Worth it?

ossiecastro5

in my opinion yea its a really awesome but sorta short game but most games these days are pretty short so lets not hold that agenst it :D

the game is very funny deadpool is freakin hilarious but also a little bit gross in some of his comedy but thats part of his charm he hits all spectrums of comedy be it light humer all the way to dirty humer he hits them all very well

for the battle portion its also really well done i loved using the swords sais and hammers and the guns aswell hes fast and agile and its not super complicated to pull off a fight with like 20 enemies hes a true badass :D

i enjoyed it maybe not the price tag but i dont like the prices of any new games but im also usually low on money like most people so again lets not hold it agenst it its a great game u learn a little about deadpool and his 2 other personalities and how he sees the world and also its great that he actually talks strait to u like if ur constantly getting hit he will comment how bad u suck and that u should give the controller to someone else and its coments like that that made the game for me :p

in my opinion yea its a really awesome but sorta short game but most games these days are pretty short so lets not hold that agenst it :D

the game is very funny deadpool is freakin hilarious but also a little bit gross in some of his comedy but thats part of his charm he hits all spectrums of comedy be it light humer all the way to dirty humer he hits them all very well

for the battle portion its also really well done i loved using the swords sais and hammers and the guns aswell hes fast and agile and its not super complicated to pull off a fight with like 20 enemies hes a true badass :D

i enjoyed it maybe not the price tag but i dont like the prices of any new games but im also usually low on money like most people so again lets not hold it agenst it its a great game u learn a little about deadpool and his 2 other personalities and how he sees the world and also its great that he actually talks strait to u like if ur constantly getting hit he will comment how bad u suck and that u should give the controller to someone else and its coments like that that made the game for me :p

Comments appreciated. Had this preordered but working on cleaning up old games. Will get this. What game did this resemble to you? Is it like Wet, Wolverine or something else?

I'm a massive comic book fan, so when I heard this game was coming out I had to pre-order it.

Deadpool's humour is on-point. High Moon did absolutely amazing with this,

As mentioned above, it's quite short. I got it on the Thursday, finished it by the Sunday because I went casual on it. I've seen people say ~15 hours.

If you're not MASSIVE on it, I'd wait for a price drop, or go rental.

What game did this resemble to you? Is it like Wet, Wolverine or something else?

It kinda reminds me DmC but with a slacker, less-serious style. Like somebody came in and said "Make it a bit hack-and-slash but take the piss a little"

Comments appreciated. Had this preordered but working on cleaning up old games. Will get this. What game did this resemble to you? Is it like Wet, Wolverine or something else?

it kinda reminds me some like god of war meets devil may cry meets the batman arkham games and something else i cant put my finger on as of yet it has the easy comboes of god of war the finess and stylized fighting of dmc, the agility and feel somewhat like the arkham games but also something else i cant put my finger on oh and it also has some of the feel of spiderman the newer one not the old ones but that could just be the agility and the infight comments because spiderman is comedic as well but deadpool also has a style all its own its a game where u can enjoy it while playing it but also have alot of fun just hanging out in his apartment playing with his stuff :p

What game did this resemble to you? Is it like Wet, Wolverine or something else?

I haven't played Wolverine but I suppose it does play a little like WET.

It's very over the top but being a deadpool fan I personally enjoyed it. :D

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, so I knew I had to get the game and so far I'm not disappointed. But - let's be completely honest here: Are you a Deadpool fan? If so, get the game, you'll enjoy it thoroughly, it's such a him game. You are not a Deadpool fan you say? Than it's just a generic beat em up. It's not bad but not great either in that case. You have to love Deadpool to love the game, simple as that.

I'm a huge Deadpool fan, so I knew I had to get the game and so far I'm not disappointed. But - let's be completely honest here: Are you a Deadpool fan? If so, get the game, you'll enjoy it thoroughly, it's such a him game. You are not a Deadpool fan you say? Than it's just a generic beat em up. It's not bad but not great either in that case. You have to love Deadpool to love the game, simple as that.

well thats only half true i know alot of people who dident know who deadpool even was before they played this game and now there biting at the bits trying to learn more about him while yes if u love deadpool ull love this game aswell but this is also a great introductery to him aswell and this is far from ur average beatem up it has depth it has character it has a life all its own :p

Anyone play Lollipop Chainsaw? Deadpool looks a lot like that game, and I was just wondering if it is?

uhm no no this is nothing at all like lollipop chainsaw no just no while lpcs was a pretty good game in its own right this is nothing at all like it lol gameplay is far different just its completly different thats like asking if scooby-doo is like avatar lol there vastly different only thing they have in common is in the case of the games that there both games as scooby and avatar are both movies

Are you sure? I mean, they are both Meta, and they both are arcade-like in their presentation. I'm not asking if they are the same game ... more if I like Lollipop, will I like Deadpool?

You may. But I can't really say what you will or will not like :think:

Like Lollipop chainsaw, Deadpool has melee combos/moves, weapons to purchase, waves of enemies for the slaughter and some pretty crude humour (a deadpool essential) and linear levels. So in those points I guess it's pretty similar with a bit more of an emphasis on gunplay and the occasional platforming segments as well.

If in doubt, rent it out.

Edited by Malkav

well thats only half true i know alot of people who dident know who deadpool even was before they played this game and now there biting at the bits trying to learn more about him while yes if u love deadpool ull love this game aswell but this is also a great introductery to him aswell and this is far from ur average beatem up it has depth it has character it has a life all its own :p

I never said that if you don't know Deadpool the game isn't for you. I said if you're not a fan it's not. If you don't know anything about him of course there's a chance you might enjoy it, but there's an equal change you don't.

As for your statement that it's not an average beat em up...you're letting being a Deadpool fan blind you. I love the game and I love deadpool, mind you. But the gameplay is just that, an average beat em up.

• 3 weeks later...

No. Not at all. The game pads out its (extremely short) length by having cheap-ass enemy spawn ratios and a poor checkpoint system. The amount of rage and disappointment I have over this game is probably the highest I've felt in a decade. But you know what? I will finish this damn thing because I wanted to like it. And now I must punish myself for that.

• 7 months later...
Anyone play Lollipop Chainsaw? Deadpool looks a lot like that game, and I was just wondering if it is?

Yes, Deadpool looks like Lollipop Chainsaw. At least for the stupid humor and bloody fighting. It also remembers me Wolverine. BTW, this game is f*cking awesome! Very funny and the playability is very cool. I recommend this game to everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, save your money or rent it, there are so many cheap shots and glitches also randomness it's a joke, I'm sick to tired of trophies in games like this, you spend more time trying to gain the trophy than it was to play the game. I sent two full day gaining the challenge trophies and now I've spent another two days trying to get the 300 combo, too many time the npc will appear random, or the game will glitch and your killed through a wall or after you have teleported.

Nope, save your money or rent it, there are so many cheap shots and glitches also randomness it's a joke, I'm sick to tired of trophies in games like this, you spend more time trying to gain the trophy than it was to play the game. I sent two full day gaining the challenge trophies and now I've spent another two days trying to get the 300 combo, too many time the npc will appear random, or the game will glitch and your killed through a wall or after you have teleported.

300 hit combo is one of the easiest trophies actually.

Right at the beginning of Genosha, ( after bitch slapping Wolverine for a solid 3 full minutes, LOL! ) ... you get a wave of baddies, right after that, the first tubby shows up ( where Deadpool gives you shit for dropping his expensive camera ).

Do this on Ultra Violence ( of the tubby will be too weak )

Use your fully upgraded gear to get thru the baddies, then switch to un upgraded tsai. When he goes to attack, teleport behind him and start mashing :square: , when he goes to attack again, teleport behind him, and keep going ... so long as you stay behind him, you got it in the bag. :)

I screwed up though, because I had Deadpool maxed right out, so his double damage and critical hits were killing tubby long before I could get to 300, I had to reset my upgrades to zero and start over ... LOL. Oh well, live n learn right?

OT: If you got a bent sense of humor, yup, worth it. ( even, such as myself, if you have never heard of Deadpool before ) Good fun, a bit cheap at times in Ultra Violence... but still a hilarious game. ;)

• 2 years later...