Tips for Ninja on Deadliest (Arcade)

So, I had an extremely hard time with the ninja on deadliest, and as I was slowly progressing through it & racking up some terrible stats I realized that the parry and hack&slash method doesn't really apply to the ninja, here are some tips to help.

-I went into Deadly mode w/o unlocking any of his equipment so that could help.

-When facing the knight, his mace will tear through in only 2-3 hits. You have to use the ninja's dust cloud (X+O)when the night is approaching with his sheild up.

-When the knight has the Halberd out his very vulnerable to throwing stars to weaken his stamina & health, followed by katana attacks.

-When the knight shoots his crossbow he leaves himself wide open before switching back to his weapon.

-To use the smoke screen you need to be close range to your target, it really helps if you allow them to approach you, and hold (x+o) for the slow motion and wait till the last second.

-The Ninja's R3 dodge kind of flips him all over the place so keep in mind that L2 and R2 will immediately face you towards your opponent.

-vs. the Apache you can't allow him to get near you so lead with your throwing stars and when he gets near use the combo (square>square>triangle) seemed to be the most effective with the katana. If the combo ends with a kick you know your doing it right.

-the smoke screen seemed ineffective against the Apache, the window of opportunity was too narrow.

-Run straight at the samurai and use the same combo as soon as the fight starts, back up and follow with the stars, I watched the samurai parry my smoke screen

-ninja vs ninja hack and slash worked well. no strategy.

-pirate 2 perfects in a row with hack and slash. no strategy

-viking same thing as long as he shield wasn't up, if it was follow knight strategy

-Holy fubar batman, that spartan was easy, just use the ninja's secondary weapon (the hook, chain, and ball) and press x to hit the spartan's feet, he'll stun a lot easier than the knight, and just hack and slash after that, I had to used the throwing stars afterward to wear down his stamina and follow with another flurry of attacks.

If you are having trouble I hope this helps some. Man I was getting frustrated at the start.

I didn't have to many problems with either the viking or knight, but if your having trouble with the viking just keep playing the defensive role and at the start of every battle throw both spears, about 15-20% of the time it'll be a headshot. This works on everyone except the spartan. This is how I got my shiskabob trophy.

Edited by No1leftB3Hind

• 5 months later...

Or, here is an even better tip for the ninja. On that makes all other tips useless, because all you need to know is just this one...tip :p

Ninja = faster than basically everyone.

Start of the round, fling all 5 of your shurikens down range to the enemy. Chances are one will definitely damage the enemy at least a little bit

Turn around, and run away, in a circle. The AI will chase you pretty much in your exact circle as long as they are fairly close. The circle will also make them miss on any projectile weapon attempts

At the end of the 60 second timer, you win the round by default for having more health than your enemy. Viola, Insta win.

And its a bit hard to call that cheating, seeing as the majority of these trophies are done in 2 player with 2 controllers anyway LOL

• 2 years later...

A great strategy I used was a spin off of those strategies with an added element that rocks them 80% of time. throw your shurikens medium range for some damage off then when they get close use X+O asap to blind them then sq,sq,tri,tri,sq. done. This strategy with other characters and their specials will work as well (you do the special. theyll be stunned- L2 for a second in case they recover then use ur special again right away, rinse repeat. shouldnt run out of special energy before they die)

Edited by ChowderlyDude

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old post but it contains relevant info and I thought I'd offer my advice because I just completed this and struggled while playing with the ninja as well.

I unlocked all gear before moving on to the deadliest setting. I used the poison darts as often as possible and then just stayed away from the opponent until time was up so that I took less damage than the other guy. It might not be the best sportsmanship but it is a ninja after all and he seemed to be one of the worst characters.