Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Michelasso

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry Just great. My DS trophies reset.

Yesterday I started DS again. I was already at 65%, just missing the all spells/miracles/rings trophies other than some best weapons. Since my PS3 died few months ago I had to restart DS from scratch. I played the game, killed the first Demon and.. "DING!"?? The first trophy appeared! This obviousy due to the PSN off-line.

I know that with the exploits I can plat the game in 20 hours or so, but is it safe to assume that when PSN will be up the old trophies will be correctly resynched? Did anyone have a similar experience playing offline previously because of any reason (ISP down, not signed in the PSN to avoid multiplayer, etc.)? I just hope this won't mess up everything.
Michelasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
leowtyx

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Gold   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Probably won't.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Figma

Send a message via Skype™ to Figma

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Platinum   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   5,000 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   SOTM Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

When psn is back just sync and they come back.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
jp_728

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

you don't need to worry about it. the sync will fix everything. it's happened to me before on 2 ps3s and it syncs up properly. no worries.
jp_728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
LeroySHANKTON

Send a message via MSN to LeroySHANKTON Send a message via Yahoo to LeroySHANKTON

it happens to me a lot when i play games offline i just go back online and sync them and you'll get all your trophies back...
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Tetsujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
Yesterday I started DS again. I was already at 65%, just missing the all spells/miracles/rings trophies other than some best weapons. Since my PS3 died few months ago I had to restart DS from scratch. I played the game, killed the first Demon and.. "DING!"?? The first trophy appeared! This obviousy due to the PSN off-line.
No, this is due to your PS3 being a new one. The trophy data isn't carried over to new PS3 system so when you start a game, the trophies will be back to 0%...until you sync with the server, which restores the trophy data.

I got a new PS3 and the trophies for all my games were reset upon playing them for the first time on the new system (while the PSN was still online).

Basically after getting a new PS3 and syncing with the server for the first time my trophy list was back up but everytime I played a game it would reset the trophy list for that particular game until I synced once more.

Last edited by Tetsujin; 05-01-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #7
Michelasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsujin View Post
No, this is due to your PS3 being a new one. The trophy data isn't carried over to new PS3 system so when you start a game, the trophies will be back to 0%...until you sync with the server, which restores the trophy data.
Not quite. the trophies have been synched already dozens of times. I had 65% locally in DS. After the first trophy it went back to 1%. But other people wrote that they had the same issue and the resynch worked correctly. Well, let's hope so. It should be a matter of a couple of days to check.

Thank everyone for answering.
Michelasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
the_requiem

Trophy info is stored locally as well as on servers. As long as PSN "maintenance" didn't wipe out trophy sync information, you should get them back when you sync your trophies. I can only imagine the rage if folks suddenly find out their trophies have gone to 0/0/0/0.

*** Blank friend requests will be deleted ***
the_requiem's Borderlands 2 Community Service thread [currently not available, not playing BL2 anymore]
the_requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
zer0surge

A similar thing happened to me when I backed up then upgraded my drive (same PS3 as before).
You should be fine.
Since my upgrade if I load up a new game, even ones with platinum, the trophies reset to 0% until I go online to synch again, after which it's back to normal. But just for that one game. Gotta do it for each game I'm working on.

It should take into account the new trophies earned offline, too.
From what I read somewhere, trophies are time and date stamped so they can see who's gone from 0% to 100% in a minute, for example.

In the meantime, just enjoy hearing the ding whenever you kill a boss again