PAL region version performance?

Pols67

I was thinking of getting the game but after some research i'm in two minds. I saw a fair amount of people saying the performance was quite poor in terms of frame rate, sound skipping and the action just freezing. This happened with the PAL version. People with the NTSC version said things ran alright for them.

Just wondering, for those who've played the PAL version, what was the performance like?

Thanks.

I watched an entire Let's Play on YouTube which was NTSC version and then bought and played PAL version (digital version) and I did not see any differences in performance what so ever.

The thing is, the game runs poorly in general regardless of the version (poor frame-rate, weird physics, bad sound mixing, etc.) but it's definitely playable. During my 48 hour long playthrough of this game, it didn't freeze even once (in comparison to Saints Row IV which froze on me 6 times during 30 hour playthrough). Never had any sound skipping either.

Deadly Premonition is a unique game, on technical aspects (frame-rate, graphics, shooting mechanics, etc.) it's quite awful frankly, but what makes this game great is the intriguing story, interesting characters, great atmosphere and weird attention to details that you wouldn't even see in a AAA title.

Personally, I love this game and I think it was a great experience, but the enjoyment of this game will highly depend on how much you'll like its weirdness and whether or not you'll be able to forgive the game its technical quirks.

Edited by DarkDante14

^ This

I agree with every word, this game is not about the graphics or gameplay, sometimes you feel like you are playing a PS2 version of the game..

However the story and the characters make it worth while, i'm only in chapter 3 having done some side missions and i'm enjoying it so far :)

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I know it's a game that lacks polish really. I can totally live with that. It was just some people had had some really bad issues. Such as the game freezing, sound skipping and other things.

Will get the PAL version, though. Thanks. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the PAL version and been playing up to 7-9 hours a day since Monday and haven't been any major problems with the game. The "freezing" is only really minor. Sometime when I'm running or doing the action to open a door the game will freeze for a second but then will come out of the freeze and proceed through the door/continue running. I'm playing the directors cut which I've heard the issues with the game have been fixed.

I never thought it was like a PS2 game. I think you're giving too much credit to the PS2, lol. Gamecube or Xbox maybe.

I think maybe it froze on me once, if that. You should still save often though, just in case. The framerate is as bad as everyone says though. I remember the sound skipping on the main menu but not anywhere else, could just be that I didn't notice it.