Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.83

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I voted an 8, due to the 2 online community video trophies, rest of the games ez currently @70% n bout 5hrs of gameplay

We're not interested in whether you can get "most" of the trophies in a few hours. We want to know how hard it is to get the platinum. For example, Fallout 3 platinum takes about 50 hours... but it's an easy platinum... whereas Mirror's Edge could arguably be done in 12 hours, but it certainly ain't an easy ride.

We're not interested in whether you can get "most" of the trophies in a few hours. We want to know how hard it is to get the platinum. For example, Fallout 3 platinum takes about 50 hours... but it's an easy platinum... whereas Mirror's Edge could arguably be done in 12 hours, but it certainly ain't an easy ride.

He did vote based on the platinum, which is why he gave it an 8 even though he got most of the trophies in five hours. Unless you think an 8 is an easy platinum, or maybe you're just being "ironic" again?

He did vote based on the platinum, which is why he gave it an 8 even though he got most of the trophies in five hours. Unless you think an 8 is an easy platinum, or maybe you're just being "ironic" again?

He says he's at 70%, so therefore doesn't have the platinum yet. A vote of 8 suggests the game is harder than Lego Rock Band... but we'll see. 1% have platinum in Lego Rock Band. If Rapstar gets more than 1% of gamers with platinum, it's realistically not an 8.

Having said that, Call of Duty: World at War averages an 8, but 16% have the platinum... again, can't realistically be that difficult if 1 in 6 people have the platinum!

I'm considering getting this game because I like some hip hop (more old style than new) and rap. I don't mind not getting the platinum, but if it's going to be as hard as Lego Rock Band then I'm not going to bust a gut going for it lol. :D

well i wish i could have changed my vote tho now that i have plat, but the only reason is cuz the online singstarish trophies r glitched n a good way & u can boost'um yourself on a sub-account, but if this was patched it would b an 8, due 2 the online communities lack of rating & viewing & the Twista challenge, the rest is based on your music knowledge of the tracks featured in the game

Edited by Portlandridah

well i wish i could have changed my vote tho now that i have plat, but the only reason is cuz the online singstarish trophies r glitched n a good way & u can boost'um yourself on a sub-account, but if this was patched it would b an 8, due 2 the online communities lack of rating & viewing & the Twista challenge, the rest is based on your music knowledge of the tracks featured in the game

SingStar itself has a sort of good glitch in that you can view your own media as many times as you like, and it all counts. Just as well, since you need 8,000 fricking views for one of the SingStar trophies!

What would you say the difficulty is, now that you have the platinum (compared to, say, SingStar or the Disney Sing It games)?

He says he's at 70%, so therefore doesn't have the platinum yet. A vote of 8 suggests the game is harder than Lego Rock Band... but we'll see. 1% have platinum in Lego Rock Band. If Rapstar gets more than 1% of gamers with platinum, it's realistically not an 8.

Having said that, Call of Duty: World at War averages an 8, but 16% have the platinum... again, can't realistically be that difficult if 1 in 6 people have the platinum!

I'm considering getting this game because I like some hip hop (more old style than new) and rap. I don't mind not getting the platinum, but if it's going to be as hard as Lego Rock Band then I'm not going to bust a gut going for it lol. :D

He based his rating on the two community trophies and he was right. In fact, I'd say it'd maybe even be a 9 because getting 200 ratings on one video let alone an average of 4 stars is almost impossible right now. An 8 doesn't mean the platinum is impossible. With only 16% of people having the WAW platinum, I'd say an 8 is entirely fair.

All the rest of the trophies were easy for me and I did them all on Hard.

He based his rating on the two community trophies and he was right. In fact, I'd say it'd maybe even be a 9 because getting 200 ratings on one video let alone an average of 4 stars is almost impossible right now. An 8 doesn't mean the platinum is impossible. With only 16% of people having the WAW platinum, I'd say an 8 is entirely fair.

All the rest of the trophies were easy for me and I did them all on Hard.

SingStar has a trophy that requires 1,000 ratings with at least an average of 4 out of 5. Yes, more people play SingStar, but it's the case that your media will fall off the radar in seconds as soon as you upload it because a shedload of people are uploading media every minute. On average, I was getting fewer than 10 views/ratings for media. The most highly rated videos were usually chicks with tight tops, or some kid prattling around like a maniac.

There's a boosting method for the SingStar groups which means people can get the 1,000 ratings in just two weeks; so 200 ratings would be even easier.

So aside from the ratings trophy in Rapstar, are the other trophies as hard or harder? If not, I don't consider this an 8 difficulty. Ratings trophies are time consuming if you boost them with extra PSN accounts - but time consuming does not equal "difficult".

Even if you get the 1,000 4* ratings trophy in SingStar, you still have to tackle two other very difficult trophies (and that's why 0.26% have the platinum in SingStar).

I'm trying to gauge the real difficulty (as opposed to "perceived" difficulty) of Rapstar. If Portlandridah got the platinum in just a week or two, it's either because he's a god in that game (just like grimydawg and co are in Guitar Hero/Rock Band), or the game just isn't that hard. I would even bet that Disney Sing It Pop Hits is harder than Rapstar.

By the way, not sure why you think 16% for WAW is considered an 8 rating, and that it's a fair rating. Something like 5% have the platinum in Guitar Hero 5, yet that's consider quite a lot easier than WAW. Somehow, I think people's perception of difficulty is a bit skew.

Edited by squodge

SingStar has a trophy that requires 1,000 ratings with at least an average of 4 out of 5. Yes, more people play SingStar, but it's the case that your media will fall off the radar in seconds as soon as you upload it because a shedload of people are uploading media every minute. On average, I was getting fewer than 10 views/ratings for media. The most highly rated videos were usually chicks with tight tops, or some kid prattling around like a maniac.

There's a boosting method for the SingStar groups which means people can get the 1,000 ratings in just two weeks; so 200 ratings would be even easier.

So aside from the ratings trophy in Rapstar, are the other trophies as hard or harder? If not, I don't consider this an 8 difficulty. Ratings trophies are time consuming if you boost them with extra PSN accounts - but time consuming does not equal "difficult".

Even if you get the 1,000 4* ratings trophy in SingStar, you still have to tackle two other very difficult trophies (and that's why 0.26% have the platinum in SingStar).

I'm trying to gauge the real difficulty (as opposed to "perceived" difficulty) of Rapstar. If Portlandridah got the platinum in just a week or two, it's either because he's a god in that game (just like grimydawg and co are in Guitar Hero/Rock Band), or the game just isn't that hard. I would even bet that Disney Sing It Pop Hits is harder than Rapstar.

By the way, not sure why you think 16% for WAW is considered an 8 rating, and that it's a fair rating. Something like 5% have the platinum in Guitar Hero 5, yet that's consider quite a lot easier than WAW. Somehow, I think people's perception of difficulty is a bit skew.

Well, for people who don't boost, this platinum is an 8 if not higher. I don't rate platinums based on how easy you can boost trophies because I don't boost. That's like rating the Socom platinum a 1 because you can glitch it and get it without any effort.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can search Singstar media by user, right? Which makes getting those trophies easier because you can promote your videos. There is no search function here, which means you can't promote your videos.

Only 5% of people have the Guitar Hero 5 platinum because a lot of people buy that game just to play for fun and don't give a shit about getting the platinum. These aren't good stats to use to defend your point because not everyone is going for the platinum.

I don't see how you're arguing with us about the platinum difficulty when you don't even have the game.

If you want to know the difficulty of all of the rest of the trophies besides the community ones, then ask that, but like you said, this thread is about the difficulty of the platinum, not just the offline trophies.

Edited by pacman919

Only 5% of people have the Guitar Hero 5 platinum because a lot of people buy that game just to play for fun and don't give a shit about getting the platinum. These aren't good stats to use to defend your point because not everyone is going for the platinum.

I don't see how you're arguing with us about the platinum difficulty when you don't even have the game.

If you want to know the difficulty of all of the rest of the trophies besides the community ones, then ask that, but like you said, this thread is about the difficulty of the platinum, not just the offline trophies.

You're right, not everyone is going for the GH5 platinum. But then, not everyone is going for platinum in any game. The stats do balance out because of that fact.

I'll tell you something... everyone said that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was "impossible" and "definitely a 10" when it first came out. But after a couple of months, people started getting the platinum. Now a higher percentage have platinum for NGS2 than Lego Rock Band. So which is the harder game? And yes, I agree that not everyone is going for platinum - and that's for any game.

I'm allowed to speculate on the platinum difficulty even if I don't have the game because Portlandridah voted it 8, and then got the platinum quite soon afterwards. My speculation is based on what people have said.

On the flipside, almost everyone said Lego Rock Band was a "piece of piss" based on how the trophy set looked. Yet, it has one of the lowest percentages of platinum. Again, the stats do balance out, primarily because I'm looking at percentage and not absolute numbers.

And finally, the stats can be used comparatively well because it's only stats of people who are registered on these websites. That means the stats belong to people who are either trophy hunters or trophy whores. It doesn't include the big wide world, otherwise the rankings would say something like "rank x out of 10,000,000 in the world" on these websites, but it's more like "rank x out of 50,000".

In retrospect and for balance - are the community trophies in Rapstar harder to get than the non-community ones? And if they are harder, then is it "nearly impossible" to get them without boosting? And if you do boost for them, is the platinum then still quite hard for most people (e.g. even if you boost SingStar, most people have trouble getting 2 of the non-community trophies)?

I'm sorry if I sound argumentative, but I just don't accept a game's difficulty rating when someone rates it an 8, and then gets the platinum soon afterwards. And yes, I do see boosting and game guides as an acceptable way towards getting a platinum. You might not, in which case I'm not even sure why you're on this forum?

It all really depends on your music knowledge, if u dnt know Rap it might b hard, speciallly the Twista challenge, earing 305mics n the difficulty trophies and since the fan trick dnt work , & I do know my Hip-Hop very well so i breezed thru the game because it was so fun 4 me to combine 2 of my fav hobbies, I'd give it a 6 currently , but if they ever patched the glitched community trophies i'd change it back 2 an 8, like Pacman said no search feature and the fact that the website and the videos on the games have diff views/ratings makes it even more confusing to obtain, but as it stands currently u can do it yourself makin it piss ez and i dnt think ur aguementive squodge4 jus askin ?s and thats the only way you'll know 4 sure, if u want u can PM anymore ?s cuz i think we should try & put this thread back on track

also to b noted that only 2 ppl have plat so far on this game currently ANUBUSNYC and myself, so after a week not as many ppl as I assumed would have it, possiple justifyin my rating?

Edited by Portlandridah

It all really depends on your music knowledge, if u dnt know Rap it might b hard, speciallly the Twista challenge, earing 305mics n the difficulty trophies and since the fan trick dnt work , & I do know my Hip-Hop very well so i breezed thru the game because it was so fun 4 me to combine 2 of my fav hobbies, I'd give it a 6 currently , but if they ever patched the glitched community trophies i'd change it back 2 an 8, like Pacman said no search feature and the fact that the website and the videos on the games have diff views/ratings makes it even more confusing to obtain, but as it stands currently u can do it yourself makin it piss ez and i dnt think ur aguementive squodge4 jus askin ?s and thats the only way you'll know 4 sure, if u want u can PM anymore ?s cuz i think we should try & put this thread back on track

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out in the UK. I'll send you a PM if I'm having any problems with the game!!

also to b noted that only 2 ppl have plat so far on this game currently ANUBUSNYC and myself, so after a week not as many ppl as I assumed would have it, possiple justifyin my rating?

I only came across the game because of this website actually, there's been no advertising of it unlike the GH/RB/DJ Hero games. And it's not even out in EU/UK, but yeah we'll see. I actually hope it's not a piss easy platinum, as that'll spoil it somewhat. Something on a par with RB2 would be nice, i.e. challenging and tricky, but not impossible - and certainly not a walk in the park.

I'm still confused as to why you think someone cant rate the platinum an 8 and then get the platinum? I rated the Yakuza 3 platinum an 8 when I was close to getting it and I still got it. A platinum rating of 8 does not mean the platinum is impossible to get. Furthermore, you should not be comparing a singing game to a rhythm game. They are 2 different skill sets.

But anyways, if you boost the community trophies, then this is like a 3 or 4.

I'm on this site to get tips on getting my trophies legitimately, I'm not on here to find boosting partners or find out about cheats and glitches. I hate when people think you shouldn't be on this site if you're not willing to do whatever you can to get a trophy.

pacman919: No worries, I know people use the site for different reasons. I'm on here pretty much for the same reasons as you. I did do boosting last year, but it felt more tedious than just enjoying the game as it was meant to be played.

I've compared this to SingStar... not sure why you think SingStar is a rhythm game. Lots of people can't Beat Bravo (I've come close). But I think Disney Sing It Pop Hits is possibly even harder than SingStar... people originally rated that very low, mainly because it had the word "Disney", but it's a brutal platinum.

I think rating an 8 is fine if it took you a very high number of attempts to do quite a lot of the things in the game. For example, I rated Resident Evil an 8 because:

1. One boss fight took me 53 attempts - that's definitely not an easy game. You had to endure about 5 mins of relentless attacks, and you could only be hit twice - and there's no "auto healing" or medipacks.

2. Another boss took 32 attempts - and I'm not the only gamer who found it hard.

3. Playing with an AI partner rather than a real person made the game so much harder.

I see what you're saying, and yes Rapstar would be an 8 if someone rating it an 8 took, say, 50 attempts to get the hardest trophy. If it takes just 3-4 attempts to get things, it's hardly dificult, wouldn't you say?

I'll get the game when it eventually comes out in the UK. I just hope it's harder than Karaoke Revolution, but not insanely hard like Disney Sing It Pop Hits.

Oh nah, I meant when you were comparing this to Lego Rock Band. But anyways, the only "hard" trophies are the community ones because it's almost impossible to promote your videos. If you do boost, the only hard trophy may be getting five mics on Expert difficulty, but I don't think that's going to be too bad if you print off the lyrics to a song you're good at. I did everything on Hard and I didn't find anything too difficult but you can also do everything on easy.

Oh nah, I meant when you were comparing this to Lego Rock Band. But anyways, the only "hard" trophies are the community ones because it's almost impossible to promote your videos. If you do boost, the only hard trophy may be getting five mics on Expert difficulty, but I don't think that's going to be too bad if you print off the lyrics to a song you're good at. I did everything on Hard and I didn't find anything too difficult but you can also do everything on easy.

So basically you'd sing on hard for kudos on the leaderboards? :p

I've been stretching my vocal chords today on Green Day Rock Band. I managed to get into the top 100 for a couple of songs (Expert), which I consider good going because most of the very high scores are from players who have 3 singers (1 lead, 2 backing), so I'm holding my own as a solo singer against these guys. It kinda sucks that getting 100% as a soloist still isn't enough to get into the top 10 because I need backing vocalists {my flatmates are too shy to sing with me grrrr)

Anyway, I'm not a pro at Hip Hop or Rap, even though I do like the genres. My music interest is mainly rock & metal, but at least Rapstar will be more exciting and interesting than the Disney games!!

Nah, I haven't even checked the leaderboards, I just did it because rap is pretty much all I listen to so it was more of a self pride thing. The only hard part was songs with choruses because it wouldn't give me the points when I would sing with my normal voice so I had to create voices for it to register that I was hitting the notes properly.

doesnt mean anything imo, as its not out in EU/UK

november 30th there will be at least 5 more plats ;P (euros only)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this is a fake music game platinum .... there is actually nothing difficult if you know at least 1 song

i really didnt know ANY but 1 song on german version (Schwarz zu Blau)

i did those 3x 90%+, expert 5mics, expert w/out orig vocals and all that stuff using that song - the rest is damn easy, even those 305mics were damn easy,

there were like a handfull of songs i had to restart more than once, every other song i 5mic'ed on my first or second try. (still i did not know any of these songs, as i dont mind that kind of music)

1? - no, i had to restart some songs

2? - well maybe, but i had a few songs i need to restart more than just once ... so ill give it a 3...