XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > D (PS3) > Def Jam Rapstar

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 0 0%
2 1 5.56%
3 1 5.56%
4 2 11.11%
5 1 5.56%
6 3 16.67%
7 1 5.56%
8 4 22.22%
9 2 11.11%
10 - Very Hard 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman919 View Post
Only 5% of people have the Guitar Hero 5 platinum because a lot of people buy that game just to play for fun and don't give a shit about getting the platinum. These aren't good stats to use to defend your point because not everyone is going for the platinum.

I don't see how you're arguing with us about the platinum difficulty when you don't even have the game.

If you want to know the difficulty of all of the rest of the trophies besides the community ones, then ask that, but like you said, this thread is about the difficulty of the platinum, not just the offline trophies.
You're right, not everyone is going for the GH5 platinum. But then, not everyone is going for platinum in any game. The stats do balance out because of that fact.

I'll tell you something... everyone said that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was "impossible" and "definitely a 10" when it first came out. But after a couple of months, people started getting the platinum. Now a higher percentage have platinum for NGS2 than Lego Rock Band. So which is the harder game? And yes, I agree that not everyone is going for platinum - and that's for any game.

I'm allowed to speculate on the platinum difficulty even if I don't have the game because Portlandridah voted it 8, and then got the platinum quite soon afterwards. My speculation is based on what people have said.

On the flipside, almost everyone said Lego Rock Band was a "piece of piss" based on how the trophy set looked. Yet, it has one of the lowest percentages of platinum. Again, the stats do balance out, primarily because I'm looking at percentage and not absolute numbers.

And finally, the stats can be used comparatively well because it's only stats of people who are registered on these websites. That means the stats belong to people who are either trophy hunters or trophy whores. It doesn't include the big wide world, otherwise the rankings would say something like "rank x out of 10,000,000 in the world" on these websites, but it's more like "rank x out of 50,000".

In retrospect and for balance - are the community trophies in Rapstar harder to get than the non-community ones? And if they are harder, then is it "nearly impossible" to get them without boosting? And if you do boost for them, is the platinum then still quite hard for most people (e.g. even if you boost SingStar, most people have trouble getting 2 of the non-community trophies)?

I'm sorry if I sound argumentative, but I just don't accept a game's difficulty rating when someone rates it an 8, and then gets the platinum soon afterwards. And yes, I do see boosting and game guides as an acceptable way towards getting a platinum. You might not, in which case I'm not even sure why you're on this forum?
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Portlandridah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 437

Awards Showcase THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   THL Season 1 Champions - Rogue Warriors   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default

It all really depends on your music knowledge, if u dnt know Rap it might b hard, speciallly the Twista challenge, earing 305mics n the difficulty trophies and since the fan trick dnt work , & I do know my Hip-Hop very well so i breezed thru the game because it was so fun 4 me to combine 2 of my fav hobbies, I'd give it a 6 currently , but if they ever patched the glitched community trophies i'd change it back 2 an 8, like Pacman said no search feature and the fact that the website and the videos on the games have diff views/ratings makes it even more confusing to obtain, but as it stands currently u can do it yourself makin it piss ez and i dnt think ur aguementive squodge4 jus askin ?s and thats the only way you'll know 4 sure, if u want u can PM anymore ?s cuz i think we should try & put this thread back on track

also to b noted that only 2 ppl have plat so far on this game currently ANUBUSNYC and myself, so after a week not as many ppl as I assumed would have it, possiple justifyin my rating?
__________________



Plays Under A New PSN TheGamerULuv2H8 & Now Games 4 Fun; Retired Trophies In August 2010 As No.1 In Canada 8)
I Will Add Any1 And Willing To Play Anything, But Blank Friend Requests Are Denied 8/

Last edited by Portlandridah; 10-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Portlandridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlandridah View Post
It all really depends on your music knowledge, if u dnt know Rap it might b hard, speciallly the Twista challenge, earing 305mics n the difficulty trophies and since the fan trick dnt work , & I do know my Hip-Hop very well so i breezed thru the game because it was so fun 4 me to combine 2 of my fav hobbies, I'd give it a 6 currently , but if they ever patched the glitched community trophies i'd change it back 2 an 8, like Pacman said no search feature and the fact that the website and the videos on the games have diff views/ratings makes it even more confusing to obtain, but as it stands currently u can do it yourself makin it piss ez and i dnt think ur aguementive squodge4 jus askin ?s and thats the only way you'll know 4 sure, if u want u can PM anymore ?s cuz i think we should try & put this thread back on track
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out in the UK. I'll send you a PM if I'm having any problems with the game!!
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlandridah View Post
also to b noted that only 2 ppl have plat so far on this game currently ANUBUSNYC and myself, so after a week not as many ppl as I assumed would have it, possiple justifyin my rating?
I only came across the game because of this website actually, there's been no advertising of it unlike the GH/RB/DJ Hero games. And it's not even out in EU/UK, but yeah we'll see. I actually hope it's not a piss easy platinum, as that'll spoil it somewhat. Something on a par with RB2 would be nice, i.e. challenging and tricky, but not impossible - and certainly not a walk in the park.
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,998

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

I'm still confused as to why you think someone cant rate the platinum an 8 and then get the platinum? I rated the Yakuza 3 platinum an 8 when I was close to getting it and I still got it. A platinum rating of 8 does not mean the platinum is impossible to get. Furthermore, you should not be comparing a singing game to a rhythm game. They are 2 different skill sets.

But anyways, if you boost the community trophies, then this is like a 3 or 4.

I'm on this site to get tips on getting my trophies legitimately, I'm not on here to find boosting partners or find out about cheats and glitches. I hate when people think you shouldn't be on this site if you're not willing to do whatever you can to get a trophy.
pacman919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

pacman919: No worries, I know people use the site for different reasons. I'm on here pretty much for the same reasons as you. I did do boosting last year, but it felt more tedious than just enjoying the game as it was meant to be played.

I've compared this to SingStar... not sure why you think SingStar is a rhythm game. Lots of people can't Beat Bravo (I've come close). But I think Disney Sing It Pop Hits is possibly even harder than SingStar... people originally rated that very low, mainly because it had the word "Disney", but it's a brutal platinum.

I think rating an 8 is fine if it took you a very high number of attempts to do quite a lot of the things in the game. For example, I rated Resident Evil an 8 because:
1. One boss fight took me 53 attempts - that's definitely not an easy game. You had to endure about 5 mins of relentless attacks, and you could only be hit twice - and there's no "auto healing" or medipacks.
2. Another boss took 32 attempts - and I'm not the only gamer who found it hard.
3. Playing with an AI partner rather than a real person made the game so much harder.

I see what you're saying, and yes Rapstar would be an 8 if someone rating it an 8 took, say, 50 attempts to get the hardest trophy. If it takes just 3-4 attempts to get things, it's hardly dificult, wouldn't you say?

I'll get the game when it eventually comes out in the UK. I just hope it's harder than Karaoke Revolution, but not insanely hard like Disney Sing It Pop Hits.
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,998

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Oh nah, I meant when you were comparing this to Lego Rock Band. But anyways, the only "hard" trophies are the community ones because it's almost impossible to promote your videos. If you do boost, the only hard trophy may be getting five mics on Expert difficulty, but I don't think that's going to be too bad if you print off the lyrics to a song you're good at. I did everything on Hard and I didn't find anything too difficult but you can also do everything on easy.
pacman919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman919 View Post
Oh nah, I meant when you were comparing this to Lego Rock Band. But anyways, the only "hard" trophies are the community ones because it's almost impossible to promote your videos. If you do boost, the only hard trophy may be getting five mics on Expert difficulty, but I don't think that's going to be too bad if you print off the lyrics to a song you're good at. I did everything on Hard and I didn't find anything too difficult but you can also do everything on easy.
So basically you'd sing on hard for kudos on the leaderboards?

I've been stretching my vocal chords today on Green Day Rock Band. I managed to get into the top 100 for a couple of songs (Expert), which I consider good going because most of the very high scores are from players who have 3 singers (1 lead, 2 backing), so I'm holding my own as a solo singer against these guys. It kinda sucks that getting 100% as a soloist still isn't enough to get into the top 10 because I need backing vocalists {my flatmates are too shy to sing with me grrrr)

Anyway, I'm not a pro at Hip Hop or Rap, even though I do like the genres. My music interest is mainly rock & metal, but at least Rapstar will be more exciting and interesting than the Disney games!!
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,998

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Nah, I haven't even checked the leaderboards, I just did it because rap is pretty much all I listen to so it was more of a self pride thing. The only hard part was songs with choruses because it wouldn't give me the points when I would sing with my normal voice so I had to create voices for it to register that I was hitting the notes properly.
pacman919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlandridah View Post
also to b noted that only 2 ppl have plat so far on this game currently ANUBUSNYC and myself, so after a week not as many ppl as I assumed would have it, possiple justifyin my rating?

doesnt mean anything imo, as its not out in EU/UK

november 30th there will be at least 5 more plats ;P (euros only)
LoAlexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.