Disapointed

I was a fan of the first game, but this game is somewhat of a let down. I was thinking that since this game was more of the same from the first and since I enjoyed the first game that I'd enjoy this one, but I realized really quickly that I was just playing the same game all over again and it got boring very fast. What's worse is it seems that the creators of this game didn't learn from any of their mistakes the first time around. Things like a lack of a way point, the difficulty in navigating the teleport screen, the lack of storage, the fact that some items only stack 5 high (really, I only get 5 healing potions?), and worse of all a lack of consistency in enemy difficulty (I can run through a field of enemies that take one to two hits each to destroy only to get killed by another enemy who can kill me in one hit). I just hope if they make a third title they try and do something different. If I see the basic look of the game is the same I'm going to assume that the rest is the same as well and I'll probably avoid getting the third one until it hits the special offer area.

• 3 weeks later...
I was a fan of the first game, but this game is somewhat of a let down. I was thinking that since this game was more of the same from the first and since I enjoyed the first game that I'd enjoy this one, but I realized really quickly that I was just playing the same game all over again and it got boring very fast. What's worse is it seems that the creators of this game didn't learn from any of their mistakes the first time around. Things like a lack of a way point, the difficulty in navigating the teleport screen, the lack of storage, the fact that some items only stack 5 high (really, I only get 5 healing potions?), and worse of all a lack of consistency in enemy difficulty (I can run through a field of enemies that take one to two hits each to destroy only to get killed by another enemy who can kill me in one hit). I just hope if they make a third title they try and do something different. If I see the basic look of the game is the same I'm going to assume that the rest is the same as well and I'll probably avoid getting the third one until it hits the special offer area.

The game is easy enough wouldn't let's say over 50 health potions and banking would make it way too easy? Your inventory is big enough and by the end you will have enough room. I like the lack of banking items because I am forced to decide what to keep and what to throw away.

So there is a field of weaker enemies and there just so happens to be one stronger commander like enemy and that bothers you? This is very common in most games. It certainly does prevent you from just running around hacking and slashing you have to think first.

Then don't buy the third one if there is a third one, case closed.

I wasn't expecting much of a difference in Thongs of Virtue anyways as both games were meant to be one big game. However it was too big for a downloadable game so they split it. They were even developed at the same time so if there was a "third" game it would be much more different.

Edited by Lord Tony

• 2 months later...

i loved this game. but forced to play it a 2cd time cause of a trophy glitch. the one learning to speak japanese. to me the game is way to easy. it needs to be tougher. i went through the add on dungeon when i was level 11. although i did die 2 times. i just had to find the monsters weakness then i went through it like it was nothing. and most of the time you have to block attacks so you dont get damaged to bad. on this one when i was at the end of the game i had over a million dollars on it. i use my block alot and that way im not using any food or potions. and i like there isnt any waypoints and you have to figure it out yourself. that gives it more of an rpg feel to it.

• 2 weeks later...