Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 09-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #21
theone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadSkin View Post
So here's what the devs has to say with the glitch of Rudolph not appearing:
Could someone else test this out for me?

I got that same glitch and tried everything beforehand:

Reloading the ps3
Using a backup save before the Santa fight
Going to Lost & Found

Then I just let my lv21 Deathspank get killed by the reindeers for the heck of it (yes, I was about to give up then and do everything again ) and that actually solved the problem for me as once respawned, the red-nose bastard was just standing there >.<

Anyways, I'm off to finish the game now after giving reddy, Shank's Mega-Bloody Motor-Saw multiple times.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #22
broadsword93

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewjhin View Post
Primp V.I.P.
See all 20 of Madame Primp's Outfits

This trophy is Missable and you may unintentionally kill her in the process of looking for the Heart of Gold for the General. If you do, quit to XMB immediately and reload the game. Hopefully the game did not save when you killed her, otherwise you’re screwed.

Madame Primp resides in her brothel in the Town of Strumfuquel. Talk to her and keep selecting the first option to pass her conversation and you’ll be presented with the option to get naughty with her. Each time you choose to do so, she will present a list of 4 Outfits that you can select for her to wear. A checklist is available below and she cycles through each group of 4 outfits each time you engage her.

You should mention that you cannot open the chest in her room until after getting the trophy. Thats how i screwed this one up, i saw the chest and opened it before realizing this was a trophy spot.

LOOKING TO BOOST FAMILY FEUD DECADES
broadsword93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #23
yewjhin

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
Could someone else test this out for me?

I got that same glitch and tried everything beforehand:

Reloading the ps3
Using a backup save before the Santa fight
Going to Lost & Found

Then I just let my lv21 Deathspank get killed by the reindeers for the heck of it (yes, I was about to give up then and do everything again ) and that actually solved the problem for me as once respawned, the red-nose bastard was just standing there >.<

Anyways, I'm off to finish the game now after giving reddy, Shank's Mega-Bloody Motor-Saw multiple times.
I had someone test that and it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadsword93 View Post
You should mention that you cannot open the chest in her room until after getting the trophy. Thats how i screwed this one up, i saw the chest and opened it before realizing this was a trophy spot.
Good idea, i'll put that in

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:33 AM   #24
syntheticgerbil

Great guide. Funny how those two missable trophies make the trophies for this game way more confusing or difficult than the first game. I would have never thought to look for the book on Japanese for instance, although the outfits I may have messed with just for the heck of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post

Anyway looks like this glitch is more common than maybe Hothead thinks. Roodolph also didn't appear for me, but I did exactly what theone said here, sort of. I had killed all of the reindeer as well as the enemies around the pen, and no item. So I let Santa lock me up again, with no way to die, and finished the dungeon and still the reindeer did not respawn.

I let the guys around the pen kill me instead and once I resurrected at the outhouse, Roodolph and Dooxer(?) were there.

I guess alternatively I could have tried killing myself with something like a bazooka or raygun overheats and seen if just resurrecting in the Reindeer Outhouse fixes the bug.

I'm pretty sure checking the lost and found desperately is not the way to get around this, just that Roodolph is not appearing for people.

Last edited by syntheticgerbil; 09-25-2010 at 04:57 AM.
syntheticgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:46 AM   #25
yewjhin

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5

I've added that as a potential solution and also linked your post in the Guide, hopefull it'll help anyone who encounters this glitch.

My theory is that if you leave the area (maybe) or die, the game refreshes or respawns all enemies apart from those you killed.

Last edited by yewjhin; 09-25-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:57 AM   #26
PowerCobra98

Lot of good info in this guide. Hopefully the glitches won't hit me, I'm only entering the Dark Forest at this point so knowing ahead of time what to look for is very useful.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #27
Pattymayonnaise

Default Blood mountains cave

Hmm.. Either I have completely missed something or I have a new bug.
Blood mountains cave. Where the hell is it?
Pattymayonnaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #28
yewjhin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattymayonnaise View Post
Hmm.. Either I have completely missed something or I have a new bug.
Blood mountains cave. Where the hell is it?
Furthest northwest point of the World Map, next to the Crazy Husband Outhouse

Old 09-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #29
Pattymayonnaise

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewjhin View Post
Furthest northwest point of the World Map, next to the Crazy Husband Outhouse
Derp. Of course it is. Thanks!
Pattymayonnaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #30
theone

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil View Post
I guess alternatively I could have tried killing myself with something like a bazooka or raygun overheats and seen if just resurrecting in the Reindeer Outhouse fixes the bug.
I did some tests since I got 100% (all thanks to this guide) yesterday , using my backup save (right before Santa).

Test 1: (This scenario assumes you’re right before encountering Santa for the first time)
Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Let the reindeers kill me => Rudolph

Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Let outside enemies kill me => Rudolph

Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Killed myself with bazooka shots => Rudolph

Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Killed all reindeers => Killed myself with bazooka shots => Rudolph

Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Killed all reindeers => Went to a different outhouse on the North pole => Killed myself with bazooka shots => Rudolph

Test 2: (This scenario assumes you exited the game before killing any reindeer)
Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Saved via Exit

Load Saved => Killed myself with bazooka shots (Didn't work) => Let the reindeers kill me => Rudolph

Load Saved => Let outside enemies kill me (Didn't work) => Let the reindeers kill me => Rudolph

Load Saved => Killed all reindeers => Killed myself with bazooka shots => Rudolph

Load Saved => Killed all reindeers => Santa => Dungeon => Let outside enemies kill me => Rudolph

Load Saved => Killed all reindeers => Santa => Dungeon => Teleport to non-north pole outhouse => Teleport back (Didn't work)

Test 3: (This scenario assumes you exited the game after leaving at least one reindeer alive)
Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Killed one reindeer => Saved via Exit

Load Saved => Killed myself with bazooka shots (Didn't work) => Let the reindeers kill me => Rudolph

Load Saved => Let outside enemies kill me (Didn't work) => Let the reindeers kill me => Rudolph

Update
Test 3.1:
Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Left one reindeer alive => Saved via Exit

Load Saved => Let the single reindeer ram myself to death => Rudolph

Test 4: (This scenario assumes you exited the game after killing all the reindeers via DAMN IT!!!)
Load backup => Santa => Dungeon => Killed all reindeers => Saved via Exit

Load Saved => Killed myself with bazooka shots (Didn't work) => Let outside enemies kill me (Didn't work)

Load Saved => Santa => Dungeon => Killed myself with bazooka shots (Didn't work) => Let outside enemies kill me (Didn't work)

These routes that end with => Rudolph means that it works for that test scenario.

To make it simple, if you went through Santa and his dungeon the first time and didn’t saved via exiting the game, all you need to do is kill yourself in any sort of way and when you respawn, Rudolph and the reindeer “Vooxen” should be standing there. Likewise if you did saved via exit after going through the dungeon BUT didn’t kill all the reindeers, then just let the remaining reindeer(s) kill you and it results in the Rudolph and Vooxen showing up like the bastards that they are. However, if you killed all the reindeers AND then saved via exit, I’m afraid that I couldn’t find a working route in that scenario.

Those with save files before Santa can follow one of my test routes. I have heard from several people that the solution works for both ps3 and xbox360 versions of the game for them.
(Thanks syntheticgerbil for relaying this post)

So this particular solution from the results, works for me unless I murder all the reindeers and exit the game (really recommend having a backup file or not killing every single reindeer ).

Hopefully this can help out others while Hothead works on a proper fix.

Last edited by theone; 09-26-2010 at 02:34 AM.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deathspank, thongs of virtue, trophy guide, yewjhin, yewjhin86