1. 1. Favourite Weapon

• Contact Beam
    • The Ripper
    • Plasma Cutter
    • The Force Gun
    • Flamethrower
    • Pulse Rifle
    • Line Gun

simple , in the game , which weapon you find the most useful . some criteria we could have in mind is like :

1. feeling , how comfortable you are using it and familiar with the way it works

2. damage done based on your type of gaming

3. versatility ,for how many enemies you use it , the more the better

4. economy , how well you find resources to supply your weapon or find ammo for it

etc ...

it's simple and easy poll , hope you will like it ...

explaining on why you chose your weapon could be nice bonus as well :dance:

EDIT : damn I am a retard lol I forgot to post the poll , can MODs help me ?

EDITx2 : got it :cool:

Edited by BullTheGreat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say it used to be plasma cutter up until impossible mode. Thats were I discovered how beast the Line gun is. I kid you not when I say the necromorphs were running away from me and I was the one popping out of the vents :D I really love that gun and hope its in DS2. Line gun = Necro Massacre:boom:

Oh and resources were plentiful so the killing never stopped :) I used the line gun for everything except bosses and single enemies.

Edited by Doomslayer

...and I was the one popping out of the vents :D...

hahaha , this is epic . you popping out of the vents , payback is a b**** necro scum !

I went for plasma cutter just because I haven't used anything else besides only 30 kills for trophies , but I AGREE , the sound alone from those lines ripping was awesome ...

The Plasma Cutter is the best weapon to me in the game. You can switch between Vertical and Horizontal aims. The good thing about it is that it shoots 3 at once costing you one ammo per shot only. That means if all 3 cross hairs lands on one limb that its' an great shot that limb is gone. Trust me on the Impossible mode that's all I used. Hope it helps for those thinking about it.

The Plasma Cutter is the best weapon to me in the game. You can switch between Vertical and Horizontal aims. The good thing about it is that it shoots 3 at once costing you one ammo per shot only. That means if all 3 cross hairs lands on one limb that its' an great shot that limb is gone. Trust me on the Impossible mode that's all I used. Hope it helps for those thinking about it.

The cutter actually only shoots 1 blast per shot - the lights are just used to help aiming (like the line gun).

My favourite was the force gun. It just feels powerful. Also, the knockback effect is really useful for holding off the hordes, and the area damage will clear a room full of those sticky crawly things in one shot, as well as helping with hard to hit enemies (like the 3-tentacle skull things).

The secondary fire is also useful for ranged enemies, especially stationary ones like the wall tentacle spitters. Just fire them along the ground and it'll clear out the tentacles without you having to aim at them.

The cutter actually only shoots 1 blast per shot - the lights are just used to help aiming (like the line gun).

My favourite was the force gun. It just feels powerful. Also, the knockback effect is really useful for holding off the hordes, and the area damage will clear a room full of those sticky crawly things in one shot, as well as helping with hard to hit enemies (like the 3-tentacle skull things).

The secondary fire is also useful for ranged enemies, especially stationary ones like the wall tentacle spitters. Just fire them along the ground and it'll clear out the tentacles without you having to aim at them.

I somehow found it underpowered , but seems every weapon has it's own best purpose against some enemies ...

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Am I the only one who prefers the Pulse Rifle? I loved the Pulse Rifle right from the beginning. Although I got everything I could the first time through, now I just stick with the Pulse Rifle, Ripper, Flamethrower, and the Line gun. Ripper mainly for the Guardians, Flamethrower for Brutes, and Line Gun/Pulse Rifle for everything else. I never really liked the Force Gun or the Contact Beam.

1. feeling , how comfortable you are using it and familiar with the way it works

2. damage done based on your type of gaming

3. versatility ,for how many enemies you use it , the more the better

4. economy , how well you find resources to supply your weapon or find ammo for it

I'm gonna base this solely on my impossible run and I used all guns except the Plasma Cutter since I had already got the one gun trophy with that ages ago.

Now for the impossible run, economy is the most important thing, enemies come fast and hard and you're gonna be using so much stasis anyways, that if the gun kills something in 1 or 3 seconds it doesn't really matter. What does matter though is if you use some of the more powerful guns and you never get ammo for them. I experienced more times than not, that when I was running around with the Line Gun or Contact Gun only, I was always out of ammo. This was not the case with the 4 other guns, but the flamethrower sucked and I never really liked the Pulse Rifle.

This leaves 2 guns, the Force Gun and the Ripper. They are neck and neck and although the Force Gun has an awesome secondayr fire, the Ripper's primary fire is no pushover. When it got down to it, the Ripper was a little more cost effective and more fun to use, so it was my choice. However it does suck against long distance enemies!

However my technique of fighting is: making loads of enemies spawn, run to a corner away from the vents. Spam Stasis until I have every enemy frozen (5 or more) and then go crazy with my weapon of choice ;) For this the Riper was awesome. I could kill up to 3 enemies with one blade and you can't get anymore cost effective than that!

But keep a Contact Gun for Tentacles and Brutes, and a Line Gun for those long distance small shooting things :p I had those three guns equipped, mainly using the Ripper, and suddenly, I had was filling up my Suit lvl5 inventory with Contact, Line and Ripper ammo instead of being empty all the time ;)

Definitly the Plasma Cutter it was vicious 'nuff said it could turn ANY necro into a whimpering pile of limbs, on first play through I'd get squirly and switch to the pulse rifle when I saw a bunch of necros storming me until I started really playing with stasis. There was 1 use for the flamethrower and that was the little suckers that would come out of the bloated fatty necros, those things were juice the moment the fire hit them.

For me, the plasma cutter and line gun are both equally reliable. The plasma cutter is a good combination with the stasis module to dismember enemies without wasting too much ammo, but it requires good aiming (which I sadly don't have). With the line gun, you can slow down enemies easily by taking out their legs first and then going for the arms without the use of stasis, but it lacks the amount of ammo for a hord of necromorphs. I chose my favorite as the line gun but I can understand the users who chose the plasma cutter, with as much ammo as it gets and it's ability to fire horizontally and vertically it is the choice weapon to bring with you on a spaceship full of monsters.