Impossible difficulty: What weapons to use on last boss?

BrakoV5

Hi gents,

Luckily you can save right before the final fight... and just as well. Ii put a shed load of credits into line racks and you can't even use them on the first section of the fight.

Anyway I can do that part but what weapons can you use for the second half of the battle, the part where it reveals its stomach pod type things?

This is how I now know that the DLC weapons are improved over the originals like some don't think. Never before have I fought the last boss and saw it release necros on you whilst its trying to slam you. I've always blasted those pod things quick enough, but obviously on impossible it takes longer to do damage with normal weapons before it closes its gut again.

Also. What weapons, or how, do you prevent the chubbies from exploding those little monster things that drain you when they latch on, or is it random if they release them or not?

I have to go work now and lost a good 20 minutes reloading and dying blah blah. So any info you can leave me would be great.

Edited by BrakoV5

The Plasma Cutter, Force Gun and Contact Beam (all fully upgraded) are all you need :). Use the Plasma Cutter and Contact Beam on the Boss and you can stop the Pregnants from releasing their babies by blasting them at point-blank-range with the Force Gun. The Pregnants shouldn't appear if you kill the main boss quickly enough :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Yeah those three weapons I have fully upgraded.

How on target does the contact beam have to be? Can you fire into the centre of the chest fully charged and it will pop a pod or do you have to be bang on target?

I only upgraded it purely because I had loads of nodes left after upgrading the suit and plasma and force guns.

I was thinking of trying the rifle but would probably just waste potential ammo space.

The smash pattern is easy to avoid. Run left or right.

Cheers for all the help, Termysnooz. Happy gaming me ol' sunbeam.

LATE EDIT...

The fully upgraded rifle worked perfect for the last boss. Sold the line gun and ammo and invested in the rifle. Killed the boss easily in under 4 minutes... without being hit. Ooooof gerrin :D

Edited by BrakoV5

• 2 months later...

By the time I've gotten to the end on my two different One gun/Impossible runs, the Plasma cutter is frankly more than enough to take this sob down. Not to hard at all, especially with it upgraded to the max.

Nice rate of fire and huge clip is pretty butta

I wouldn't even care to mess around with a force gun/contact beam in this fight.

I stuck with Plasma Cutter...basically became a walking container of plasma cutter ammo and large med packs (just in case) for the finale.

The key is just learning the Mind's movements and going all the way to one side, then when it jerks back, start moving to the other side and you won't be touched. First stage just constantly moving. Four times to every opening of the pods in the second stage.

• 1 month later...
The fully upgraded rifle worked perfect for the last boss. Sold the line gun and ammo and invested in the rifle. Killed the boss easily in under 4 minutes... without being hit. Ooooof gerrin :D

Gosh this is so TRUE... I went in the ring with Plasma Cutter/Line Gun/Force Gun/Plasma Rifle in hand but opted to just go for a one gun method using the plasma rifle. In 4-5 minutes it was over. I think having that continuous auto-fire helped a lot - and this was on Impossible. So very pleased with this game :)

You can basically go through the whole game with just two weapons:

The Plasma Cutter and the Force Gun.

You should have the Level 6 suit when you start Impossible difficulty or else you're going to have a hard time. You can do this by beating the game unlocking the level 6 suit, beat it a second time using the level 6 suit, then you should start Impossible with the suit on.

Edited by x410xDragon

I used the pulse rifle on the last boss.

For one reason above all others: when the boss picks you up to eat you... I just cannot ever seem to hit the weakpoints with any other weapon. The move, My body moves, and the projectile I shoot has traveltime, so I have to lead the target, or just fire recklessly -and really, aimlessly- in their general direction. And the I get eaten.

Pulse rifle, with it's continuous stream of bullets takes care of it in less time than it takes for the boss to think "ow! Damnit!"

I used the pulse rifle on the last boss.

For one reason above all others: when the boss picks you up to eat you... I just cannot ever seem to hit the weakpoints with any other weapon. The move, My body moves, and the projectile I shoot has traveltime, so I have to lead the target, or just fire recklessly -and really, aimlessly- in their general direction. And the I get eaten.

Pulse rifle, with it's continuous stream of bullets takes care of it in less time than it takes for the boss to think "ow! Damnit!"

IMO, the Pulse Rifle is not the greatest weapon for any job. It is cool to look at sure, but it just does not get the job done on higher difficulties.

I just used contact beam fully upgraded. Sold all my stuff before the fight and bought a ton of ammo for it. One hit kill on each of the yellow blob things.

I liked the Contact Beam, but I stuck with the Plasma Cutter the whole time during that fight. You must have had good aim to not miss with the Contact Beam for him to not eat you.

IMO, the Pulse Rifle is not the greatest weapon for any job. It is cool to look at sure, but it just does not get the job done on higher difficulties.

oh yeah, no... I'd never use the pulse rifle on anything other than the last boss (and the two-three times you get picked up and dragged on the ship).

because the weakpoints on the enemy are so obvious -and truly weak- the pulse rifle's fast rate of fire as well as it's bullet time-to-target speed is ideal.

but against a normal necromorph? "hah! good one! nearly made me laugh there!"

oh yeah, no... I'd never use the pulse rifle on anything other than the last boss (and the two-three times you get picked up and dragged on the ship).

because the weakpoints on the enemy are so obvious -and truly weak- the pulse rifle's fast rate of fire as well as it's bullet time-to-target speed is ideal.

but against a normal necromorph? "hah! good one! nearly made me laugh there!"

The Pulse Rifle is a joke on the normal necromorphs. A Joke.

• 7 months later...

i used the plasma cutter all upgraded.

just move left/right when he swing his arms and then fire each yellow blobs.

I shoted the 1st, the the 2nd till the 5th and then started again from the 1st. That's because when you are upside down it's difficult to shot more than one on the same blobs...so just one hit and they exploded.

Shooting on the chests blobs is pure cake.

• 2 weeks later...