Thoughts on the demo?

Hi, all!:D I was wondering what you all thought about the demo. I liked the concept of death track, it was like a dlable version of full auto 2, but unfortunately much, much worse imo, mostly cause of the controls. These controls along convinced me not to get this game, unless it got better somehow. Everything else was fine, but the controls were just horrible, probably the worst I've ever experienced, or at least up there, lol.:p Your thoughts?

Edited by Dreadnought190

Yeah. The steering feels way more slippery than Anarchy: Rush Hour. Or maybe it's because it was the demo. I was also confused with the controls on how to use the weapons.

I was thinking of buying the full version even though it has bad reviews, but I'm already playing a racing game that's better, but getting on my nerves as I'm playing it (Modnation Racers). Also, even though I liked Anarchy, I still hated the steering of the vehicles. It's still on sale for 8 bucks, but...I don't know what to do.

Having bought the full game immediately, I would definitely regret my buy if I didn't got the first plat in the world for this game. And still one month after getting it, nobody except me has platted it (according the PS3TrophyGuide.com).

Seriously, the controls sucks, the difficulty is really insane with the challenges (and mostly because of the gameplay), the tracks and combats are a complete mess, there's no way to defend yourself against an attack... The game is just frustrating as hell.

I didn't play Full Auto so I can't make a comparison between the two. The only good point the game has is having a (P). But like I said in my guide, the plat for this game is hard like Wipeout HD, but the game sucks like Anarchy: Rush Hour. And actually, if I thought Anarchy was a bad game, I managed to enjoy it at some point. Until the grind to get every car.

So my main thought is to not buy this game, except if you really enjoyed the demo, or if you want to get a hard plat. But for the latter, get Wipeout HD instead.

Edited by Linkinito

I saw your guide and even in the first post you said this is a combination of Wipeout's difficulty with Anarchy's bad controls. So I'm gonna stick with skipping with this game. Like I said in my previous post, I already have a frustrating racing game with bad online. I sure as hell don't wanna two racing games with a high difficulty and bad online.

Even though it's kinda disappointing to miss out on buying this game for $8, it's even worser to spend $15 on this game. Hell, even World of Outlaws Sprint Cars is a rerelease from the 360 and now only it sucks, it's $20. I feel bad you had to pay full price for this game, Linkinito.

Well, I maybe payed full price for the game, but I had much luck:

- When checking the PSN update list, the game appeared nowhere in the trophy websites

- The game had a plat

- The plat was hard

In fact, the biggest problem is on retail games, some people can have the game very very very early and can get the plat before the game hits the shelves. Here it wasn't possible since it was a PSN release. And I knew I had a chance to get a world first plat.

So maybe the game was crappy, but these 15 bucks I paid are worthing it, I think. Not many people can claim having a world first plat.

Well, I maybe payed full price for the game, but I had much luck:

- When checking the PSN update list, the game appeared nowhere in the trophy websites

- The game had a plat

- The plat was hard

In fact, the biggest problem is on retail games, some people can have the game very very very early and can get the plat before the game hits the shelves. Here it wasn't possible since it was a PSN release. And I knew I had a chance to get a world first plat.

So maybe the game was crappy, but these 15 bucks I paid are worthing it, I think. Not many people can claim having a world first plat.

Congrats getting the first Death Track (P) in the world man!!:D Must feel pretty damn good.;) But, yeah, I'm definately gonna skip this game, if it weren't for the confusing control schematic and the controls themselves, this game could've been really good. Also hitting certain objects stops you dead in the middle of the race, costing you your 1st place position, which really sucks big time!!:mad: Happened to me, got in first place, hit this road split and BOOM lost like 50 feet before the finish line on the last lap...*growls loudly*:mad: Oh well. Could've been a good game.

Yep, I agree. I've raged so much on this game, much more than on Wipeout. In the latter, the opponents were cheating, but the gameplay was perfect. In DTR, the gameplay is very bad, and the opponents are cheating too.

It could have been good but there's so many things screwed up... :p

Anyway, nearly two months after I got the plat, nobody else got it. It seems the Pro challenges are holding some guys from the plat... And I'd like to do videos, but I'm so disgusted about doing them again... It's really a "never again" plat. It's like the atomic bombing of Hiroshima: NEVER AGAIN!

So never buy this game. You'll miss a PSN plat, but it's something you should definitively miss.

Yep, I agree. I've raged so much on this game, much more than on Wipeout. In the latter, the opponents were cheating, but the gameplay was perfect. In DTR, the gameplay is very bad, and the opponents are cheating too.

It could have been good but there's so many things screwed up... :p

Anyway, nearly two months after I got the plat, nobody else got it. It seems the Pro challenges are holding some guys from the plat... And I'd like to do videos, but I'm so disgusted about doing them again... It's really a "never again" plat. It's like the atomic bombing of Hiroshima: NEVER AGAIN!

So never buy this game. You'll miss a PSN plat, but it's something you should definitively miss.

Yeah, I'll definately skip this. I thought Anarchy: Rush Hour was way better than this. It may not be perfect, but I definately got my money's worth. 8 bucks for like 35+ hours of enjoyment getting as many trophies as I did (though hated doing the grinding for buying all the cars:mad:) is a steal IMO.:) There's something about that game, I don't know what, but it reminds me of golden memories of when I used to start playing games, or something similar. I only played the demo of DeathTrack once so far, the controls were just...awful:mad:

Edited by Dreadnought190

I really agree. At first I thought Anarchy was a very bad game, but I actually enjoyed it. The "space" gameplay was fun, at least. :D And 7 bucks, 46 trophies, including a plat... Cheapest plat ever, everybody should get it. Of course the grind was a pain, but for 7 bucks... Bargain :dance:

DTR is twice as expensive, and ten times crappier than ARH (it has a 2.5 average score on the European PSN, bad game!). Not surprised after 2 months I'm still the only one to have the plat! :rofl:

(According to PS3TrophyGuide.com of course, and it seems only 300 people with a trophy card have the game...)

Edited by Linkinito