Deathspank - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

OnceFallen

http://i.imgur.com/lLUXgjh.jpg

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: NA

-Offline (breakdown): 12 (7 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))

-Online (breakdown): 0

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 10-15+ Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Roadmap

Introduction

Charming. Intelligent. Enigmatic. These are just a few words you won’t be using to describe DeathSpank. He doesn’t stab first and ask questions later. He doesn’t realize there are questions. Described by top scientists (and most reviewers, some of them scientists) as Monkey Island meets Diablo, DeathSpank is an exciting hack and slash action RPG set on a massive, dangerous, curvy world. In between hacking and slashing, DeathSpank solves puzzles and explores an epic story. DeathSpank will vanquish evil and be a hero to the downtrodden; he will collect loot, level up, collect loot, acquire new abilities and collect loot. As you probably just guessed, DeathSpank is filled to bursting with hundreds of weapons, armor sets, witty dialog, improbable scenarios, unexpected villains, and challenging bosses. The action is easily accessible for short bursts of unsupervised fun, but the story is revealed over ten to fifteen hours of gameplay.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Start A New Game And Adjust The Settings

Guess this really isn't a full step, but if helps if you do it right off the bat so it makes the rest of the game easier and gets you to where you need to obtain your first trophy. After starting your game, press :start: on the controller to go to the pause menu, then select Settings, than Global Game Settings. Change the difficulty level to easy (unless you want a slightly harder challenge). After that, near the bottom are 2 slide bars with skulls on them labeled good & evil. Slide the skull on the good bar all the way to the right and the one on the evil all the way to the left. After you do that, Menu Hero will pop!

Step 2: Die...

After you finish with the first step, run up to the first outhouse you see and press :cross: on it to activate it, then let yourself get killed. After you die and respawn outside the outhouse, you will get Can't Kill Me...

Step 3: Play Through The Story Up To The Final Boss

Now start playing through the story. As you go along, make sure you aim for all the remaining trophies. Make sure that you have all the trophies (outside of Take Back The Knight) before you defeat the final boss. If you get to that point, make sure to go back and clean up any trophies you missed before continuing on.

Step 4: Beat The Final Boss

Beat the final boss, collect the last trophy and enjoy your 100%!

Edited by OnceFallen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/01.jpg Destroyer of Chickens (B)

Kill 100 Chickens

Right near the beginning of the game, you'll find 2 areas with tons of chickens that respawn in time. Just keep bouncing between these 2 areas killing chickens until the trophy pops! You can see how many you've done by using the Book O'Stats'N'Stuff in your inventory if you really need.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/03.jpg Can't Kill Me... (B)

Resurrect at an Outhouse

At the start of the game, run up to the first outhouse you see and press :cross: to activate it, then let an enemy kill you so that you respawn at that outhouse and the trophy will pop shortly there after.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/04.jpg Extermination (B)

Destroy all 3 Queen Greems

The three queen greems can be found in these locations.

1. Greem Camp near Greem Lake

2. Zombie Greem Camp in the Haunted Forest

3. Greem Camp near Turtle Lake

Use the mating whistle given to you by the exterminator in Pluckmuckel. Once you've killed a queen and collected her "sack" at one of these locations, go back to the same exterminator to get another whistle.

(Credit goes to Steel739)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/05.jpg Man In The Hole (B)

Complete 6 Spelunker Quests

There is a person in the game names "Spelunker" who is normally outside of certain caves throughout the map. He will give you quests where you have to go into a cave for him to retrieve something. You need to complete his missions and the trophy will pop after the 6th one is completed. Also, by checking your map screen, if you are near any Spelunker location and have yet to explore it, then it will be shown as red ! in a world bubble on the map.

Spelunker Locations:

1.) South of the Haunted Mansion

2.) Northeast of the Demonic Stones

3.) Almost dead north of the Demonic Stones, in the Donkey Fields

4.) Swamp, south of Rich Cabin's Cabins

5.) Enchanted Forest, near the Leprecolony

6.) South of the Eyeball Trail Outhouse

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/08.jpg I'm An Addict (B)

Drink 50 Potions

This will probably come over the course of playing. Just make sure to keep drinking potions when you need a health kick quickly or at random if you are just going to complete the 50 needed for the trophy. Potions can be bought, obtained from chests, given after the completion of a side quest or dropped by enemies after you kill them. After your 50th one taken, the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/10.jpg Underground Subway (B)

Discover all 30 Teleporting Outhouses

Throughout the world there are outhouses where you respawn at if you die. They are normally located right off the road in the areas where you need to go or before/around an area of difficulty. Just explore the map and whenever you find one of them, make sure to press :cross: on them to activate them.

Locations:

1. The First
  2. Lakeview
  3. Slimey
  4. Thongly
  5. Demon Trail
  6. Heybenstance's
  7. Orqueish
  8. Bobblewood's
  9. Dumpster
  10. Pluckmuckel
  11. Unicorn
  12. Enchanted
  13. Talking Tree
  14. Eyeball Trail
  15. Monastery
  16. Swamp
  17. Rich Cabin's
  18. Web Filled
  19. Haunted
  20. Graveyard
  21. Dam
  22. Haunted Lake
  23. Royal Realm
  24. Wizard
  25. Roadside
  26. Ima Strunken
  27. Orque Town
  28. Wretched
  29. Castle Bridge
  30. Von Prong

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/11.jpg Menu Hero (B)

Dispense the Good, Vanquish the Evil

While playing, press :start: on the controller to go to the pause menu, then select Settings, than Global Game Settings. Near the bottom are 2 slide bars with skulls on them labelled good & evil. Slide the skull on the good bar all the way to the right and the one on the evil all the way to the left. The trophy will pop shortly there after.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/02.jpg The Day the Music Died (S)

Kill Sergeant Orque

He can be found at Camp Orqawanga in the very back. Walk up to him and initiate conversation to start the fight. Finish him off and after he blows his final annoying note, the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/06.jpg Extracurricular Activities (S)

Finish 50 Side Quests

While travelling through the game, you'll encounter people who will give you quests to do. Some will have only one while others will have multiples so keep talking to them after you finish a quest for them in order to make sure they don't have any others. Once you finish your 50th side quest, the trophy will pop. These are the quests that are listed under "Unimportant Things I Need To Do" in your Quest Log. You can see how many you've done by using the Book O'Stats'N'Stuff in your inventory.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/07.jpg Justice Dispenser (S)

Kill 2500 Enemies

This will most likely come over the course of playing. If by the end of the game the trophy has yet to pop, than just run around the different areas killing enemies until it does. After your 2500th enemy killed, the trophy will pop. You can see how many you've killed by using the Book O'Stats'N'Stuff in your inventory.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/12.jpg Take Back The Knight (S)

Kill Lord Von Prong

Story related, can not be missed!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/428/09.jpg Mr. Tough Guy (G)

Reach Level 20

This will come over the course of playing but you can keep circling around and kill enemies if you wish to grind it out faster. Once you reach level 20, the trophy will pop.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed trophy value error.

Ok OnceFallen, I was too was going to do this but since you started I'll let you finish but here's a bit of help for you so you can complete your guide

Here's a list of all 30 outhouses for the "Underground Subway" trophy:

The First

Lakeview

Slimey

Thongly

Demon Trail

Heybenstance's

Orqueish

Bobblewood's

Dumpster

Pluckmuckel

Unicorn

Enchanted

Talking Tree

Eyeball Trail

Monastery

Swamp

Rich Cabin's

Web Filled

Haunted

Graveyard

Dam

Haunted Lake

Royal Realm

Wizard

Roadside

Ima Strunken

Orque Town

Wretched

Castle Bridge

Von Prong

For the "Exterminator" trophy, the three queen greems can be found in these locations. Use the mating whistle given to you by the exterminator in Pluckmuckel. Once you've killed a queen and collected her "sack" at one of these locations, go back to the same exterminator to get another whistle.

And here a few more Spelunker Locations I've located and these aren't in any order btw. Also, by checking your map screen, if you are near any spelunker location and have yet to explore it, it will be shown as red ! in a world bubble on the map

Edited by Steel739

Ok OnceFallen, I was too was going to do this but since you started I'll let you finish but here's a bit of help for you so you can complete your guide

Here's a list of all 30 outhouses for the "Underground Subway" trophy:

The First

Lakeview

Slimey

Thongly

Demon Trail

Heybenstance's

Orqueish

Bobblewood's

Dumpster

Pluckmuckel

Unicorn

Enchanted

Talking Tree

Eyeball Trail

Monastery

Swamp

Rich Cabin's

Web Filled

Haunted

Graveyard

Dam

Haunted Lake

Royal Realm

Wizard

Roadside

Ima Strunken

Orque Town

Wretched

Castle Bridge

Von Prong

For the "Exterminator" trophy, the three queen greems can be found in these locations. Use the mating whistle given to you by the exterminator in Pluckmuckel. Once you've killed a queen and collected her "sack" at one of these locations, go back to the same exterminator to get another whistle.

And here a few more Spelunker Locations I've located and these aren't in any order btw. Also, by checking your map screen, if you are near any spelunker location and have yet to explore it, it will be shown as red ! in a world bubble on the map

:eek: Wow, thanks... I'll make sure that you get credited for co-creation of the guide because that right there is a HUGE help!

It took me 12 hours just to get %100 on the trophy list. But thats not %100 in the game its self. All those side missions will proly tack on another 2 hours. Could sure use some more of those fortune cookies. lol

Looks like a DLC soon. I hate those endings

I had my wife playing as the Wizard character and his X move hurts them quite well. I would imagine the undead swords would hurt as well.

Eeeh, there is no wizard character. Also, the 'X' move depends on what weapon you have assigned to that slot.

Played a bit further, and you get a special ghost killing sword by completing the Soul Killer Sword quest you get from the gravedigger in the haunted forest. Then you can kill ghosts with it to your hearts content.

And yes, it has +475 nature damage.

Nevermind.

you're pressing triangle while targeting instead of x? if so and it's not working try pressing the lever then doing it. if still not working get it to save then reset the game. it should work like that.

edit: guess you got it before i posted :p

Edited by BLALAZER

Finished it. Wow. The most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in a long time. Started playing it almost exactly 24 hours ago, have been playing about 10 of those. Did all sidequests and trophies along the way, too.

More pls.

Stats for my playthrough;

Percent completed: 100%

Main Quest completed: 33

Side Quests completed: 79

Minutes played: 520

Total killed: 4558

Treasure chests opened: 69

Edited by stenb

I have a question how do I get a spicy taco for the old man.

Goto the taco vendor at the top of the hill and get his requested taco (minus spicy since they won't do it) than go into your menu and combine the taco with a pixie hair (or whatever those damn things you pull out of the ground are) and boom, spicy taco