Impossible not showing up.

Carter_83

Just like title says. I beat then game and did new game+ to get maxed out trophy. Went to start new game and impossible is not showing up. I am on chapter 11 in new game+ as I did not use glitches. Do I need to beat them game again on new game + or do I have to delete game data and beat it all over again.

Did you start the game on Impossible immediately after beating the game? For some strange reason you have to do that. If you start another playthrough on any other difficulty or shut off the game Impossible difficulty will no longer be unlocked.

If not you'll have to beat the game again or reload an old save near the Hivemind to beat it again.

Did you start the game on Impossible immediately after beating the game? For some strange reason you have to do that. If you start another playthrough on any other difficulty or shut off the game Impossible difficulty will no longer be unlocked.

If not you'll have to beat the game again or reload an old save near the Hivemind to beat it again.

This^

You have to start a new game on Impossible the moment you finish the game and save at the first avaliable save point, else you will not be able to play on Impossible.

If you don't do the above then you will have to either, finish the game again or load a save from before the final boss before you can start your Impossible playthrough.

This^

You have to start a new game on Impossible the moment you finish the game and save at the first avaliable save point, else you will not be able to play on Impossible.

If you don't do the above then you will have to either, finish the game again or load a save from before the final boss before you can start your Impossible playthrough.

Nevermind. I just saw where I can finish current game. Atleast I'm on chapter 11.

• 4 months later...

i know this an old game and old post but you guys should know and, this will be useful for anyone that couldnt be bothered with another playthrough....you dont need to play through again.

All you have to do is go on new game, quit then load up the last save in the listthat says cleared game. when that has loaded,quit out againand go to new game and impossible will be there, i think its just a glitch that hasnt been patched so thesystem needs your cleared game as authentication for impossible unlock.

Hope that helps somebody :-)

i know this an old game and old post but you guys should know and, this will be useful for anyone that couldnt be bothered with another playthrough....you dont need to play through again.

All you have to do is go on new game, quit then load up the last save in the listthat says cleared game. when that has loaded,quit out againand go to new game and impossible will be there, i think its just a glitch that hasnt been patched so thesystem needs your cleared game as authentication for impossible unlock.

That's a really good tip mate! Thanks for posting :)

• 1 year later...

That has definitely just helped me so thank you!

I finished the One Gun run last night and cleaned up all my saves barring Cleared Game. When I came to play the Impossible run this morning I was faced with having to play through again just to unlock Impossible again. Lifesaver!

• 1 year later...

Very old thread but I'm not having success unlocking the impossible. I did what is mentioned above and it still did not open new game + or impossible.

Edit: I played the ending a second time and now impossible showed up but when I save it said Cleared on the save. Will that carry over everything? I still have not seen new game plus.

Edited by kfree7

Very old thread but I'm not having success unlocking the impossible. I did what is mentioned above and it still did not open new game + or impossible.

Edit: I played the ending a second time and now impossible showed up but when I save it said Cleared on the save. Will that carry over everything? I still have not seen new game plus.

The Cleared Save Data will only carry over to another save, not onto Impossible. The only exception is the level 6 suit, but only if you beat new game + while wearing it.

Here is what you do:

Step 1: Beat the game normally | One Gun playthrough. Upon beating the game, the game will ask you if you want to save.

Step 2: Save over your Chapter 12 save or another slot.

Step 3: Load up your Cleared Data - which should be back on Chapter 1, this is new game +.

Step 4: Beat New Game + with the level 6 suit on | Clear remaining trophies.

Step 5: After beating Chapter 12 via New Game + start Impossible mode as soon as you finish.

The Cleared Save Data will only carry over to another save, not onto Impossible. The only exception is the level 6 suit, but only if you beat new game + while wearing it.

Here is what you do:

Step 1: Beat the game normally | One Gun playthrough. Upon beating the game, the game will ask you if you want to save.

Step 2: Save over your Chapter 12 save or another slot.

Step 3: Load up your Cleared Data - which should be back on Chapter 1, this is new game +.

Step 4: Beat New Game + with the level 6 suit on | Clear remaining trophies.

Step 5: After beating Chapter 12 via New Game + start Impossible mode as soon as you finish.

So to to add to my confusion Dragon, will you see a + sign on the main screen. It's not showing up.

Also the 1000 limb trophy has not popped. Will the stats for limb kills carry over when starting the cleared game? Not sure why that trophy never popped. I was shooting limbs like crazy the first play though. My current/2nd play through is on impossible. I only need the flame thrower, beat the game on impossible and the 1000 limb trophy for plat. Thank you again for all the help Dragon.

Edited by kfree7

So to to add to my confusion Dragon, will you see a + sign on the main screen. It's not showing up.

Also the 1000 limb trophy has not popped. Will the stats for limb kills carry over when starting the cleared game? Not sure why that trophy never popped. I was shooting limbs like crazy the first play though. My current/2nd play through is on impossible. I only need the flame thrower, beat the game on impossible and the 1000 limb trophy for plat. Thank you again for all the help Dragon.

The game should ask you prior to beating it if you want to save. Once you save, load up the file which say Chapter 1. The limb trophy does carry over different playthroughs. It is not impossible to get in one playthrough as long as you stomp off every single Necromorph limb during the course of the game. Also, to stomp the limbs off of every body you come across.

No problem :)

Yeah it popped on my second playthrough I think, I had no idea stomping dead necromorphs and other bodies counted as dismembering.

The game should ask you prior to beating it if you want to save. Once you save, load up the file which say Chapter 1. The limb trophy does carry over different playthroughs. It is not impossible to get in one playthrough as long as you stomp off every single Necromorph limb during the course of the game. Also, to stomp the limbs off of every body you come across.

No problem :)

Yeah it popped on my second playthrough I think, I had no idea stomping dead necromorphs and other bodies counted as dismembering.

Cool. Didn't know you could stomp and get credit for that. Thank you both.

• 8 months later...

I quit the game right after finishing my Easy playthrough. Needless to say now I can't see an Impossible option in New Game menu. I only have one Cleared Save that I saved after finishing the game.

What do I do now?

If I load the Cleared Save, a new game starts. I guess that's the Easy+ that now I have to beat fully in order to unlock Impossible?

How do I acquire a Level 6 suit and what does it give me if I beat my Easy+ playthrough with it?

Thanks

First off, be sure you save your game before completing the final chapter of the game. This way you can revert back to that save just in case the suit is not on you when you start Impossible. You will just have the level 6 suit upon starting Impossible. Not the most visually appealing suit, but it does offer the highest armor rating in the game, along with unlocking all every inventory slot. However, as mentioned in previous posts in this thread, the level 5 suit is just as effective as the level 6 suit.

Upon starting Impossible you will have level 1 weapons and a level 1 RIG. In terms of difficulty, the spike is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Just be thankful you're not starting out with the level 1 suit on Impossible.

Just as an added bonus, I'll throw in what I used and recommendations for Impossible mode:

• The Plasma Cutter is a universal weapon. That being said, you should consider holding onto it at all times and upgrade it fully first.

• Remember, while the Speed, Ammo, Rate of Fire attributes are great it is nothing without Power under it. At your first upgrade Station get a Power upgrade then work your way through to the next Power upgrade. You will unlock everything else naturally as you come in contact with Power Nodes.

• Your RIG is your life, but assuming you are wearing the level 6 suit, you should be able to withstand at least 3-4 hits before dying completely. If you are grabbed, just spam your way to freedom or else you'll die quickly. But, in all honesty you should not be getting grabbed often since you'll be at a distance. Upgrade your RIG while upgrading your Plasma Cutter and Force Gun.

• The location for enemy spawns are the same as they were originally.

• The Force Gun is your best friend on Impossible and should be held close to your heart. Combined with a powerful Alternate Fire that blasts limbs off your enemies (literally) if contact is made. Keep in mind that you have to aim and actually hit them. In the beginning, it will take a few shots, but once powered up you are looking at a limb destroying machine.

• Credit duping....a lot of credit duping. Once you are satisfied, stock up on Med Kits, Power Nodes, etc. Due note that Power Nodes are 10,000 credits a pop.

• Save often.

• Explore each section for the Blue boxes emitting a white light. These contain free power nodes and who would want to pass that up?

• Avoid using Power Nodes to unlock extra rooms.

That about sums it up.

Edited by x410xDragon