http://i.imgur.com/FtTOdM0.png

Credit to SSJ4_Haruhi for the banner

Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue

Overview

Estimate difficulty: 3/10

Offline: 12

Online: 0

Approximate time: 5-10 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+ (You can reload from last checkpoint after story completion to mop up)

Missable trophies: 2 – PRIMP V.I.P and Konichiwa

Glitched trophies: 2 - Raise Your Mast and Ruin Christmas

Cheats disable trophies: No cheats as far as I know

Difficulty affects trophies: No

Trophy Breakdown: 7 (B) | 4 (S) | 1 (G)

If you like my Guides, do put me as your referrer when you sign up for the Forums! Much appreciated!

Click Here to Signup

Introduction

Welcome back to the newest instalment of Deathspank, titled Thongs of Virtue!! Once again play as the Dispenser of Justice(!), Vanquisher of Evil(!), Hero of Downtrodden(!), and.....as he ventures forth on orders by the Red-Haired Woman to collect the Thongs of Power and become the hero of legend and defeat the corrupted evildoers.

This next adventure of Deathspank features a world about twice as huge as its predecessor and introduces more plot characters and yes you guessed it, Thongs! The gameplay and controls haven’t changed though I feel the difficulty has been raised slightly during the early levels. The later levels are immensely easy with the right usage of weapons/items.

Roadmap

Step 1: Play and Complete the Game

Before you proceed, please take note there are two game-breaking glitches encountered thus far, and possibly more undiscovered. Therefore you are advised to backup your save frequently, or you'll require another playthrough.

There are no difficulty trophies so feel free to play on Easy. As before, you should take note of the many Outhouses that lie across the land and activate each one of them that you come across while making progress through the Story. You should also attempt as many side-quests as possible as I think the item drop rate has been lowered somewhat. I found the period during levels 5-8 the hardest and it is during this time I realized that utilizing Bazookas and Grenades are an efficient way of killing the tougher enemies like Pips, Mother Gremms, Bosses or any creature that is 3-4 levels higher than you. I used to die a lot to Pips in the previous instalment whereas this time, with the addition of Grenades and bazookas I can take out almost whoever I want in just 1-2 shots which makes the game less frustrating but still tricky, so learn from my experience.

One of the missable trophies you should pay heed to is “PRIMP V.I.P”. DO NOT touch that chest in Madame Primp's room until you have this trophy or she will attack you therefore locking out this trophy. If you open it by accident, quit the game immediately to the XMB and see if you restart at some point prior to that or you'll have to replay the game again (unless you had a prior backup). This trophy requires you to get naughty with her in her 20 various outfits. Once you’ve done that and unlocked the trophy you can safely put her to sleep.

The other potentially missable trophy is Konichiwa. If you follow the walkthrough in "To Serve Men" you will obtain this before the cooking competition with Worstten. The book that teaches you Japanese is still obtainable in Beaux Kuckelle library after this event, but only up to a certain point in the story.

Glitch Note #1 - A game-breaking glitch has been found by sefjwm where Captain Taint, which is the main quest giver for the tasks related to "Raise Your Mast" goes missing and doesn't reappear. At the moment there is no known solution. Again I advise you to backup your save frequently. Without him, you cannot complete the story as the Pirate Ship is needed to Map the North Pole, which is also a Story requirement for "Ruin Christmas".

Glitch Note #2 - Before you proceed to the North Pole, I would advise you to backup your save file as there is a known glitch with Rudolph the Reindeer (Credits to Breadskin). See "Ruin Christmas" trophy walkthrough to know when you encounter Rudolph. The Reindeer is supposed to drop an equip-able item that must be used to defeat Santa Claus. There have been reports of Rudolph not appearing.

A Potential Solution has been found by theone for this glitch and more info can be found HERE . If it doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to use your backup save or ultimately restart if that fails as well.

Play the game and enjoy it, don't worry about the rest as you can return to the game after completing the story. When you meet up with Sandy on the Moon, choose whichever ending you want and complete the game.

Step 2: Find every Outhouse and Grind 3000 kills/Level 20

Upon completing the Story, you can select "Continue Game" and it'll put you back at the last checkpoint, and you can go around mopping up on remaining trophies. Meet up with Sandy again and select the other option to view the other ending and obtain "A Tale of Two Endings". Consult the trophy guide for Mystic Transport for a check list of all 44 Outhouses arranged in my order of encountering them. In the process you should also be killing every enemy you see to reach 3000 kills and further level up to 20 for the trophies “Dispenser of Justice” and “True Hero

Step 3: Complete the DLC: Snowy Mountains

If you chose to buy it (or got it free in the first week), The DLC requires you to venture forth into a cave in the Snowy Mountains and defeat the Taking Tree. Please consult the DLC trophy guide HERE. You can swap this step for the grinding in Step 2 as the enemies in the cave are of high level and yield pretty nice XP.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner (again).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TROPHY GUIDE

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/01.jpg Orque Imposter (B)

Convince an Orque Guard you are an Orque

Story Related. This task involves three quests that you receive from the 3 POWs you come across early in the game. These three tasks are:

1. Obtain An Orque Uniform

2. Make a Fake ID

3. Learn the Secret Password

Walkthrough

[spoiler=story1] First, venture to the right and kill all the Interrogator Chickens where you’ll obtain a Quill. Go back and upwards this time and you’ll come across some houses with hanging laundry and Jungle Beasts. Kill all of them to obtain parts for the Orque Uniform.

Next, head NorthWest and you'll come across a swamp and a Jungle Squid. Kill it to obtain some Ink, then head Northwards to encounter an Ooze which drops Toilet Paper upon death. Combine the Quill with the Ink first, then with the Toilet Paper to form the Fake Identification Papers.

Just above you will be an Orque in conversation with someone, get closer and he will inadvertently reveal the password which is “And the mighty Orque barks back”. Equip the Orque Uniform, and head towards the drawbridge North of the houses you passed by earlier and give the guard the password. The trophy unlocks thereafter.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/02.jpg Death of a Penguin (B)

Kill the Evil Nun

Story Related. The Evil Nun can be found at the Sanctuary.

Walkthrough [spoiler=story2]To enter, you must first be in critical condition (low health) before the monk will allow you access. Approach the monk at the top who will open the door to the Temple for you. Upon entering the Temple, you will see a Red Book lying on the floor and 5 pedestals arranged in a symbol. The objective is to get 5 Red Books onto those pedestals, the location of the remaining books are:

1. 3 of them can be found at the Library at Le Beaux Kuckelle

2. The last one is held by a Mini-Boss Mr.Tanglefangle, located down to the road leading west of the Sanctuary

Place all 5 Red Books on the Pedestal and stand in the middle to go down to the Catacombs. Move along until you come to a junction, the lower path takes you to Storage where you can find Gun Parts (for another Story Quest). Once you’ve done that, go back and take the upper path. You’ll see a series of altars and coloured streams of light. Beside each altar is a path that has a switch to turn of that stream of light. Go through each path flicking off the switch and defeating the enemies to gain access to the Evil Nun.

When you are done and go up to her, the Boss Battle ensues. First, the statue from each Altar will move and talk to you, asking a series of questions. Get the answer correct and you don’t need to fight them, but it doesn’t matter as they are pushovers and give you decent XP. Defeating all of them will bring out the Boss, kill her for the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/08.jpg To Serve Men (S)

Kill Wortten

Story Related. Wortten is a plot antagonist located in Wortten's Factory, NW of World Map. Upon entering the factory you'll be greeted by a receptionist who points out you need to have an Employee ID card before you can meet Wortten. There are 3 quests involved in getting an ID card:

1. Learn the company Birthday Song

2. Pass a Drug Test

3. Find a T.G.I.W uniform

Walkthrough[spoiler=story3] First we need to learn the Birthday Song by getting someone to sing it to us first. Outside the Haunted Crotch bar in Strumfuguel, you will find newspapers clippings on a board. Pick one up and read them through your inventory. Note the month (Febtober, Octember, Marple or Steve ).. Head back to the library in Le Beaux Kuckelle and get a library card with YOUR NAME (Deathspank) and when asked for your birthday, choose the option that matches the MONTH earlier shown on the newspaper clipping. Return to Strumfuquel, find the Taco Vendor and request for the Taco Birthday Special and she’ll sing the song for you. Memorize the lyrics as you’ll be asked to sing it later.

Before continuing, make sure to speak to Grimtub in the Haunted Crotch to get his quest to retrieve his Liquor License (required for "Raise Your Mast" trophy) from Wortten. Go back to the factory and enter the door to the right of Receptionist, which leads to the Inner Factory.

Kill Orque Ninjas you encounter and obtain at least 6 Torn Vests. Press :l1: to bring up the map and head towards the Infirmary on the bottom right. Enter and you’ll find a Drug Test Urinal which you can interact to give you the Successful Drug Test Papers. Bring up the map again and this time head towards the Breakroom north of your position. Check the bulletin board in the background to obtain an Untorn Vest.

Now head back out to the Receptionist. Go into your inventory and USE the Torn Vests, which will produce 6 Flairs. Combine these Flairs with the Untorn Vest to form the T.G.I.W uniform and equip it. Talk to the Receptionist and go through the conversation. If you forgot the birthday song, here it is below; the numbers indicate which option in the list of responses.

" Another year has gone, since you were just a spawn " (2)

" You’re really getting old, if we may be so bold " (2)

" But please don’t feel so bad, you don’t have to be so sad " (1)

" Come on have some cake, it’s better than fried snake " (4)

Note: The birthday song may differ from the above according to what some people have experienced.

Head back into the factory and enter the room in the North-east. There will be a series of traps and gimmicks that you will need to traverse but none are too hard. I suggest using a gun to kill the flame-throwers during the section with heating floor panels. Thereafter, you’ll see a series of floor tiles with foods icons on them. You need to step on the middle tile, top tile, middle tile to make it across safely or take some pain otherwise.

Approach Wortten in the middle of the room and next up is a cooking competition. Speak to the Judges on top first. He will start talking in Japanese. Go back out all the way to the World Map. Teleport to the library in Beaux Kuckelle and check the first shelf to find a book "Learn the Japanese Language". Checkout the book and you'll achieve the trophy "Konichiwa". Return to the factory and speak to the panel of judges on top and you'll be able to decipher what he is saying, which is basically the ingredients he likes.

Ingredients: Bison, Artichoke, Potato (the list may vary)

Getting the above right or wrong doesn't matter, as it only affects a bunch of ninjas appearing and attacking either you or Wortten. Regardless you can dispatch them with ease or focus on Wortten. She is very vulnerable to physical attacks and the critical potion does wonders here where I beat her in practically under 5 seconds. She drops the Liquor License as well. A warp exit appears that will take you back to the receptionist.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/06.jpg Konichiwa (B)

Learn to Speak Japanese

This is potentially Missable. See “To Serve Men” trophy spoiler above for details, the section highlighted in red font. It is still obtainable after the cooking event with Worstten, but only up to a certain point of the story (need more confirmation).

Edited by yewjhin

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/05.jpg Raise Your Mast (B)

Go Sailing in a Pirate Ship

On the Southern Part of the map is a Pirate Town named Scruvyville. Here you will meet Captain Taint, an old friend of Deathspank who needs your help to get back his ship and set sail. The quests related to this are

1. Keys to the Ship - Retrieve the Pirate Ship Keys from Plaid Pete

2. Rum - No pirate can live without it

3. Lemon - The Captain needs for something weird

Glitch Note - A game-breaking glitch has been found with sefjwm where Captain Taint, which is the main quest giver for the tasks related to "Raise Your Mast" goes missing and doesn't reappear. At the moment there is no known solution. See more info HERE. Currently reloading a prior save is the only possible solution, or replaying the game again.

I just got confirmation from hothead that my issue does look like a glitch. Captain Taint is somehow missing in my game. Not sure if you want to add it to your guide or not yet as there currently is no know fix and they say I am the first and only person who has reported it so far.

Walkthrough[spoiler=pirate] On your way to Scurvyville, you might have noticed that you passed a cave with an entrance that looks like a Skull. It is to the west of Scurvyville and outhouse in front of it is Plaid Pete's Outhouse. Enter the cave and speak to Plaid Pete, who is drunk and goes mad. Defeat him to obtain the Keys to the Ship.

Head to Strumfuquel and enter the Haunted Crotch bar. Speak to Grimtub and he'll tell you he's lost his Liquor License to Wortten. You should have this quest first before proceeding!!

When you kill Wortten (in "To Serve Men" walkthrough above) she should drop the Liquor License.

Finally, if you activated it previously, you can teleport to the Ima Strucken outhouse. There you will find husband and wife quarrelling and the wife upset about something. Speak to the wife and the husband will walk away. Continue to speak to her and ask her if you can retrieve the Lemons from the nearby tree and she'll agree to it. Do so and return to Captain Taint to gain access to the Pirate Ship. Go to the North of town and board the Ship.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/03.jpg PRIMP V.I.P. (B)

See all 20 of Madame Primp's Outfits

This trophy is Missable. DO NOT touch the chest in her room until you get this trophy or you may unintentionally kill her in the process of looking for the Heart of Gold for the General. If you do, quit to XMB immediately and reload the game. Hopefully the game did not save when you killed her, otherwise you’re screwed and need to replay again.

Madame Primp resides in her brothel in the Town of Strumfuquel. Talk to her and keep selecting the first option to pass her conversation and you’ll be presented with the option to get naughty with her. Each time you choose to do so, she will present a list of 4 Outfits that you can select for her to wear. A check-list is available below and she cycles through each group of 4 outfits each time you engage her.

[spoiler=PRIMP]Totally Traditional

Patty Cake

Make Heroic Whoopie

The Birds and the Bees

Double Von Promp

Bishop’s Scepter

Gorilla Wheelbarrow

Rubber Chicken with a Pulley in the Middle

The Saucy Sasquatch

The Isoscles Inversion

The One-Eyed Pirate

Chunky Peanut Butter

Purple Pagoda

The Twirling Fantastic

Spider Monkey

The Skillful Zombie

The Plaid Bagpipe

The Forbidden Planet Dance Party

You Must Be This High To Ride

The John Galt Railway

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/11.jpg Ruin Christmas (S)

Kill Santa Claus

Story related. Santa is a plot antagonist located in the North Pole. To get there, you need to fulfil the requests from the Army General in Beaux Kuckelle. The requests are:

1. Map out the North Pole

2. Obtain a Chunk of Gold

3. Obtain Gun Parts

Glitch Note: Before you proceed to the North Pole, I would advise you to backup your save file as there is a known glitch with Rudolph the Reindeer (Credits to Breadskin). The Reindeer is supposed to appear and drop an equippable item that must be used to defeat Santa Claus. There have been reports of Rudolph not appearing. See below for a potential solution, or reload your save file if it happens. Ultimately if both methods fail, you'll need to replay the game again.

Potential Glitch Solution provided by theone. Also more info HERE

I got that same glitch and tried everything beforehand:

Then I just let my lv21 Deathspank get killed by the reindeer's for the heck of it and that actually solved the problem for me as once re-spawned, the red-nose bastard was just standing there >.<

Walkthrough

[spoiler=christmas] To Map Out the North Pole, you must first have completed the "Raise Your Mast" trophy and gain access to the Pirate Ship. See the trophy for info on that.

Once you have ship, travel in a circle around the North Pole and you'll see Buoys. Hit 10 of them and you'll complete this objective.

The Chunk of Gold can be obtained from Madama Primp in Strumfuguel. Again, I must stress that you should have completed the trophy "PRIMP V.I.P" before attempting this step as it is missable. Engage the services of Primp one last time, and while she is changing, quickly open the Odd-Looking Chest beside the bed.

The Gun Parts are obtained in the Sanctuary if you were thorough and followed my walkthrough for "Death of a Penguin". When you enter the catacombs, take the lower path and you'll come across a colour puzzle, which isn't really difficult. If you're still struggling, remember to use Fortune Cookies to unlocks hints and the puzzle solution.

When you have all these, return to the Army General and he'll transport you to the North Pole. Go down the left path and you'll reach Santa. He will use some trick and throw you into a very short dungeon that only takes a few minutes to traverse. The exit of the dungeon is opened by operating a series of levers labelled 1, 2 and 3. They move the bridge by a number of steps corresponding to their labels. You just need to match the bridge to the exit (the path with lights/not caged).

Upon exiting, head North and you'll encounter Reindeer, a Mini-Boss. Please remember to backup your save file prior to this. Defeat him and obtain his Antlers. There is a potential glitch which may occur here as mentioned in the Note above, where the antlers go missing. Equip them if you have it, then teleport to the Outhouse nearest to Santa. Go up to him again and watch his trick fail. He summons a minion which should be very easy if you have ice weapons/grenades/bazookas and took me only a few seconds to be defeat. The trophy unlocks after this

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/12.jpg A Tale of Two Endings (S)

Watch Both Game Endings

Story Related. After defeating Santa, you are given an Outhouse Warp (accessed via Inventory) which teleport's you to the Moon. At the end of the path, you will meet up with the Red-Haired Woman (Sandy) who will present you with two choices. After you choose one ending and watch the credits (or skip them), select Continue Game to start at the last checkpoint and you can go up and select the other option to complete the trophy.

[spoiler=ending]

Good Ending - Choose to submit and give up your Thong

Bad Ending - Choose to fight and defeat Sandy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/04.jpg Well Educated (B)

Get an Engineering Degree

During your travels you will come across an Engineer that requests you to carry dynamite twice and acid to a Conductor to clear the path for the rail-road, all of which is required for Story Progression. At the end of all this, you can find the Engineer at the end of the rail tracks in Sierra Mountain. Speak to him and you will end up studying Engineering (hell yeah I love Engineering :D) and unlock the trophy.

A cave opens up in the mountain and if you enter it you can find the entire Developer Team in the form of Orques.

Edited by yewjhin
Rudolph update

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/10.jpg Mystic Transport (B)

Discover all 44 Teleporting Outhouses

This is the list of all 44 Outhouses, arranged in the order which you will encounter them during your playthrough.

[spoiler=outhouse]

1. First Teleporting Outhouse

2. Battlefield Outhouse

3. Navy Dock Outhouse

4. Poque La Tete

5. Beaux Kuckelle Outhouse

6. Blizbane’s Outhouse

7. Ima Strunken Outhouse

8. Destroyed Outhouse

9. Field Outhouse

10. Jungle Entrance Outhouse

11. Jungle Outhouse

12. Mountain Base Outhouse

13. Mountain Pass Outhouse

14. Plaid Pete’s Outhouse

15. Piratey Outhouse

16. Mountain Detour Outhouse

17. Snowy Mountain Outhouse

18. Dark Forest Outhouse

19. Sanctuary Outhouse

20. Tricore 7 Outhouse

21. Haunted Farm Outhouse

22. Strumfuquel Outhouse

23. Dino Graveyard Outhouse

24. Oily Outhouse

25. Desert Outhouse

26. Oasis Outhouse

27. Red Orque Outhouse

28. Blood Mountain Outhouse

29. Shack Outhouse

30. Wortten’s Outhouse

31. Crazy Husband Outhouse

32. X Island Outhouse (Just north of where you set sail with the Pirate Ship)

33. Chicken Island (West of above/SE of Sea Map)

34. Skeleteon Island Outhouse (SW of above)

35. Greem Island Outhouse (Further West of above/SW of Sea Map)

36. Shamrock Outhouse (Island just SE of North Pole)

37. Cave Island (Island E of North Pole)

38. Frosty Island (Island NE of North Pole)

39. Spider Island (Island W of North Pole)

40. North Pole Outhouse

41. Christmas Outhouse

42. Reindeer

43. Lunar Outhouse (get here via Outhouse item in Inventory)

44. Hot Island Outhouse (Directly South of #39 Spider Island, its huge and the landing has some sort of bullseye. The island doesn't appear on the map)

Here's a map of all Outhouses, excluding Lunar Outhouse, courtesy of Breadskin

http://i.imgur.com/wXL2k5n.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/07.jpg Dispenser of Justice (S)

Kill 3000 enemies

This trophy requires some bit of grinding as you’ll probably only hit about 2500 just before the end of the game. Personally, I think a good place is the Dark Forest/Tricore 7 because it has a ton of enemies. The small leprechauns before the rainbow bridge also count as kills. An alternative is going across the bridge just pass Farmer Blizbane and going along killing all the Orques and Skeletons until you reach the Field Outhouse.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/09.jpg A True Hero (G)

Reach Level 20

This shouldn’t require any grinding as I reach Level 21 (max) easily without even doing all the side quests or purposefully grinding. If you’ve been completing side quests reasonably, you should be around Lvl 17-19 before leaving for North Pole. You can continue the game even after the completing the Story and work on this trophy among others.

If you want to grind further, the islands in the middle of sea are a good spot as the area is small and each one has an Outhouse for fast teleportation around. You can also go for the DLC trophy (if you have it) and access the cave East of the Snowy Mountain Outhouse.

Edited by yewjhin
New map link

DLC: The Snowy Mountains Trophy Guide

Overview

Estimate difficulty: 4/10

Offline: 1

Online: 0

Approximate time: 30 minutes

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Trophy Breakdown: 1

(G)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/13.jpg Frozen Justice (G)

Kill the Taking Tree

First all of all, it is recommended to be around Lvl 18-20. To get this trophy, first you need to enter the cave located East of the Snowy Mountain Outhouse. The enemies here are all very tough and I suggest having a decent Fire/Nature weapon. I had melee weapons with 500-700 Fire/Nature Damage and it made my life very comfortable for the normal mobs. Bring lots of non-Ice Bazooka and Grenades, as well as Orbs of Invulnerability too and these will make this task easy. The path inside the cave is pretty linear but littered with high level enemies, especially the Ice Giants that pack a punch. You can bring up the map with :l1: to see where you’re heading.

Eventually you’ll come across an Lvl 21 Orque Boss. This guy can freeze you in position, but when he did so, he didn’t attack me (glitch?) while I was locked in place (you can still attack him though). Defeating him will open up the gate and the path up to the Talking Tree, which is a Level 22 Boss. For these two guys, all I did was throw an Orb of Invulnerability standing next to them and unleash all my Grenades and Bazookas (the splash area effect will kill you if you’re not invulnerable). Both bosses will summon minions at various intervals but if you're using my strategy you should be able to take them down very shortly. Remember to press :l2: to lock on to them.

Edited by yewjhin
Spell Check

Can you access the outhouses in the the first level of the game (P.O.W. Camp) or do they available later in the game.

Nope. If there's a tape around them then they are just for resurrection purposes, these are mostly found in dungeons and the POW Camp is such. The first actual usable Outhouse is the "First Teleporting Outhouse" near the battlefield

Nope. If there's a tape around them then they are just for resurrection purposes, these are mostly found in dungeons and the POW Camp is such. The first actual usable Outhouse is the "First Teleporting Outhouse" near the battlefield

Thanks for the reply. I figured that out myself:rolleyes:....LOL Great guide by the way,,,Good Work.

Konichiwa is not a missable trophy, you can go check out the library book any time.

I just got it after completing the game.

after killing the chef/second thong boss, the book is available at the library.

also, is it me or does the trophy description for "frozen justice" say Kill the Taking Tree..... It's clear as day on my xmb.

Edited by Minarum

So here's what the devs has to say with the glitch of Rudolph not appearing:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in the game and sorry to hear about the issue you are having with it.

This issue is very rare which has been extremely difficult to reproduce reliably and we are aware of it and we thank you for your help on this matter. The only solutions we may suggest are:

- reboot your machine and reload your save game and replay the Santa sequence and revisit the barn where Rudolf is supposed to spawn

- if the issue persists try loading up another save file you may have created in another slot relatively close to this spot and replay the sequence

- if all of the above doesn't work, and although not ideal, replaying the game again and overwriting the current save file will resolve this

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and this could take some time to figure out since the reproducibility of this issue is very hard to pinpoint.

Best regards,

Mark

Hothead Games

after killing the chef/second thong boss, the book is available at the library.

also, is it me or does the trophy description for "frozen justice" say Kill the Taking Tree..... It's clear as day on my xmb.

Thanks, has been mentioned by RecklessOblivion previously though.

That is one weird glitch. I have suggested that future readers who encounter it try the "Lost & Found" first before reverting back to their backup safe. I actually didn't realize I picked it up the first time and spent a few cycles getting dumped into the dungeon and I was like :confused: :mad:. But figured it out and :)

Sorry for your loss though and thanks for letting us know

Edited by yewjhin

May I know what/where is this 'Coming Soon' sign?

A few members have pointed out it is still obtainable after the Wortten boss event. Do you mean after you defeat the Taking Tree that the library is closed?

EDIT: I just checked Gamefaqs and more people are reporting it is missable, so I have re-classified it as missable.

Edited by yewjhin

Could someone else test this out for me?

Reloading the ps3

Using a backup save before the Santa fight

Going to Lost & Found

Then I just let my lv21 Deathspank get killed by the reindeers for the heck of it (yes, I was about to give up then and do everything again :mad:) and that actually solved the problem for me as once respawned, the red-nose bastard was just standing there >.<

Anyways, I'm off to finish the game now after giving reddy, Shank's Mega-Bloody Motor-Saw multiple times.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/712/03.jpg Primp V.I.P. (B)

See all 20 of Madame Primp's Outfits

This trophy is Missable and you may unintentionally kill her in the process of looking for the Heart of Gold for the General. If you do, quit to XMB immediately and reload the game. Hopefully the game did not save when you killed her, otherwise you’re screwed.

Madame Primp resides in her brothel in the Town of Strumfuquel. Talk to her and keep selecting the first option to pass her conversation and you’ll be presented with the option to get naughty with her. Each time you choose to do so, she will present a list of 4 Outfits that you can select for her to wear. A checklist is available below and she cycles through each group of 4 outfits each time you engage her.

You should mention that you cannot open the chest in her room until after getting the trophy. Thats how i screwed this one up, i saw the chest and opened it before realizing this was a trophy spot.

Could someone else test this out for me?

Reloading the ps3

Using a backup save before the Santa fight

Going to Lost & Found

Then I just let my lv21 Deathspank get killed by the reindeers for the heck of it (yes, I was about to give up then and do everything again :mad:) and that actually solved the problem for me as once respawned, the red-nose bastard was just standing there >.<

Anyways, I'm off to finish the game now after giving reddy, Shank's Mega-Bloody Motor-Saw multiple times.

I had someone test that and it didn't work.

You should mention that you cannot open the chest in her room until after getting the trophy. Thats how i screwed this one up, i saw the chest and opened it before realizing this was a trophy spot.

Good idea, i'll put that in

Great guide. Funny how those two missable trophies make the trophies for this game way more confusing or difficult than the first game. I would have never thought to look for the book on Japanese for instance, although the outfits I may have messed with just for the heck of it.

Anyway looks like this glitch is more common than maybe Hothead thinks. Roodolph also didn't appear for me, but I did exactly what theone said here, sort of. I had killed all of the reindeer as well as the enemies around the pen, and no item. So I let Santa lock me up again, with no way to die, and finished the dungeon and still the reindeer did not respawn.

I let the guys around the pen kill me instead and once I resurrected at the outhouse, Roodolph and Dooxer(?) were there.

I guess alternatively I could have tried killing myself with something like a bazooka or raygun overheats and seen if just resurrecting in the Reindeer Outhouse fixes the bug.

I'm pretty sure checking the lost and found desperately is not the way to get around this, just that Roodolph is not appearing for people.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

I've added that as a potential solution and also linked your post in the Guide, hopefull it'll help anyone who encounters this glitch.

My theory is that if you leave the area (maybe) or die, the game refreshes or respawns all enemies apart from those you killed.

Edited by yewjhin