Don't get cocky, kid

blulsu

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, basically, it's called aiming. When an asteroid is on the left side of the screen, shoot the left cannon. When an asteroid is on the right side of the screen, shoot the right cannon. Sometimes, when an asteroid is all the way up at the top, you can let it by since it won't hit the ship.

You basically have to be quick and flawless with your aiming. This trophy is definitely harder than the other ADS cannon trophy (you start at 100% and can actually stop things from being thrown at you).

Also, if you keep dying, since it's randomized you might get an easier round than before from all the rounds you're playing.

There's also no way you won't get hit. It will happen.

Just got this trophy. Pretty sweet feeling :)

Yeah basically I tried to hit everything in the center of the screen and when able i would go for the stuff of to the sides. Most of the stuff to the sides misses you or does only minor damage, the stuff in the center does a hell of alot of damage.

Don't worry about the ones way off to the side like jamby said, and just keep your crosshair relatively close to the center.

Keep shooting in the center and you will destroy them before they even come on screen.

Oh yeah and it might seem obvious but keep in mind you have 2 guns. L1 shoots the left and R1 shoots the right. I tried 3 or 4 times without even knowing L1 also shot bullets.

Edited by Twizzlada

On game difficulty "medium"

Do I start with shield 85% or 100% ?

thanks,

Jimmy

srry to say it dont matter what Difficulty your on you will always start on 85% iam glad i got this trophy it was a bit annoying after 2-3 tries.

Btw i dont know about this but iam on immposiable now and when i did this mission again i finished with 79% I WAS ON FIRE OR THE GAME GLITCHED ON THE ROCKS

Edited by Hiruko_Spew

i dont know if anyone else has posted this tip, but i got these on impossible mode, i also dont know if its any harder, it might be the same as easy. anyway i used a old skool trick, i kept on pressing start button so it slows the game right down, the only bad fall with this is that your forearms will be hurting worse then if you had worked out on them in the gym......try it i promise you that anyone will get it within the first two try's. very cheap but very effective.

@bleeds

Thnx mate... It really helped me getting the trophy... It was so annoying the first 10 times... Best I could do was about 45%... I tried that "start"-thingy, and I got it on my third try, with 81% left.. (and my forearm hurts as you said... hehe)

http://media.playfire.com/site/trophy_widget/psn/I_vAmpiRe_I.png

You can always have someone else pressing the START button for you, so I think this way, it will be easier. I'll try that today with my fiancee!

@Surf

It might work better getting a helping hand, but I didn't wanna call my friend in the middle of the night only to help me getting one trophy.. :p

Well, I used my left pointerfinger on the startbutton, and completed it by using the right cannon only... It was fairly easy once I got used to it... It didn't work so well on the Slugger-trophy though.. But it seemed like the ADS-cannon didn't heat up as fast on this one, so you could be more "triggerhappy"...:D Got my Slugger with 72% shield left;)

I haven't tried the "stay centered" approach, but after about 5 tries i got it. Tips:

- Makes sure you blow up the big ones, they do way more damage than the others.

- If you see a group of 3-4 in the same area, you can go full auto and drag your cursor over them. Just beware of over heating.

- Destroy them early if possible - if you wait too long you'll get overwhelmed.

- Remember to use both guns, alternate if you want to, or shoot both at the same time for max coverage.

It's not as hard as it seems. It took me a long time to beat it at all, and when I went back for the trophy I expected it to take forever but it really wasn't that bad.

Is there a possibility to get te trophy somewhere else but in that only chapter? Because I already passed that point, and I don´t really want to play that long to come back to that specific chapter!

Don't you have a save right there? I keep EVERY save before I 100% a game! I just got once back for a try and I 'm gonna try a bit later. In the meantime I am at chapter 11.

Edited by TopGunZ

The center shot trick worked like a charm. One try and I got it done. Thanks for the ideas guys.

And Lord Spid... clearly it is a trophy designed solely for that part of the game much like boss battles... if you didn't do you... you got get back there and do it. But like its been said, you will have to play the game multiple times to finish ALL trophies, if that is your final quest...

Just curious, but has anyone tried to hold down the fire button for just one gun? I tried it on the slug boss and it did not overheat, however I did not hold it down for 5 minutes or more (maybe around 2-3 minutes). I guess I could try this theory out on my second playthrough and see what happens. (Second playthrough will not be for a while, so if anyone wants to, they can try it.) :)

51 percent shield left as well. I actually got the trophy a few minutes ago and after that Impossible difficulty should be a breeze :p

Also, in response to the 2nd to last post: I began holding one cannon down till all asteroids were out of view, then I would release. So in essence it did sort of work cuz prior to that I was doing the hunt and peck approach and would often spend valuable time lining up my shot rather than just firing continuously as I passed it. I would implore others having trouble to take this approach but don't get too trigger happy cuz the cannon will evenutally overheat.

Edited by JoeT