New Game+ / Impossible

M_N04H

I'm on chapter 9 of my easy difficulty/one gun playthrough and I was wondering/hoping for the same thing. Although, from I've read and how it was worded. I don't think that is going to be the case. I'm 95% sure you have to start from scratch on your impossible playthrough and have to save New Game + and any trophy clean up as well as the Maxxed Out trophy for the very end. If you could play Impossible on New Game +. I'm pretty sure the trophy guide would have mentioned that you could get your Maxxed Out trophy on that run.

Speaking of the trophy guide, I wouldn't be surprised if someone came around and told you questions like this should be directed to the replies portion of the guide. That's what I've observed in the past anyhow.

I just finished DS a week ago now, and can tell you that most likely you will end up starting from scratch on your impossible playthrough. I tried 5 different ways of getting the lvl 5 suit to work on my impossible playthrough with no avail. I can tell you that impossible difficulty can be a pain and to concentrate on your plasma cutter first so that you are able to kill faster, and to use melee and statis whenever possible to conserve ammo.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I can confirm that you can bring lvl 6 suit to impossible difficulty. And this is how I did:

Finish first time on easy.

Buy lvl 6 suit.

Finish the second time on easy (from chapter 11 to chapter 12 in one go, you can save but do not turn off the console).

Skip the credit.

Do not save.

Run new game on impossible.

See Issac in lvl 6 suit in cut scene means a success, run to save point.

Done and good luck on impossible difficulty!

• 7 months later...

>beat the game once

>unlock the level 6 suit

>beat the game again with the level 6 suit on

>start impossible mode

>start with level 6 suit on impossible

You have to beat the game once with the level 6 suit on, beat it again, then start a new game while still wearing the level 6 suit. After you should start impossible with the highest armor/ inventory spaces.

• 2 weeks later...
I definitely do not consider myself a lucky person, but I finished my first (easy) play through with the lvl 5 suit. Didnt turn off console just started new game on impossible and I started with my lvl 5 suit. No upgrades tho

There is a way you can start off with the level 6 suit - which really helps. If you want to know, just ask. However, the level 5 suit is just as good on Impossible as you have more than enough slots :)