XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #271
BlackMamba1o1

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

i remember this trophy, pretty bloody annoying, i just kept trying until i got it, i remember a save point near by, save game and simply load it if u failed to get the trophy
Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #272
nuke4U

This is just IMPOSSIBLE! After like 100+ tries, I give up. Screw that game. I really enjoyed the game till that canon shit trophy on ch.4. I'm not a fps gamer, I hate these games, the sensitivity is way to fast for me. I barely survive the sequence. F******ck that!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #273
Phodda

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke4U View Post
This is just IMPOSSIBLE! After like 100+ tries, I give up. Screw that game. I really enjoyed the game till that canon shit trophy on ch.4. I'm not a fps gamer, I hate these games, the sensitivity is way to fast for me. I barely survive the sequence. F******ck that!
No, my friend. It's all but impossible. It's not impossible to get "Arcade Perfect" on WipeOut HD and, even thought I can't get it doesn't mean that anyone can.

You need two things: patience and focus. Focus on the rocks that come from far away in the very beginning, those you can see by firing some cannon shots, and destroy them before they get close. And the focus on the rocks that come from middle screen and the big ones.

And pray you have an easy pattern. The first time I got it, took me almost 30 times. Second time,took me only 2.
Phodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #274
nuke4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phodda View Post
No, my friend. It's all but impossible. It's not impossible to get "Arcade Perfect" on WipeOut HD and, even thought I can't get it doesn't mean that anyone can.

You need two things: patience and focus. Focus on the rocks that come from far away in the very beginning, those you can see by firing some cannon shots, and destroy them before they get close. And the focus on the rocks that come from middle screen and the big ones.

And pray you have an easy pattern. The first time I got it, took me almost 30 times. Second time,took me only 2.
Just nailed the bastard!!!!!!

I turned the sound off, put some relaxing music, and got it with 55%! That surely is a s.o.a.b.!

Last edited by nuke4U; 03-11-2012 at 02:26 AM.
nuke4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #275
LItillIdie19

this trophy was pretty annoying, you just gotta keep trying you will get it eventually and shoot in bursts
LItillIdie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #276
EternalSiN

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I got this on my second try. Its super easy once you know which asteroids to shoot and which ones to ignore

Click spoiler for sexy treats
EternalSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #277
Xx_Progenitor_xX

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSiN View Post
I got this on my second try. Its super easy once you know which asteroids to shoot and which ones to ignore
I agree. But even Youtube is useless for this because each time you try it, you get a different pattern.

Xx_Progenitor_xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #278
materialz

I got this one pretty easily on the 2nd try..focus on the ones that will actually hit you and especially the large ones that break up into 2-3 more pieces.

also don't worry about saving so much because even if you didn't save and die, you will be placed next to the cannon again and not have to dodge all the rocks again.
materialz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #279
Phodda

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialz View Post
also don't worry about saving so much because even if you didn't save and die, you will be placed next to the cannon again and not have to dodge all the rocks again.
The problem is, if you complete the sequence with 49% (let's say, the last piece of rock just hit you while you were not seeing), you can't go back unless you have saved.
Phodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #280
mark77

I´ve done it yesterday and got my platinum
Here's some tips(all of these i've gathered from here in this thread):

-Do it on easy. There are lesser rocks and they come slower than in impossible difficulty. I've tried a couple of times on impossible(even using the tips below) and the better i got was 25%. In easy i've got on first try.
-Keep the left thumbfinger pressing start. This will give some slowdown efect on game and give more time to aim.
-Just use one cannon(the right one). Hold R1 all the time. The cannon will overheat, but it willl not last to much time, just keep aiming on the nearest rock.
-Turn up the brightness all the way. This will make easier to see the rocks start point.
-Focus on bigger rocks and on groups of rocks, even if a small rock hit the ship. It will not do to much damage.
-Don't give up. I'm not that good on shooter games and when i was trying to do on impossible mode i'd think that the trophy was impossible to get. When i've tried on easy i saw that it wasn't so difficult at all.
mark77 is offline   Reply With Quote