How do people do the pitch?

mattybell2117

I just can't hit the pitch. I mean I'm not a singer at all but I kinda wanted to try a game like this cuz I kno the lyrics to some of these songs and although I probably could sing those catchy radio tunes better I wanted to try this. For instance on "I put on" I got 89% lyrics, 91% timing but 16% pitch :( (on hard but even easy is no different. Good lyrics and timing but awful pitch). I'm always Wack!

I just can't hit the pitch. I mean I'm not a singer at all but I kinda wanted to try a game like this cuz I kno the lyrics to some of these songs and although I probably could sing those catchy radio tunes better I wanted to try this. For instance on "I put on" I got 89% lyrics, 91% timing but 16% pitch :( (on hard but even easy is no different. Good lyrics and timing but awful pitch). I'm always Wack!

It takes getting used to, but I'd recommend starting on Easy if you are that far off on Pitch. You can try out some random voices too (higher or lower tones than you normally sing/rap). I had to do that on a few songs to get 5 mics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yea I'm having the same problem.. I'm at 296/305 mics!! The few songs that I have left all have long shitty singing parts, especially the two N'DUBZ tracks which are driving me insane.. I get 94-95% on lyrics and timing! Pitch is like 40-50% and I'm getting 2 mics!! It's a joke and sooo frustrating.. I get my girlfriend to sing the chorus/singing parts and it's like 75-80% pitch but the N'DUBZ track "your the 1" has so much changing between rap/singing we end up fucking up on lyrics and timing! Can't win! Does the US version have these tracks? Any tips please..

I'm now on 302/305 mics! The last 2 tracks I need to do are "tinchy stryder-number 1" which I can only get 3 mics, and believe to be the hardest track even though it's on stage 1 of career mode! The other track is on stage 2 "N'DUBZ-I need you" I have managed 4 mics on this so getting close! I noticed on the forums people said to change your voice to hit the correct pitch which helped me to finish off some other tracks, but these last 2 are fucking irritating!! Unless you can change your voice to sound like a chipmunk you ain't got a chance in hell! The rap/singing and pitch up/down is all over the place in these tracks! No matter what voice I use high or low I can hit the pitch it's s joke!! And yes this is the uk version of the game!

• 5 months later...

Pitch is pretty easy in most singing games. However it's horrible in this game because sometimes the song expects you to sing all the parts, whereas in the actual song it's sung by at least two people. For example, "I need you" by N-Dubz, it has a male and female part - and during the song, the female vocal jumps in a split second before the male has even finished lol, and somehow we're expected to sing both parts.

Why can't we choose which part to sing, as SingStar allows it. I don't mind singing female vocals, but not straight after running out of breath on the male vocal part.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The US version doesn't have any N'DUBZ tracks. Is this on the UK version? I'm beginning to wonder if other countries versions might be easier or more difficult than others...

The UK version has tracks exclusive to the UK and by Britsh artists, such as Bashy, Dizzie Rascal, Tinie Tempah and those POS' N-Dubz, and believe me man, those N-Dubz tunes (especially the Pitch) are a bitch to master.

I didn't want to rap to these no-hopers, I wanted Wu-Tang, Twista, Big Pun and ICE CUBE BABY but they're only in the US version :mad:

I'm now on 302/305 mics! The last 2 tracks I need to do are "tinchy stryder-number 1" which I can only get 3 mics, and believe to be the hardest track even though it's on stage 1 of career mode! The other track is on stage 2 "N'DUBZ-I need you" I have managed 4 mics on this so getting close! I noticed on the forums people said to change your voice to hit the correct pitch which helped me to finish off some other tracks, but these last 2 are fucking irritating!! Unless you can change your voice to sound like a chipmunk you ain't got a chance in hell! The rap/singing and pitch up/down is all over the place in these tracks! No matter what voice I use high or low I can hit the pitch it's s joke!! And yes this is the uk version of the game!

Those 2 songs pissed me the fuck off, they are so annoying and aren't even rap or hip-hop - it's crap to your ears. I finally got them both and ended up with a sore throat so you have been warned man lol