this game is amazing but...

thomas2400

Does it really matter, if the game is amazing? I don't find this game "so bad it's good" at all. Everytime there is music or dialogue that doesn't fit the scene I just laugh. It was definitely made to be intentionally funny, it's impossible to anyone to take everything in this game seriously.

Hey guys, quick question, don't see the point of making a new thread regarding it, but...

I have had the PS Store version of Deadly Premonition pre-ordered since about 24/4. The pre-order details for the game said Pre-Download Date was 30/4 (yesterday) and the official Game Release date was 1/5 (today). However, last night when I checked, the Pre-Download Date was changed to 3/5 (Friday) and the official Release Date to 4/5 (Saturday). Was there an intentional delay in the release of the game or is this so glitch I should be worrying about?

Either way, I don't think pre-ordering from PS Store is a good idea in the future. Damn pre-order extras. They tempted me. ;~;

Nobody knows so far. My guess is on intentional.

I'll make sure to ask someone at the EU Blog what exactly happened there and why (don't expect an answer though) and if this will be the only other delay.

If they delay it again, I'll do everything to get my money back.

So fed up with the EU PSN Store...! Retail copies are out for a week now.

Nobody knows so far. My guess is on intentional.

I'll make sure to ask someone at the EU Blog what exactly happened there and why (don't expect an answer though) and if this will be the only other delay.

If they delay it again, I'll do everything to get my money back.

So fed up with the EU PSN Store...! Retail copies are out for a week now.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one! I thought it was some glitch with my Download List or something... Regardless, two days isn't too bad to wait I guess, albeit being rather annoying considering the long time retail copies were available. I'll actually try and contact Sony somehow and see if I manage to get a reply by tonight or tomorrow morning.

That song plays a lot during the game, and at some random moments when it's really not appropriate! :D

You've probably already seen this but here is the games opening (before even the start game menu), I love the music used in it,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgiKba6ht_w]Deadly Premonition Director's Cut - Part 1 No Commentary Let's Play Walkthrough HD PS3 - YouTube[/ame]

Don't watch past 6 minutes if you don't want to see any of the actual game being played :francis:

Edited by Xander45

"Sorry to say but I’m not able to provide full details of the delay. As soon as it’s ready we aim to push it out." - Jawad Ashraf, EU PS Blog

Another classic SCEE answer...

He could've said "Talk to the Hand" and it would have been the same outcome.

My prediction: Deadly Premonition will also miss its next launch window...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wouldn't say it's bad on purpose. It's bad because of low budget and bumpy developement. However, the game doesn't take itself too seriously. When a jazzy song starts playing in the middle of a bloody crime scene, it's definitely on purpose.

That said, the story, the npcs, the town (wich is a character on it's own), are truly refreshing and got me invested. Enough that i could forgive the shitty graphics. There's just one thing i really hated, and it's the otherworld sequences. They're just plain boring, and unnecessarily time-consuming. You have to play through most of the game and reach three of the most unelikely bosses ever before it starts being fun.

I can't blame people for not liking it, but giving it a chance may result in some truly great experience, one that is unique at this time. Can't wait for the sequel.

• 3 months later...

It's hard to say. On one hand I think it's intentional as far as characters and story goes, but there are other things that are just so actually bad about this game: the glacial pace of just moving around, that it takes so long to start cars and walk through doors (tip: hold run as you open doors), cars are painfully slow and guzzle fuel, even the whole eating and sleeping thing ... I mean who actually enjoys sleeping in a video game. Then you've got the terrible draw distance and resolution where you can't actually see things until they're right in front of you, coupled with the low, low framerate. And then you've got that damned map with a limited amount of zoom, no way to set markers, and no way to disable auto rotate.

I played it pretty much all day yesterday and I could have easily achieved everything I did in half the time if it weren't for the pacing. It does just make it feel like it's harder work than it should be.

That said, the characters and odd-ball music choices are worth the price of admission.

• 10 months later...

This game is AWFUL

I loved twin peaks of which this game completely ripped off , and i dont mind poor graphics ...but even still the gameplay was atrocious

Early PS2 graphics and sound . PS1 loading times and a horrible menu . Gameplay was so bad especially the cant move and aim combat ...And soooooooo many boring cinematics.

It could have been great , but it was rubbish

It's hard to say. On one hand I think it's intentional as far as characters and story goes, but there are other things that are just so actually bad about this game: the glacial pace of just moving around, that it takes so long to start cars and walk through doors (tip: hold run as you open doors), cars are painfully slow and guzzle fuel, even the whole eating and sleeping thing ... I mean who actually enjoys sleeping in a video game. Then you've got the terrible draw distance and resolution where you can't actually see things until they're right in front of you, coupled with the low, low framerate. And then you've got that damned map with a limited amount of zoom, no way to set markers, and no way to disable auto rotate.

I played it pretty much all day yesterday and I could have easily achieved everything I did in half the time if it weren't for the pacing. It does just make it feel like it's harder work than it should be.

That said, the characters and odd-ball music choices are worth the price of admission.

Great post...totally agree.

I could get into this game more as intentionally bad as it is...is if the loading wasn't soo sloow. I think there were quicker loading times playing King's Quest on pc back in the 80s...lol. And don't ever peek into a room unless u want to waste 3 minutes of ur life.