300 hit combo

DarkAmon

credit to VVh1pCr3am

use the SMG and Shotgun on the Blue shielded guy in "road to victory"

I did this, but nothing trophy at 300+ combo, possible bugged trophy?

EDIT: I got it, you need to kill someone with the combo on 300.

Edited by FlareZero

I made this video showing a very easy way to get the Be like Joe trophy as well as I can open doors!

All the best guys.

I got the "Be like Joe" on the last boss using the SAIS and Bear Traps on normal difficulty. It took forever!

I got a x499 Combo and did not receive the trophy. I am frustrated as to why it didn't come up. Anyone else know what the problem is?

did u let the combo die on its own or did it drop because u got hit? if u got hit it voids the combo and the trophy u must do the combo then avoid being hit till it drops on its own in otherwords do the combo then run to safty till it registers the combo

I got a x499 Combo and did not receive the trophy. I am frustrated as to why it didn't come up. Anyone else know what the problem is?

You have to wait a few seconds after you stop attacking for the combo to register. Did you get hit at all before it could register?

That happened a few times with me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's really simple. From chapter select pick Genosha, ultra-violence diff. When the fatty appears at the begining unload on him with unupgraded sai & evade with teleports. If U upgraded sais - backup save, reset upgrades & do as above. Easy & fast.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

It's really simple. From chapter select pick Genosha, ultra-violence diff. When the fatty appears at the begining unload on him with unupgraded sai & evade with teleports. If U upgraded sais - backup save, reset upgrades & do as above. Easy & fast.

That will work too :) The key is: bring your unupgraded sais and you'll rack up that combo very fast!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Couldn't pull it off there myself. Always got hit by his slam in really weird ways even though I clearly evaded it.

Instead I loaded up the second to last level on ultra violent, had all personal upgrades and no sai upgrades, went up the platform you have to flip jump up towards the beginning and then immediately dropped down and machine gunned the flying electrical guy till he was dead. Flip jumped back up the platform and there are a bunch of the claw chicks that come across the bridge to the circle platform you end up on.

Went across the bridge they came across and 3 more came out along with a machine gunner. I jumped and teleported as fast as possible to the machine gunner and gunned him down with a full machine gun clip and then jumped and teleported back to the bridge so the chicks are all coming towards me. I then used the sai and a few bear traps and got the combo on them with light attacks and counters.

You can easily rack up at least a 100 combo on one of the chicks alone before they die so technically you only need 3 alive, but I had like 5 just to be safe. When I hit 301 I didn't want to chance it and just jumped and teleported away until it banked.

Was the easiest place for me to get it.

Edited by snake2410

Not that hard...just use unupgraded Sais on 2 shielded enemies (blue aura)! Unload at one guy, counter to the other when he attacks and unload on him...rinse repeat! Got this quickly on my easy playthrough...think I could have gone on to 1000 combo if needed =)

Does not have to kill them, you just have to have it banked. IE not get hit during it.

I can confirm this 2 post.

1) yes, you don't have to kill anyone as long as you hit the 300 mark, I got 304 and inmediatly started to run for the game to save it. Did not kill anyone, and got the trophy moments later. What you need to do is avoid getting hit, until the game saves the 300 combo.

2) yeah, that what I did, after cable in genosha send you for the "second part" he needs, you will be in a section where there are a group of clones and 2 "shield" clones. (the ones that gives shields to the other clones, they have a small shiled on their heads).I killed all the non-shield on the head clones. So I started to hit with the not upgraded on easy difficuty shield guards, and was able to hit 305. Just hit Square and circle to evade. DO NOT hit Triangle or you will damage them and kill them. Pressing Square does not damage them. But hittem them count for the combo meter that is needed for the trophy.

I can confirm this 2 post.

1) yes, you don't have to kill anyone as long as you hit the 300 mark, I got 304 and inmediatly started to run for the game to save it. Did not kill anyone, and got the trophy moments later. What you need to do is avoid getting hit, until the game saves the 300 combo.

2) yeah, that what I did, after cable in genosha send you for the "second part" he needs, you will be in a section where there are a group of clones and 2 "shield" clones. (the ones that gives shields to the other clones, they have a small shiled on their heads).I killed all the non-shield on the head clones. So I started to hit with the not upgraded on easy difficuty shield guards, and was able to hit 305. Just hit Square and circle to evade. DO NOT hit Triangle or you will damage them and kill them. Pressing Square does not damage them. But hittem them count for the combo meter that is needed for the trophy.

Don't think many people realize it actually say "Bank" a 300 hit combo, which means let it register fully and not get lost by getting hit. So obvious that I didn't even realize it myself.

I found an easy way to get the 300-hit combo. I reset my upgrades and picked Genosha on Ultra-Violence as suggested, but you don't have Sais unlocked. I figured I'd just do a long combo on the first guys before the fat guy appeared to get enough points to unlock Sais. Instead, I got well over 300-hits on the first guys, just evading and hitting back and forth using only square. Got it my first try. Whenever the circle pops on top of someone's head, just do that.

did u let the combo die on its own or did it drop because u got hit? if u got hit it voids the combo and the trophy u must do the combo then avoid being hit till it drops on its own in otherwords do the combo then run to safty till it registers the combo

Great tip. No wonder I got 76 hit combo on the floating Island section and trophy Nvr pop.

• 2 weeks later...