PS3 Version Shafted?

Alright, so the 360 version of the game has unique achievement icons. The PS3 version of the game uses trophy icons from the previous two games. What's up with that? There also seems to be more frame-rate inconsistencies and screen-tearing issues than the previous two games, but that's a different topic.
Erm... Call me crazy, but shouldn't you be more annoyed with the frame rate and screen tearing problems? Lazy trophy tiles are never fun but they aren't so bad that they should be your main concern. I'd be way more pissed about the game playing like ass due to frame rate drops, myself.

Are you serious! I can't believe they are the EXACT same tiles! Some of them have nothing to do with the trophy you're going for. You get a picture of Santa Claus for beating the game on insane difficulty WTF!

If this is a mistake, it's a pretty big one! Either that or they were being insanely lazy.

Is there any way it can be fixed? I'm guessing not at this point! WTF were they thinking lol!

uncharted 2 used the same trophies as uncharted 1

so?

they clearly made a mistake (santa picture next to completing on hard...), not so terrible i guess

u get the trophy, not like u spend hours and hours of looking at the pictures

Edited by jersyi

Ok, i'm a big trophy guy, i think everyone on here is, but this is the first where i've noticed of people getting upset over what? The pictures of the trophies?!

For real?? as long as they aren't glitched, what the hell does it matter what the pictures are just as long as a gold trophy is a gold trophy.

Ok, i'm a big trophy guy, i think everyone on here is, but this is the first where i've noticed of people getting upset over what? The pictures of the trophies?!

For real?? as long as they aren't glitched, what the hell does it matter what the pictures are just as long as a gold trophy is a gold trophy.

Framerate and tearing is fine???

You obviously haven't lurked here long enough. There are entire threads dedicated to the "worst trophy images" in these forums and entire debates over which have the best trophy images. :rofl:

Personally, I like nice trophy art. Makes me want to go back and look at the list again. If Just Cause 2 hadn't been such an awesome game the trophy images for it would have irked me more than they did.

Edited by BFenris

I sent an e-mail to Hothead Games last night. They responded today by saying they would look into it.

:think:

Lol. I'm pretty sure its just a coding error on there part. If they have completely new trophy tiles for the 360 version, I don't see why the PS3 won't be getting it.

Then again, this could be Just Cause 2 all over again :eek:.

I feel like they got a bit lazy with this game.

Like I mentioned before, the frame-rate and screen tearing seem to be worse than the two previous games.

The map is poorly detailed and is somewhat hard to read once you start getting to areas with islands.

The auto-lock-on for barrels seem to be hit-and-miss at times, where it worked perfectly in the previous games.

They've also made the game more linear, as in you hardly do any back-tracking. It's nice I guess, but totally defeats the purpose of having the outhouses. In the previous games, you really needed them because you were traveling back-and-forth quite a bit. In The Baconing, they just serve as spawn points instead of travel areas.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game I just don't feel like it was much of an improvement over the previous game, or the first game for that matter.

So 5 years into the life of PS3 we still have this problem? This is quite sad I can understand when PS3 launched with it's brand new coding but this should not happen this late into the life cycle. You would think after 5 years dicking around with new coding you would actually pick up how to do it, perfecting it is a different story but I would think they could at least understand it enough not to make these kind of errors. (seems like lazy errors).

Well since the Xbox360 Vers got a set of icons, I guess there might be some mistake in the code... I guess...

Also with the framerate drop, I guess if enough ppl complain, there might be a patch in the works...

Hothead Forums • View topic - Huge PS3 Disappointing

they have announced on that thread that the trophies are a bug and they are working on a solution, nothing about the frame rate

they have announced on that thread that the trophies are a bug and they are working on a solution, nothing about the frame rate

Nice. I hope they get it sorted out properly.

I don't think they will patch the frame-rate or screen-tearing. They don't really break the game that much, they are more of just a slight annoyance. The first two games had similar issues as well, not as bad as The Baconing, though.