DLC adds 3 new trophies today 2/22

That's still a form of boosting.
Meh, boosting was a term that originated from Halo 2 (maybe even before then) in which people online would help each other to boost their rank. This later carried over as termonology for online 360 achievements, both for boosting a certain criteria or perhaps a rank ex: 100 kills with the sniper in Gears or being number one in the world for Quake 4.

How you're using the phrase I assume you mean manipulating the game in a fashion in which it isn't originally meant to be played as. With that logic, I can say a bunch of the MvC3 arcade trophies are a form of boosting as I tricked the CPU in to performing a aerial combo on me by constantly jumping.

Which given the above history and by applying your context of the word to my silly analogy, it's safe to say boosting refers to online related things.

Edit: Also taking away all the gaming connotation just look at the raw definition "To raise or lift by pushing up from behind or below". If you were to be boosted in real life, it would mean someone else is assiting you.

Edited by mcnichoj