Just bought this and....

Played the first two levels on Detective for now, and I must admit, I enjoyed it. The fist-fight controls feel a bit unpolished when compared to the awesome free-flow combat batman pulled off, but they're nothing to rip out my hair for.

Shadow is a great character aswell. The game doesn't seem to hard yet, but we'll see how that changes. Anyways, I'm enjoying it. Not the one of the best games, but definitely above average for me. Let's just call it "good".

I am thinking of getting this game, but it seems to me like a fairly good game in a sea of amazing games. I haven't managed to catch-up from the madness of February / March .. and there are about 10 good games coming out in the next 5 weeks (there are 4 potentially amazing games released on May 21st alone!) .. so I can't help but feel I'll end up missing out.

I am thinking of getting this game, but it seems to me like a fairly good game in a sea of amazing games. I haven't managed to catch-up from the madness of February / March .. and there are about 10 good games coming out in the next 5 weeks (there are 4 potentially amazing games released on May 21st alone!) .. so I can't help but feel I'll end up missing out.

It's nothing fantastic, just a few good touches, very violent and adult..(language)... cool dog sequences.. recommendation to fill in your time!

I just completed the game 100% today, on my first run I got 85%+ of trophies, and got most of the hard trophies in the same run.

I thought this game was awesome, there was some really potential here especially with Shadow's sequences but with the lack of ingame unlockables (costumes etc (unless i missed that bit) excluding DLC), meaningful replayability, and a few other things are real let downs.

Something which I wish they inlcuded was a "Shadow Challenge mode" similar to Batman:AA where you have to do stealth kills and time challenges but with Shadow.

Overall I liked it, I wouldn't have been that dissapointed if I bought it as the overall experience is good, but with the lack of unlockables...I don't know if I could recommend people to buy this. =(

I thought it was really awesome, enjoyed it way more than the large majority of AAA titles released between this year and the last.

If you are the typical gamer and want some artsy game that somehow validates your hobby then stay away, if you are a normal human being and want something awesome then check it out. The only bad things are that there's no extras to speak of and enemies don't put up much of a fight during melee combat.

Edited by GUInterface

Can anyone tell me what the hell riot control is?

The list in here said there were only 51 trophies,but when i checked it against mine it has 61.

10 of em have a [+] in the upper left hand corner.

Anyone?

DlC that has yet to be announced / that I missed the announcement from.

Anyway, those are definitely DLC trophies, as the game has only 51 base trophies.

Can anyone tell me what the hell riot control is?

The list in here said there were only 51 trophies,but when i checked it against mine it has 61.

10 of em have a [+] in the upper left hand corner.

Anyone?

The "+" sign is for DLC packs.

I am really confused, I loaded my game and haven had an update and I compared my trophy lists and I can't see these new trophies O.o

Also I think we will have to wait until June 1st for the DLC

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order for this & picked up Resonance of Fate instead because I heard they removed the Bullet Time feature. WTF that's what made the original so much fun to begin with. Without this series trademark this game just seems like a poor man's Uncharted. Playing as Shadow sounds cool, but that doesn't fill the gap that's left without the ultra-stylish slo-mo Max Payne style shooting.

I won't be spending more than $20 on this, tops. Plenty of other awesome games to keep me busy until then such as Nier, RoF, Prince of Persia. Then there's Quantum Theory, which is the 3rd person cover shooter that I'm really waiting for. I can see why Namco didn't try to spend any money promoting this. This is an epic fail.

Edited by UnReAL

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order for this & picked up Resonance of Fate instead because I heard they removed the Bullet Time feature. WTF that's what made the original so much fun to begin with. Without this series trademark this game just seems like a poor man's Uncharted. Playing as Shadow sounds cool, but that doesn't fill the gap that's left without the ultra-stylish slo-mo Max Payne style shooting.

I won't be spending more than $20 on this, tops. Plenty of other awesome games to keep me busy until then such as Nier, RoF, Prince of Persia. Then there's Quantum Theory, which is the 3rd person cover shooter that I'm really waiting for. I can see why Namco didn't try to spend any money promoting this. This is an epic fail.

Well you heard wrong, completed DTR earlier let me tell u with ALOT of epic slow mo killin':dance:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say (and believe me, I know how angry this will make most people) I had way more fun with this game than with some other slicker, more highly touted games like Batman: Arkham Asylum. Yeah, yeah, heresy, I know, but this game has a great visceral impact, an endless variety of means for dispatching your enemies, and some great laugh-out-loud moments of insanely near-delusional earnestness. It's completely ridiculous, but I think that's what I found so enjoyable about it: the developers know everything in the game is totally absurd and yet they treat it completely seriously. This creates a very interesting tone: a bload-soaked cliche-fest that is keenly aware of what a blood-soaked cliche-fest the whole thing is. Great fun!