Rate the trophy difficulty  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 3.82

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

I vote a 3 as well. The toughest challenges for me were the Wumpas in the Blarney Mine, the twenty ants and three kangacows (?) in the arena, Thurston the Midgard Serpent, and the final AntiSpank battle.

Wumpas - use fire against them. Huge difference. And don't let them get in melee range on Insane unless you have an orb (two hits = death). Use an orb of Invincibility when three attack you at once; then go to town with your melee.

Ants - use fire or ice weapons (can't remember which now). And don't go up against them when you're level 16 on Insane. lol - i am such a dork.

Kangacows - like Alx681 said, reflect projectiles. My mistake was to bring a knife to a gunfight and try to melee them all. Not a good idea. Get some distance between you and them, then just reflect their lactulose projectiles back at them until they drop.

Midgard Serpent - toughest fight for me on Insane. I started another thread detailing strategy for him and his mini-crocodile selves. Maybe I had a glitch, but the weapons he dropped did nothing to his minions, so I used Black Holes to dispose of them. Worked great. Orb of Invincibility to melee the big croc, black holes for the little crocs. (BTW, how Thurston talks is one of the most humorous things I've ever heard in a video game).

AntiSpank - Reflect projectiles to kill Torso, then Orb of Invincibility to melee both arms. Easier than Thurston the Midgard Serpent.

• 2 weeks later...

3/10.

I found this game to be the hardest to get 100% of all of the Deathspank titles.. obviously because you are required to beat the game twice.

Insane difficulty is harder than easy (downtrodden) and you will noticeably die more on insane.

I found this to be the worst of the Deathspank trilogy unfortunately:(

It felt like a rushed, unpolished realease and there was nothing new. Money has very little use compared to the other deathspanks. All weapons and armor are found in treasure chests or drops from enemies, which makes the weapon store obselete.

If you liked the previous deathspank games, then you will still enjoy the baconing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Voted 3 aswell, this game sat on my backlog for 4 years, because i was stuck in that zimon canals puzzle and didn't want to check it out, following my new year's gaming resolution decided that this couldn't be incomplete so i got to work :p

First played in downtroded and the game was pretty simple, no boss gave that much trouble, then, in insane, had to repeat some areas over and over but nothing too complicated...

Gets easier as people said, just use Reflect and Bashing and ranged attacks, charged ranged attacks in particular. Midgard Serpent and Antispank weren't that bad, abused reflect on both battles and they were pretty quick :)

For the "never tell me the odds" trophy, none of the strategies i read were working so i equipped 2 ranged weapons, got it this way on insane mode

Overall, not a bad game, but the Deathspank Series has seen better, nevertheless the funny dialogs and Michael Dobson's voice acting are the best you can take from this game

Edited by Semifreak de Bolacha

• 7 years later...

Voting a 4/10 on this last instalment to the series.  This one has been made unnecessarily grindy.  Still fun to play but compared to the first two, I had died countless of times with this DeathSpank III of a game.  I love the fact that we are given multiple outfits for FREE or was it always like this in the first 2?

Having to change outfits regularly really adds a bit of 'freshness' and excitement to the game.

Edited by Naps
Playing on Insane difficulty is not difficult nor was it insane.