XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > D (PSN) > Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
 
yewjhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malaysia (GMT+8)
Posts: 2,809

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Default

Wow thats very thorough, i'll link the solution to this
__________________
PS3T Custom List Progress: 45/50

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
So this particular solution from the results, works for me unless I murder all the reindeers and exit the game (really recommend having a backup file or not killing every single reindeer ).

Hopefully this can help out others while Hothead works on a proper fix.
Awesome! Thanks for doing all of that. I was able to finish the game completely as well, but I think a lot of people in the Hothead forums are now really upset. I linked them to your post so that they can maybe see resurrecting in different manners could kill the bug (and hoping they didn't kill all of the reindeer and then exit the game!).

This may be the better course because Hothead was sort of recommending to run up to the pen when you first get to the North Pole and making sure you can see Roodolph in the distance. Even then, that didn't seem to make any difference.

And plus, you just did a ton of testing for them!

Someone from Hothead wrote you a thank you message, theone!
Hothead Forums • View topic - Game breaking bug on Santa *spoilers*

Last edited by syntheticgerbil; 09-25-2010 at 07:06 PM.
syntheticgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
Default

YES!! IT WORKS!

Thanks so much to everyone who tested this out. Also, to the awesome dude who found this. PS3trophies userbase is teh pwnage.
Other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
 
CatNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,121

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

great guide yewjhin although deathspank's quests have been quite straightforward, its always helpful to have a simple walkthrough, saves time wandering around in the game.

just a little note though, it seems like a few multi-choice puzzles are random, so the answer suggested in the walkthrough won't be the same for everyone. I found these were different in my session:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
CatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
 
yewjhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malaysia (GMT+8)
Posts: 2,809

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil View Post
Awesome! Thanks for doing all of that. I was able to finish the game completely as well, but I think a lot of people in the Hothead forums are now really upset. I linked them to your post so that they can maybe see resurrecting in different manners could kill the bug (and hoping they didn't kill all of the reindeer and then exit the game!).

This may be the better course because Hothead was sort of recommending to run up to the pen when you first get to the North Pole and making sure you can see Roodolph in the distance. Even then, that didn't seem to make any difference.

And plus, you just did a ton of testing for them!
That's great. I always hate forum/technical support. They never seem to understand your problem and they always set up their first line of defence/excuse as "it has to be a problem on your side, not us". Their support staff are always reading off some kind of operation sheet or support bible and give off the standard answers and I really hate that.

Once again, great job to theone for finding the solution and being very thorough in testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNZ View Post
great guide yewjhin although deathspank's quests have been quite straightforward, its always helpful to have a simple walkthrough, saves time wandering around in the game.

just a little note though, it seems like a few multi-choice puzzles are random, so the answer suggested in the walkthrough won't be the same for everyone. I found these were different in my session:
Oh I wasn't aware that it was random. Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit the guide.
__________________
PS3T Custom List Progress: 45/50


Last edited by yewjhin; 09-25-2010 at 02:30 PM.
yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
CatNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,121

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

a quick tip on farming those 3000 kills...

there's 12 chickens on chicken island, then 30 harmless leprechauns by the rainbow bridge (I use Haunted Farm Outhouse, go down elevator, kill then go back up to teleport), and finally 26 holiday cookie man in the small area from the Christmas Outhouse to the Thongolith of Generosity

that's over 60 kills from a single round of these 3 places, and it should take less than 4min. it also helps if you have a tomahawk rinse & repeat
CatNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Default

hi
i have that glitch with roodolph, killed every reindeer and nothing happend.
i try to die by goblins/gremlins something near the outhouse, went to santas dungeon over and over, delete the game and downolad it again,check lost'n'found and nothing works. what else can do?
i dont wanna beat whole game again lol
kbrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrs View Post
hi
i have that glitch with roodolph, killed every reindeer and nothing happend.
i try to die by goblins/gremlins something near the outhouse, went to santas dungeon over and over, delete the game and downolad it again,check lost'n'found and nothing works. what else can do?
i dont wanna beat whole game again lol
After you killed all of the reindeer, did you quit the game (making it save)?

If you quit and saved the game after you did not see Roodolph, resurrection will not work until someone else discovers a different way around it or Hothead releases a pitch.

If you did kill all of the reindeer and did not exit the game, what you did should have made him appear. Hopefully you made a backup before this point, it would suck to have to start over!
syntheticgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,987

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default

I wasn't using this guide since I just wanted to play the game myself, but I'm stuck...
I'm in wortons factory and got the uniform from the bulletin board, but I didn't speak to the bartender first... so no liquor license... now I did talk to him and whent back but nothing happens... how do I proceed???
__________________
97 93



Donkey-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
 
broadsword93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 1,186

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Default

You don't get the license until the end of wortons factory. You don't find it , but you receive it from the " Boss"
__________________



LOOKING TO BOOST FAMILY FEUD DECADES
broadsword93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
deathspank, thongs of virtue, trophy guide, yewjhin, yewjhin86

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24 PM.