Trouble with 'It's a trap!'

Malkav

It says "Score a combo of 75 or more while fighting up the stairs at the "Front Gates of EEEEEEEVIL!"

When I got there I used the sais on the three tubbies and got a combo of 85, no trophy popped. So I continued on to where there were more mutants and got another combo higher than 75, still no trophy :confused:

Is there a certain phase this has to be done in?

How did you go about getting it?

lol u went passed the area ur supposed to do it in :D when ur other halves ( ur on the last section of the floating landmasses u gotta hop across) the next time ur on solid ground is when u got to do it and u have from there up till u teleport to meet the tubbies to get its a trap and like previous poster said u gotta finish the combo not letting urself get hit

u also get You've been Cole-slaw-tered! for dying 10 times here aswell u can just jump off the side of the platform and not catch urself

Hi Wamba

i write here a Solution (as Predni), maybe helps you and the Combo must be finish, not interrupt by an Enemy or hit.

It's a Trap...Help.. - Xbox360Achievements.org

regards

Cheers mate :)

lol u went passed the area ur supposed to do it in :D when ur other halves ( ur on the last section of the floating landmasses u gotta hop across) the next time ur on solid ground is when u got to do it and u have from there up till u teleport to meet the tubbies to get its a trap and like previous poster said u gotta finish the combo not letting urself get hit

u also get You've been Cole-slaw-tered! for dying 10 times here aswell u can just jump off the side of the platform and not catch urself

Oh I see.. Well that's not worded very well at all is it? I assumed it had to be done on the stairs or in the area that you fight Sinister. :think: Well... The mystery is solved!

• 3 weeks later...
ow... great, i fully upgraded the sai..... i really don't want to fight my way back up there on ultra again.... i'm worried the bleed out damage will mess things up on easy and veteran.

I did it on Veteran with maxed out Sais and a maxed out shotgun. It probably took me more tries than necessary, but it's definitely doable on Veteran. :)

if saïs and everything is at their max, maybe you can go, on ultra, on the right (instead of the left) in the stairs.

if you do a double jump, then machine gun, while deadpool is in the air he'll take no damage, the combo is going up very fast, health is getting better (to 125) by this time. and sais just after to still get the combo growing up.

why going to the right ? plateforms are closer to each others, and some ennemies of the second one are coming to the first one. so you have the "material" needed for the combo (that's where i got my 75 on ultra, so just an L2 after the checkpoint).

if not, continue to the second plateform (there is still an ennemy with a machingun) and then next jump/teleport is only an L2 to the final plateform.

with the "flashy" grenads (hope you'll have seven at the beginning of this checkpoint), it's not an impossible challenge, even not really difficult in ultra-violence.

X+X, then R1, then (triple) square or triangle, then again X+X then R1, etc : that's a winning combo in ultra. sometimes R2 to flash them all, just to be peacefull while killing them and get the combo needed.

Edited by fregoli1

• 1 month later...

I did this on easy with unupgraded Sais and the unupgraded machine guns! Saved those for last! I read about this trophy on the forums and thought it would be hard but this combo made it insanely easy!! I got this combo with only the last 4-5 enemies on the final platform before the 'boss fight' platform if that makes any sense! =)

• 6 months later...

This trophy is testing the limits of my sanity ... Grrr... :mad:

** Edit **

Got it after resetting upgrades a fully spec'd Deadpool makes it REAL hard with the critical hits and double dmg upgrades ... UGH... couple attempts after resetting, done dealio. ;) lol

Edited by JohnnyTrucker