military suit glitch question

falseimmortal

i read the link in the guide to the military suit glitch. i've searched for something more current but couldn't find anything.

i'm assuming that since the link is still in the guide, that the glitch hasn't been patched?

working under that assumption, i'm one of the unlucky ones who have followed the directions to the glitch and couldn't get the suit to carry over.

i have heard that it's a coin toss 50/50 and that it's purely luck if you do get it to work... but i have read that some people who couldn't get the glitch to work got it to work if they played the whole of chapter 12 in one sitting, without quitting. that could certainly account for a reason why the glitch works for some and not for others.

i'm wondering whether there was any basis for this. have there been people who got the glitch to work without playing the final chapter in one sitting?

Hey, man I figured it out. You are right you HAVE to play the game (ch 12) in one sitting.

My first time I played the game with the Military Suit and beat the game. I skipped the credits and Didn't SAVE. I started up on impossible mode.....No suit.

So I tried again from the last boss fight and this time I WATCHED the credits....still no suit.

So..I reloaded a save from ch 11. (right before you meet Kyne with the shuttle on the flight deck). I then played through from that point all the way to the end. Including beating the final boss.

I skipped the credits and DID NOT SAVE! Then I loaded up impossible mode.

Bada BING bada BOOM!!! I got the Military Suit.

So I guess you have to play ch 12 in ONE sitting, possibly even some of ch 11 in order to get the suit.

Hope this helps!!

thank you so much for posting! :)

unfortunately, i was over-writing all my saves. :( the only save i had from rd. 2 with my military suit was the one on chapter 4 (where you get the trophy don't get cocky, kid.) i had actually started from there, got through chapter 5 and was wondering to myself whether it was worth playing all those chapters again without my being sure that playing chapter 12 in one sitting was the solution. now thanks to you, i'm going to go for it. :applause:

one last question: did you save at all *during* chapter 12?

Edited by falseimmortal

Yea I did save. Once at the beginning of the level in the rooms to your left. It's the same room where you find the battery/work bench/store. Then I saved twice at the next save in the middle of the facility.

Once before heading down to turn the fans on, and then a second type after I defeated the brute.

then finally I saved a fourth time. The same spot as the first save in the room with the store/work bench. This was my last save before the final boss.

:Let me know if you get it to work!

thanks for your response. that's a relief that you were saving throughout ch. 12.

i'm hoping to finish this game up this weekend. i'll let you know if i get the suit or not. i've tried all the different permutations of getting this glitch to work, including all that you tried.

hopefully this is the key as to why some people are able to access the suit on impossible and not others.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry about the late reply to this, but i thought since dead space 3 has just been released, there might still be some people who will want to play through the whole series.

yes, i can confirm that playing through the whole of chapter 12, skipping the credits and not saving does give you the military suit in impossible mode. you can save as many times in ch. 12, you can pause, but you can't quit the game. i have just started a new impossible game and have the military suit for this playthrough so i'm a happy camper. :)

On what difficult were you playing on false? I read some place that the suit can only be carried through on difficulty of normal or higher difficulty. I like you said never played the Dead Space series and started with the first one an as of right now I am about to enter chapter 12 now.

Just to update my status. I was playing on easy and when I finished chapter 12, I did not view the credits, and made sure not to save the finished game, and I played chapter 12 all the way through (making sure not to quit the game). Gave me the result of no lvl 6 suit, and I didn't even get the choice of Impossible Difficulty.

Finally gave up on my 3rd pass of killing the Hive Mind and just started Impossible Difficulty from scratch.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

On what difficult were you playing on false? I read some place that the suit can only be carried through on difficulty of normal or higher difficulty. I like you said never played the Dead Space series and started with the first one an as of right now I am about to enter chapter 12 now.

i started on the easiest difficulty. i played through twice to get all trophies and cleanup. i'm not sure if that matters as i don't think the other person who responded to this thread mentioned he played twice, though i'm not sure what difficulty setting he was playing.

Just to update my status. I was playing on easy and when I finished chapter 12, I did not view the credits, and made sure not to save the finished game, and I played chapter 12 all the way through (making sure not to quit the game). Gave me the result of no lvl 6 suit, and I didn't even get the choice of Impossible Difficulty.

Finally gave up on my 3rd pass of killing the Hive Mind and just started Impossible Difficulty from scratch.

sorry it didn't work out for you. :( impossible showed up for me as a choice the first time i finished easy (the first time i realized that the military suit wasn't carrying over), so you may have encountered the impossible glitch not showing up i read about in the trophy roadmap thread. good luck. i had a tough time even with the military suit headstart, though damage from enemies isn't nearly as bad as zealot in DS2.

Yeah no worries man. I am working out a way to try and get it without a full 2nd playthrough. An I can't wait to start number 2, wish I would have gotten into DS earlier as this game is actually really good.

i'd try what sean did above, and what i ended up doing (the only save i had was way back to chapter 5). if you have a saved data chapter 11 (preferably one near the end of the chapter) play that again, the whole of chapter 12 without quitting and see if that doesn't get you impossible and the military suit. from what i read, the crucial part (as far as the military suit goes) is not the difficulty, or where or how often you save, or look at the credits, but that you play the whole of chapter 12 in one sitting.

Ah, yeah I have seen that as well. I as well had that same idea by going back and replaying from Chapter 11 and 12 in one sitting. Which I did two times over and to no avail. I finally just gave up and rocking it with lvl 1 suit and the trusty plasma cutter. Just sucks trying to kill harder enemies with a weapon that takes 4 or 5 shots to kill something with.

An thanks for all your help man. That's why I love this community.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea what I did but..my first playthrough was on easy doing the one gun trophy. I finished most of the trophies in that first playthrough. Including the maxed out trophy as I did do the peng treasure duplication glitch in chapter 11. Anyway, when I finished my easy playthrough I immediately started my Impossible playthrough and when I did I found that I was still wearing the level 5 military suit. I don't know how it happened or what I did. All I can say is I started my next playthrough IMMEDIATELY. Without ever turning off the system or quiting the game or anything. I'm sure this probably doesn't help but I'd really like to know what I did so I can help people do the same. I didn't know if maybe the peng treasure dupping or the maxed out trophy had anything to do with it or if it was how fast I started another playthrough but whatever the case was I guess I'm one of the lucky people in this regard.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
I have no idea what I did but..my first playthrough was on easy doing the one gun trophy. I finished most of the trophies in that first playthrough. Including the maxed out trophy as I did do the peng treasure duplication glitch in chapter 11. Anyway, when I finished my easy playthrough I immediately started my Impossible playthrough and when I did I found that I was still wearing the level 5 military suit. I don't know how it happened or what I did. All I can say is I started my next playthrough IMMEDIATELY. Without ever turning off the system or quiting the game or anything. I'm sure this probably doesn't help but I'd really like to know what I did so I can help people do the same. I didn't know if maybe the peng treasure dupping or the maxed out trophy had anything to do with it or if it was how fast I started another playthrough but whatever the case was I guess I'm one of the lucky people in this regard.

Wery, werrrrrry, interesting:think:

:D

Hey what levels do you get the suit upgrades by the way? I've just started level 7 or 8 and think I only have suit 3 so far.

Whoops, my bad I forgot about the level 6 suit :(. The Lv 4+5 upgrades don't appear until much further into the game, it's the Lv6 suit that you buy in NG+ :). Sorry about the misinformation, I've had several late nights in a row now thanks to struggling with Minecraft so my brain is a bit frazzled at the moment :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Whoops, my bad I forgot about the level 6 suit :(. The Lv 4+5 upgrades don't appear until much further into the game, it's the Lv6 suit that you buy in NG+ :). Sorry about the misinformation, I've had several late nights in a row now thanks to struggling with Minecraft so my brain is a bit frazzled at the moment :(.

Hmm. Never saw the appeal of that game.

Anyway...

Yeah just into chapter 7 you get suit 4 for 35k. Now on chapter 8 and just nailed the 'Butcher' trophy :D

Now get some sleep.

Thats odd.....

Completed the game on easy. Played from level 10 right the way through to the end on easy mode. Saved many times, skipped the credits and saved again when given the option when receiving the end of game bonuses.

Was happy to start impossible mode straight away rather than play through easy mode twice. Started up impossible and noticed I was wearing the level 5 suit :eek:

Got hit by the first Necro during the run to lift and lost about half of one of the four bars you start with. Not too bad lol.

So it must be the whole playing from level 11 to end credits that makes this happen? Either from a second playthrough in the military suit, or whatever suit you might be wearing from your first playthrough.

Cheers for discovering this gents.:D

Can now focus on credits exploits and weapon trophies for my impossible play through.

• 4 months later...

There is a glitch to use to the Level 6 suit on Impossible making your life a lot easier. You do however have to beat the game first to unlock it - not sure if you purchase it or you have it when you do your NG+; rumors of each and have seen both ways. Just beat the game again for a second time while wearing it, then after the fact, choose Impossible and you should start off with it on your Impossible playthrough.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, i just wanted to confirm that the TRICK worked for me.

I have the Millitary Suit (Level6) from the Beginning of my Imposible-Run.

SO TO GET THE MILLITARY SUIT (LEVEL6) HERE IS WHAT I DID:

- FINISH THE GAME ONCE (UNLOCKS THE SUIT)

- GO TO A SHOP, BUY IT (COST 90.000) AND WEAR IT ALL THE TIME

- PLAY TILL THE END OF CHAPTER 10. SAVE.

- PLAY CHAPTER 11 and 12 IN ONE SITTING

- AFTER BEATING THE BOSS, DO NOT SAVE, AND WATCH THE CREDITS

- NOW START A NEW GAME ON IMPOSSIBLE AND ISAC SHOULD WEAR THE WHITE SUIT DURING THE CUT-SCENE:applause:

Hi guys, i just wanted to confirm that the TRICK worked for me.

I have the Millitary Suit (Level6) from the Beginning of my Imposible-Run.

SO TO GET THE MILLITARY SUIT (LEVEL6) HERE IS WHAT I DID:

- FINISH THE GAME ONCE (UNLOCKS THE SUIT)

- GO TO A SHOP, BUY IT (COST 90.000) AND WEAR IT ALL THE TIME

- PLAY TILL THE END OF CHAPTER 10. SAVE.

- PLAY CHAPTER 11 and 12 IN ONE SITTING

- AFTER BEATING THE BOSS, DO NOT SAVE, AND WATCH THE CREDITS

- NOW START A NEW GAME ON IMPOSSIBLE AND ISAC SHOULD WEAR THE WHITE SUIT DURING THE CUT-SCENE:applause:

Glad to hear man, enjoy the game on IMPOSSIBLE mode - it is actually really fun :) I really felt that was the mode the game was meant to be played on. :)