Tank Suit?

Straatveger

Hello Everybody,

I have read on this site about a tank suit.

I am playing on easy to get a feel for the game.

If i get the super bundle dlc while playing on easy, and i finish the game, and start on

inpossible. Does everything from the dlc carry over to that playtrough?

Any tips or advice is welcome.

Edited by Straatveger

Nothing carries over to Impossible, you have to start entirely from scratch. The earliest you can get the DLC items on any difficulty is right at the end of Chapter 1 but to be honest you really don't need them as DS is easy 80% of the time and only a handful of sections will give you grief :).

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion, the Tank Suit is the only DLC worth paying for.

The 60% armour is a godsend for impossible mode.

Over the last few years as I've played this from time to time, I've purchased every DLC add-on there is for this game, and I'm not sure if the weapons packs are any different to the default ones - even the Big Gun Force Gun, which claims to be much more powerful, but again I'm not convinced.

In short, just about all the DLC is a re-skinned, prettier version of the default gear....except the Tank Suit - it's a must-have!! :)

Edited by bongobreak
typo

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last few years as I've played this from time to time, I've purchased every DLC add-on there is for this game, and I'm not sure if the weapons packs are any different to the default ones - even the Big Gun Force Gun, which claims to be much more powerful, but again I'm not convinced.

In short, just about all the DLC is a re-skinned, prettier version of the default gear....except the Tank Suit - it's a must-have!! :)

When I go back to play this, Ds2, extraction, annnnd maybe later Ds3.... I will have to download the tank suit DLC is what Im getting at. Not because I need it, but to test out something new in one of my favorite games.

Edit: When I went back to play impossible mode the first time, I still needed one gun and played it with the cutter. It really wasn't too bad and like I've read there are actually some advantages to only using one gun. Credits/nodes.. ect

I started Dead Space and bought the tank pack. : ) playing through on hard so far and it been different having all the weapons off the bat. Ohh how I missed this game. And the Tank suit is essentially the "witness" suit from Dead space 3 I believe. Nice change in visuals since I've played the game quite a bit in the past.

Edited by silkyjay9

• 3 weeks later...

Man the tank suit is juuust about too much if you ask me. On hard I literally was shocked with how tough the suit was. On impossible it might come in handy like you stat, but if I could recommend any on their first playthrough (Especially if your not on hard) to NOT buy the tank suit. It simply changes the dynamics of the game too much and your not suspectable to dying, literally at all, unless you're trying to be careless... which I guess will happen if you wear I for awhile.

This game is meant for a more realistic run. Use the normal suits. Still glad I expieremented with it and bought it though for my favorite game/seriioes.

• 4 months later...

Now I'm confused... I was gonna get the DLC bundle coz basically you get all of them for the price of just 2 DLCs... tank included..

But I kinda agree with the argument that the near-invinsibility of the tank suit will ruin the "survival" aspect of the game...

I'm caught in between wether to get it or not.. hrmmmm?

Personally I wouldn't bother as the game isn't that hard apart from a handful of places but even those aren't that bad if you plan ahead :).

I did went through with it, and you're right - the game isn't that hard especially on easy. I just got tired of the tattered-style original suit. Kinda refreshing to don a different suit from time to time as it makes a second (repeat) gameplay interesting.

As for the tank suit, it's still quite vulnerable on Impossible (which is still okay). The Ultimate DLC package seems to be missing a few suits though. Nonetheless, this old game is superb and you were right in saying none of the suits really matter. :applause: