Favourite Necro?

bongobreak

Yeah, it's a bit late for asking, what with this being pretty old now - not sure if indeed anyone will read this but hey-ho! :D

The first time I played this, I thought it was pretty scary - after a number of playthroughs, however, I actually find those necromorphs quite comical!

Those ones that come flailing towards you with their blade-arms waving about look hilarious.

(can't remember the names of them)

And those big, fat, waddling pregnant ones are pretty funny too! :D

But my absolute favourite has to be those ones that sprout out of the walls, wailing and screaming - they have weird tentacles and they shoot blobs at you which then in turn grow a tentacle and shoot stuff at you - I'm sure you know the ones I mean - anyway, they crack me up every time, and when you nail one (my preferred method is to lob a few force gun grenades at them) they make the most pitiful, hilarious death moan, and then proceed to empty their innards onto the floor!! Nice!! :D

I've just platted this game today, so I'm ready to move on, but I'm gonna miss those suckers!! :D

[**quickly looks up the names**]

I like the Hunter, he's pretty badass, especially the way he kills you.

Yep, I agree with you there, they're probably the toughest enemy in the entire game....for obvious reasons!! :D

Oh yeah, by the way, the blade one is called a Slasher, and the tentacled, wall one is called a Guardian! :D

And I just remembered another comical one too - the Exploder - that's the one with the weird bright yellow, large blobby hand that commits suicide when it lumbers close to you!

That screaching noise they make is so funny, and I swear some of them say something like "Dammit!!" when you explode them from a distance. I know it's probably just my imagination, and possibly a little wishful thinking too :D

Edited by bongobreak

Stasis suit necromorphs.

If the entire game was like that, it might be the most terrifying game ever.

Are they those twitchy, super-fast ones in level 9?

Yeah, those things are scary - they seem to come out of nowhere, if you're not familiar with the spawn points.

One thing I noticed about them is that they seem to be a good deal smarter than the average necro.

I tried to lure them into a gravity panel (those jets of gravity up-drafts coming from missing floor panels) aiming for the Ragdoll Check trophy, but they always seemed to figure it out and go round them!

The regular slashers and lurkers in level 4 are much dumber, so I gained the trophy with those instead.

I don't think my blood pressure could handle a whole game full of twitchers! :D

Very fun platinum.

Agreed, I don't have many plats, but this is one I'm very proud of.

On topic: My favorite is the exploders since they make the funniest screams in the game.

:D yep - they make my top three for most hilarious necros!

i love stomping on the ones that turn dead humans into necromorphs (don't know the name). As a kid (i first played this when it came out, I think i was 13) i called it a pancake zombie.

:D I know what you mean, they're called Infectors I think, and you're right, you gotta stomp 'em quick....for obvious reasons! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In terms of making you laugh, the Necro's who are poisoning the air on level 6 are funny when you kill them.

They go into a sort of Shakespearean death scene by looking up and waving there hands in a sort of "By the Gods! The hour infinite darkness is soon to grasp me and wobble me about within its bosom of long time dead-e-ness" over dramatic motion.

Thats what I think anyway:D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
My favourite is the Guardian simply because of the scream they make. My God, it's horrifying and it sounds like they are in so much pain. After them would be the Hunter.

Agreed, they seem the most horrifying to me purely because they are supposed to still be human and fully aware of what is happening around them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...