Deadstorm Pirates - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

OnceFallen

http://i.imgur.com/fgGWYN4.png

Credit to RomanClaret for the banner.

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 5.5/10 (Estimated)

-Offline (breakdown): 13 (9 (B), 3 (S), 1 (G))

-Online (breakdown): 0

- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 7-10 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:

-Number of missable trophies: None

- Glitched trophies: None

- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Introduction

Arr ye matey, come aboard for an adventure of epic proportions. Deadstorm Pirates is light gun game based on, well, pirates. Bundled with Time Crisis: Razing Storm, this game stands out as a highlight on the disc. With its unique additions to the normal light gun formula, it challenges more than your shooting abilities. One minute you’re propelling cannonballs at menacing ghost ships, the next you’re blasting bats on island rapids or frantically steering your ship away from the grasping arms of the Kraken. DeadStorm Pirates strongly emphasizes two-player cooperative play, but can also be played as a single player title. The trophies for the game are very straight forward and pretty easy for the most. The main trophy that will give you fits and makes the game get it's higher difficulty rating is for beating the game without continuing (or in other words, without dying ever).

Walkthrough

Step 1: Play Arcade Mode

Start a game on Arcade Mode (either one or two players) on Very Easy difficulty and beat the game. If you need additional continues to finish the game, keep starting a new game, die right away and then don't continue so it goes to game over (it will add additional credits available everytime you do this). While playing through the game you will want to aim for the following things:

• Finish A Wheel Action challenge with less than .10 seconds left on the timer (And A Bottle Of Rum)
  • Work towards 10000 kills (Davy Jones' Locker) & 100 "Nice Combination!" ratings (Sharpshooter)
  • Obtain S Ranks on every stage (Navigator Of The High Seas) *Only if playing 1-player*
  • Get a Teamwork Level of 100% on a stage (Synchronized Shooting) *Can be done legit in 2-player mode or more easily by 1-player mode with 2 controllers, see Synchronized Shooting description for details*
  • Beat the game without using a continue (Ruler Of The Seven Seas) *Not required in this step by any means*

After you complete the game, you will get Cleared Stormy Sea, Cleared Cave, Cleared Mountain Stream, Cleared Great Whirlpool, & Cleared Treasure.

Step 2: Play Ranking Mode

Start up a game in Ranking Mode (one or two players) and beat the game within the amount of credits it gives you: 3 for one player mode, 6 for two players mode. Please note that you have to play on Normal difficulty during this run, so it will be slightly more difficult than the previous playthrough, but you should have a better idea of what to expect this time, so it shouldn't be much more difficult. When you beat the game, you will get Captain of the Seas & A New Beginning.

Step 3: Clean Up

Go back and clean up any trophies you are missing at this point. Remember to put the difficulty level to Very Easy for an easier run through to get everything. After you get the final one, sit back and enjoy your 100% on the game!

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 29/02/2016.

Trophy Guide

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/05.jpg Cleared Stormy Sea (B)

Clear the Stormy Sea in Arcade.

This is story related and can not be missed if you finish the game!

This must be done in ARCADE mode! If you are having problems with it, then set the difficulty level to Very Easy. If you are still struggling after that, then keep starting a game and let yourself get killed immediately so you get game over as it will then give you get 2 additional credits for the next playthrough on that difficulty (they accumulate after each attempt, so just keep going until you feel you have enough to get you through the level).

Boss:[spoiler=Seas]The boss of this level is two enemy ships. You are given cannon weapons to attack them, but they need to recharge between shots (takes about 2 seconds to do so), so make sure you watch the enemy ships as they will fire cannons of their own at you that you must shoot down. After you destroy the first ship, repeat the same method for the second one until it falls.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/06.jpg Cleared Mountain Stream (B)

Clear the Mountain Stream.

This must be done in ARCADE mode! If you are having problems with it, then set the difficulty level to Very Easy. If you are still struggling after that, then keep starting a game and let yourself get killed immediately so you get game over as it will then give you get 2 additional credits for the next playthrough on that difficulty (they accumulate after each attempt, so just keep going until you feel you have enough to get you through the level).

Boss:[spoiler=stream]The boss of this stage is a giant lobster creature. Just like the other bosses, your main goal will be to hit a number of targets across it's body before it attacks you. After it takes enough damage, you will have to do a few wheel action challenges to avoid it's attacks. After it completes those, you will go back to attacking random spots on it's claws. Again, after it takes a decent amount of damage, it will climb up the canyon wall and destroy part of it, sending pieces down at you which you must destroy before they hit you. After that, keep attacking its random spots until it's dead!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/07.jpg Cleared Cave (B)

Clear the Cave in Arcade.

Boss:[spoiler=Cave]The boss of this level is a giant snake. It will chase you through the caves as you ride a hanging mine cart. When battling him, there will be a large number of spots in his mouth you must hit before he attacks you. In between attacking him, you will have to navigate through the tunnels by either destroying debris in your way or navigating the cart around them (via wheel challenges). Near the end of the battle, you will have to blow up dynamite barrels to finish it off.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/08.jpg Cleared Great Whirlpool (B)

Clear the Great Whirlpool in Arcade.

Boss:[spoiler=Whirlpool]The boss of this level is the Kraken, whom you actually are dealing with almost the entire level. During the boss battle you are going to have to shoot targets on its tentacles that pop up. After a while of shooting him normally, you will switch to cannons to finish him off with by target spots on its body and then mouth.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/09.jpg Cleared Treasure (B)

Clear the Treasure in Arcade.

Boss:[spoiler=Treasure]The boss of this level is a phantom pirate with 2 forms.

First Form:

At the beginning of the battle, the pirate with teleport around the deck of the ship and you must hit spots on him before he attacks. He will then teleport close to you and you will very quickly have to hit the spots on him. Next he will teleport around VERY quickly, then appear above you and you will have to attack the spots before he lands. After you do that, he will open a ton of portals around the ship that will spawn a huge number skeleton enemies. Once they are all defeated, he will re-appear in the air and send floating skulls at you that you must destroy while trying to attack him in between. After hitting him, he will begin teleporting around the deck quickly again, then appear right next to you with spots to hit before he attacks (he will do this 2 times in a row). The third time he does this, he will appear in the air above you. After that, you will have to do a quick wheel action challenge to finish him off.

Second Form:

He will send flying skulls at you until he gets close and then he will open his head/mouth (you'll see) and you have to shoot the different segments of it before it attacks. It will repeat this pattern, but each time it opens its head/mouth, the spots will be in different spots, be more of them or both. Keep repeating the process until he falls.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/10.jpg A New Beginning (B)

Register a score in Ranking Mode.

At the main menu select Ranking Play (either One Player or Two Players) and start the game. You can either play the game after that point or just get some type of points and then let yourself die and don't continue so the game ends. After the game is over, it will load the leaderboard and the trophy will pop!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/11.jpg Synchronized Shooting (B)

Reach a Teamwork Level of 100%.

I believe that the description is wrong because this trophy doesn't mean that both players "aim in the same area for the entire stage", I think it stands for "S-ranking" a mission with two players.

Stage: Stormy Sea

Normal Mode

1 player

Ok, just do this stage and go for the S Rank (not get hit, get all treasures, etc.). Now when you get to the final part (the one when you control the cannon), plug in a second controller, push start and just finish the stage then the trophy will pop. Credit to jdgamer for this info.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/12.jpg Davy Jones' Locker (B)

Reach a total of 10000 kills.

This is cumulative and can be done on multiple playthroughs. Best level to get alot of kills on is the Mountain Stream one since it has alot of fish & bugs that you need to kill quickly and will easily give you a large amount of kills by the end of the level. Once you've killed over 10000 enemies, the trophy will pop!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/13.jpg And a Bottle of Rum (B)

Obtain a YO-HO-HO rating while manning the helm.

Complete a "Wheel Action" with minimal time remaining to earn a YO-HO-HO rating. This means you must complete it with less than .10 seconds left. You can do it on any of the time wheel action challenges, but it's easiest on the ones that you have to do quickly (ie. avoid a rock, an attack etc.) that are around 1.00 second in time. Once you get the YO-HO-HO rating from it, the trophy will pop!

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 28/02/2016.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/02.jpg Navigator of the High Seas (S)

Obtain an S rank in all stages.

You must play through the entire game on single player mode and get rankings of "S" in each level. This does not have to be done in one playthrough as it saves your scores and displays them on future plays. To get an S ranking, you must get as many points as possible, complete challenges as quickly as possible and take as little damage as possible. Also look for treasure chests, barrels and other destructible items in the stages as some contain items that give you score boosts as well. Try to play on Normal difficulty if you are having problems as it seems like "S" ranks unlocks a little easier. Once you achieve an "S" rank on all the stages, the trophy will pop!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/03.jpg Captain of the Seas (S)

Clear all stages in Ranking Mode from Stormy Sea onward.

At the main menu, select Ranking Mode (either One or Two Mode) and start the game. For 1 Player mode you must finish the entire game within the 3 credits you are given (so you can not die more than 3 times through all 5 levels). For 2 Player mode you are given 6 credits (so you can not die more than 6 times through all 5 levels). Once you complete the game, the trophy will pop!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/04.jpg Sharpshooter (S)

Obtain a 'Nice Combination!' rating 100 times.

You get "Nice Combination!" ratings by getting combos against hordes of enemies. You will probably getting this by just playing normally as I constantly was getting them by just playing the game normally. After you get your 100th one, the trophy will pop! This trophy is cumulative and can be done during multiple playthroughs. The first stage, Stormy Seas, is good one to harvest this trophy if you need to do so.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/782/01.jpg Ruler of the Seven Seas (G)

Clear all stages in Arcade Mode from Stormy Sea onward without continues.

This is hardest trophy in the game by far. You must play through Arcade Mode (single player or co-op) and finish the entire game without dying once. The best advice I can give you for this trophy is to set the difficulty to "Very Easy" and practice the stages repeatedly until you have them down pat. While practising, make mental notes of where the enemies come from, explosive barrel locations for quick kills, boss fight strategies etc. Once you complete the entire game without using a continue, then the trophy will pop!

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 28/02/2016.

Are most of these Move games not gonna have platinums? Now i'm debating on rather I should buy the Move or not.

The only Move game I know of that doesn't have a plat is Brunswick Pro Bowling. The only reason why this one doesn't have a platinum is because it's a bonus title on the Time Crisis: Razing Storm disc (which that title has a plat) along with Time Crisis 4 Arcade Ver. (another 100% one since it's another bonus game). It's actually a bonus that it has trophies because of those reason since on one disc you get a platinum game and two 100% ones.

Thanks for the guide. It will come in handy because I really suck in this game (very easy difficulty lol).

Btw, Kung fu Rider is a retail game for Move that doesn't have Platinum.

Really, didn't know that... It's one of the few ones that did appeal to me so I never looked into it. That's pretty crappy than...

The Trophy Synchronized Shooting. To get 100% teamwork accuracy. You need to also be shooting in the same spot. Both of you must be shooting in the same spot

Does it need to be done for an entire stage? I've tried doing it and keep getting like 95% or something...

Edit: Nevermind, just got it. Had to ignore the power-up crystal since it made combo shooting impossible.

Edited by OnceFallen

Synchronized Shooting, for 100% of the stage, shooting at the same target?

Question about S rank, is it possible to obtain S rank on very easy mode? I cleared stage 1 with full hp but still gotten an A rank.

I got S Rank on one of the stages and I was playing on Very Easy, but am still trying to get it on the rest (so far A's & B's, but I've taken damage in those, as well as missed items)... You really have to hit everything (including the treasure chests in the stage).

The only Move game I know of that doesn't have a plat is Brunswick Pro Bowling. The only reason why this one doesn't have a platinum is because it's a bonus title on the Time Crisis: Razing Storm disc (which that title has a plat) along with Time Crisis 4 Arcade Ver. (another 100% one since it's another bonus game). It's actually a bonus that it has trophies because of those reason since on one disc you get a platinum game and two 100% ones.

This makes me want it...going to check my gamefly que! If only I could find the time to finish the game I have...

Pretty sure S can only be obtained on normal or above, got 3 S from normal, none from very easy even when my scores are similar.

Is there a shortcut to treasure stage? I keep getting B for it, not sure what I'm missing, and playing through the whole game just for 1 stage is keeping me from my 100%.

Pretty sure S can only be obtained on normal or above, got 3 S from normal, none from very easy even when my scores are similar.

Is there a shortcut to treasure stage? I keep getting B for it, not sure what I'm missing, and playing through the whole game just for 1 stage is keeping me from my 100%.

I have gotten an S on Very Easy, so it is possible, but I have tried it on Normal and I was able to get 2 more on my first tries, so it might be easier on Normal, but it is possible on Very Easy as well.

Still lacking S in treasure stage. Any idea what am I missing? Cleared stage with 0 hp lost(I don't think hp lost affects S btw) I hit the 3 treasure chests in the beginning of the stage, never noticed any other chests, highest I gotten so far is still a B. Anyway to skip all the stages and go straight for treasure stage?

Still lacking S in treasure stage. Any idea what am I missing? Cleared stage with 0 hp lost(I don't think hp lost affects S btw) I hit the 3 treasure chests in the beginning of the stage, never noticed any other chests, highest I gotten so far is still a B. Anyway to skip all the stages and go straight for treasure stage?

I think losing HP does effect it slightly as I know there have been times where I've gotten hit once and did everything else perfectly and my score was a little below what it was when I made it through perfectly and did the same run. I'm still stuck on the Treasure one as well (plus Great Whirlpool). I don't see anything I'm missing either, but for some reason it just doesn't want to give me above an A, although I've taken damage every time, so that might be it (but doubt it).

As far as a jump right to it, I don't know a way other than beating the other stages which is annoying as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting those 's' ranks are a real hassle, but yea I got the last 's' on the last one, first of all i chose normal as most peple have said, it's much easier to get 's' ranks

getting 's' rank on the last stage is quite tricky...

at the very start, the camera will turn to the right, there are 2 treasure chests there for you to shoot, besides each other, do it quickly before the boss damages you,

Straight after the first attack on you, he'll teleport to the back of the boat, straight away start shooting the top of those stairs leading up, there's another chest, then quickly shoot the boss

this was the trickiest chest ever, i didn't spot untill my lil brother found it, theres comes a time, where skeletons start jumping out of the rifts, and constanly try to attack you, keep playing untill you reach a the part where 3 skeletons jump up real high(if you miss them, they will damage you) shoot all 3, STRAIGHT AWAY start shooting the lower right after shooting the skeletons as there is another treasure chest...

well that pretty much wraps it all up:

1. shoot/find all treasure chest

2. do not use a continue, as this will lower your chances of getting an 's'

(be sure to come with full health at the least)

3. be fast and VERY ACCURATE, avoiding damage

4. Good Luck

Still trying to get ruler of the seven seas, hopefully ill get there =D

Edited by T0ngan

i got ruler of the sea & 100%

i reached the final stage with about 45% health playing 1 player

in before entering the final stage i activated player 2 (playing both at the same time)

while playing against the boss i died (player 1) but didnt use his continue , i continued playing player 2

after finishing the boss without dying with player 2 i got the trophy

hope this will help

omg... you are the best... it works perfectly, unlucky though im just a lil too slow to shoot all those damn ghost skulls.... but i'll get there, however having p2 join the game whle p1 doesn't continue, is very cool!! helps so much....

gonna try it again tonight, hopefully getting this game at 100% =D