My Rod of Legends is gone???

toddthefist

I did exactly from the guide and got Rod of Legends. But there was no rain, then I save the game and quit. But next time I found the Rod of Legends was missing(the side mission No.13 had started), and I headed to Jim again, but there was no Rod of Legends any more. I fished again with the normal rod, it only got my bait broken instead of the normal rod.

Anybody ever met this before? Where can I get the Rod of Legends once again?

I have heard of the rod disappearing if you finish the chapter by going back to the hotel before you land the blue fish a second time (closing the quest).

You mentioned that you saved, and quit, and that isn't an option during a chapter replay, so I assume this is your initial chapter run. Best thing I can say is just finish the chapter and try it again on a chapter replay.

If that fails, yeah, it will lock you out of the platinum on your first game - BUT you can always start a new game later, and speed run to that chapter, and finish that one quest quickly for the platinum. Because I think the reward is just the rod itself, and not a card. If it was a card being the actual reward, yeah, that would suck...

I'm not an expert though, actually going through the game the first time myself right now.

I have heard of the rod disappearing if you finish the chapter by going back to the hotel before you land the blue fish a second time (closing the quest).

You mentioned that you saved, and quit, and that isn't an option during a chapter replay, so I assume this is your initial chapter run. Best thing I can say is just finish the chapter and try it again on a chapter replay.

If that fails, yeah, it will lock you out of the platinum on your first game - BUT you can always start a new game later, and speed run to that chapter, and finish that one quest quickly for the platinum. Because I think the reward is just the rod itself, and not a card. If it was a card being the actual reward, yeah, that would suck...

I'm not an expert though, actually going through the game the first time myself right now.

Sorry for not clear, it was chapter selecting, I finished the chapter and quit. Still the rod of legends disappeared, so sad. Have to start a new game...

Thank you for tipping me anyway.