - Demon's Souls NA release. 6 October until 31st

PBWT - Halloween, 31st October for 2 weeks.

PWWT - Christmas, (starts Saturday prior to Christmas), until Christmas.

but outside of tendency events... I think online tendencies are often rather white, if not PWWT, and rarely PBWT. is that about right? :p

yeah server-based tendencies is his other solution, but only Atlus does it for their NA servers... so EU & Asia players are shit outta luck with that :o

server tendency events don't happen that often anyway. I believe Atlus only does:

PWWT - Demon's Souls NA release. 6 October until 31st

PBWT - Halloween, 31st October for 2 weeks.

PWWT - Christmas, (starts Saturday prior to Christmas), until Christmas.

but outside of tendency events... I think online tendencies are often rather white, if not PWWT, and rarely PBWT. is that about right? :p

No, I meant the servers affect your WT whenever you enter the world if you play online! :p Just like it can screw up your WT, then it sure gets lighter if it's pure black.

No, I meant the servers affect your WT whenever you enter the world if you play online! :p Just like it can screw up your WT, then it sure gets lighter if it's pure black.

yeah... think server tendency does affect your own, by a notch or so. but it's not a bad thing if server pushes your WT towards white ;) you just need to suicide more if you happen to want PBWT.

it would be more unfortunate if server pushes your WT towards black though, but I rarely see server tendency being black or PBWT, unless during special events.

well after reading all those back-and-forth posts between you guys I can say I'm thoroughly confused as to the idea of WT. I thought I had it down pretty well but guess I got some reading to do. I did just take part in that PWWT event that ended this past week, unfortunatly it ended about 40 mins before I was able to reach Maiden Astraea (which is the catalyst for the whole Vinland quest).

My biggest headscratcher was when I beat her and went back in after BP Garl Vinland I forgot to suicide in the Nexus and lets just say he wasn't too happy to see me. Thats where this whole post kinda got off the ground, but now I'm finding out more and more as I (and the thread) go along.

Speaking of which: when I was in that PWWT event I spoke to the Monumental trying to get the Friend's Ring but the most I got out of him/her was the mention about the Pantheon upstairs. Granted I had barely been past the 2nd section of the majority of the worlds but I was confused on that too.

A ha, I might have answered my question...maybe. I read up a little and figured that in the WT section in the DS menu, the statue in the middle is my character tendancy. That statue is rather neutral looking (according to a post elsewhere here it would be glowing somewhat if I was PWCT or darkened while PBCT, and if the former I'd be able to get the friend's ring.

Unfortunatly there aren't many ways to advance from neutral towards PWCT other than killing invading BPs and I've only seen one in my time (during the Old Monk fight).

A ha, I might have answered my question...maybe. I read up a little and figured that in the WT section in the DS menu, the statue in the middle is my character tendancy. That statue is rather neutral looking (according to a post elsewhere here it would be glowing somewhat if I was PWCT or darkened while PBCT, and if the former I'd be able to get the friend's ring.

Unfortunatly there aren't many ways to advance from neutral towards PWCT other than killing invading BPs and I've only seen one in my time (during the Old Monk fight).

your CT, as well as the 5 WTs, are all independent of each other.

the best way to whiten your CT, is to kill NPC BPs.... there's 1 NPC BP per world, and they only appear when that world is in PBWT. sometimes you also need to visit their "normal" form first in PWWT, in order to make their BP appear.

so... the best way to go about tendencies in DeS, is:

1) complete each world by killing it's bosses. once the final boss of the world is killed, that world should become PWWT.

2) do PWWT events in that world, be it obtaining an item, speaking to NPC or whatever.

(the above 2 steps have NOTHING to do with your CT, it's merely to get PWWT events/items done)

3) once you're done with all the worlds' PWWT events... you go commit body-form suicide inside each world, until they become PBWT.

4) go kill the BPs in each of the worlds. your CT should whiten up by a shade each time you kill a BP.

if you have it done correctly... before facing the end boss, you should have PWCT, and 5 worlds should be rid of their respective BP.

yeah MMDE, please do make that guide soon...

I do love helping people out, but having to try recite the same WT/CT lesson every 2 months, when a new wave of gamers dip their toes in DeS??? it's becoming a little repetitive.

and TeamRKO, you should try using the forum's search function :) tendency is a very fundamental and important concept in DeS... and it's been asked & answered in numerous threads :)

but 2 very important notes of reassurance & comfort:

1) you CAN NOT f'up your CT if you never attack an NPC who doesn't attack you first. Yurt in 3-2 is the only exception to this rule, kill him as soon as you free him.

2) you CAN NOT f'up any WT, if you never die in body-form in a world.

you should only contradict those 2 points by deliberate action, preferably towards the END of your playthrough... because hopefully by then, you would understand how tendency works, and have already explored unique WT/CT events :)

I gotta say first off thanks to all you guys providing instant help to whatever was asked here. It is funny how to a certain point a lot of this stuff I knew because whenever I play DeS I have my laptop right in front of me with 1: the ps3t trophy guide 2: collection guide 3: the DeS Tendancy FAQ and 4: The official DeS Wiki.

I think where I fell off the train with the whole Tendancy FAQ is that it describes not only everything about tendancy (PW/PB, WT & CT) but all the corresponding events that take place and other great info. I think I got lost in there amongst all the great info.

For what its worth I probably would have used the forum search tools for this particular piece of info had it been the thread topic but since this was just a question extended off of the original thread, I figured I'd just milk your brains a bit more :sorry:

not a problem :) you're completely entitled to ask away any question, that's what this forum and people like us are for :) even if we just throw some links to previous threads under the same topic ;)

when I first played DeS, I probably spent 3 time the hours researching, before I actually achieved anything in-game. same goes with DS :p and I too always have a laptop with handy web resources nearby.

but nothing beats the help and advice from real players huh? I understand too, it's a comfort thing :)

and I was overwhelmed by tendency information too, it's hard for the wiki to mention the mechanism without relating to their the unique events... but when you look past additional details, tendency becomes a very straightforward concept :) once you understand that, you can easily manipulate tendency, and start triggering unique events for yourself :)